Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Brandon Lloyd might look good in purple & gold

Broncos put Brandon Lloyd on the trading block | ProFootballTalk

Rumor has it they're considering something between a third and fifth round draft pick. I wouldn't give a third, but a pair of 5s or maybe a 4th could be a steal. He's shown he can get open deep and catch the jump ball, and he seems to be a team first type of guy too. Basically, would fill one of our biggest needs as a solid deep threat for a mid-round draft pick that would be a much bigger gamble if spent on any rookie.

It still leaves the OL as our biggest need, but eliminates at least one...? I guess the big question would be, "how much money does he think he earned by leading the league in receiving last year?!??"
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I don't know. At this point, any help is good help, but is he a one-year wonder?

He has the skills, but until last year he's done nothing as a pro. I'd gladly give up a 5 for him, good risk/reward, but I have a feeling it'll cost more than that.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    No thanks.
    He's older, and has been consistent only 1 year. Wrs take time to gel with QBs. It makes no sense to do this at this time.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Tom Pelissero keeps saying that we won't play "rent-a-player" with a 30 year old guy while we're rebuilding, but I disagree with him. I think that having a proven WR like that would definitely help Ponder when he inevitably goes in. I'd say throw in Berrian with a 5th but they would probably ask for a 1st if we made them take Berrian. So just trade AP for him.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Tom Pelissero keeps saying that we won't play "rent-a-player" with a 30 year old guy while we're rebuilding, but I disagree with him. I think that having a proven WR like that would definitely help Ponder when he inevitably goes in. I'd say throw in Berrian with a 5th but they would probably ask for a 1st if we made them take Berrian. So just trade AP for him.
    Spoken like a man who understands the business.

AP for Lloyd, straight up. They get a RB they need, we get a WR we need. We have Gerhart after all, we're set for another 6 years.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    No thanks.
    ...Wrs take time to gel with QBs. ...
    Like it took Harvin, Rice, and Shiancoe to bond with Favre..... /sarcasm
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Can't afford him. I'd rather have a young guy. We need some youth and need to get from retreads.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
    Like it took Harvin, Rice, and Shiancoe to bond with Favre..... /sarcasm
    not sure if that was sarcasm, but it did take time.

Remember the first 3 games? receivers running their routes differently then Favre expected, mis-timed throws, they went heavy on the run game, and things only really picked up after Lewis caught that miracle game-winner vs. the 9ers.

mrhurriicane is offline Waterboy
    B Lloyd catches pretty much everything. We need a guy like that if we have Chunky Soup as a qb. This would also make it easier for Bernard Berrian to stay off the field.

By the way, that whole "it takes time to gel with a qb" talk is so overplayed. Sure building chemistry helps but does it honestly matter with the guy we have chucking soup cans all over the field?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Can't afford him. I'd rather have a young guy. We need some youth and need to get from retreads.
    I agree, but also disagree.

I see WR as a position you can get away with having vets at. yeah, it's better to have home-grown talent that you can groom to be a playmaker for 10 years, but that just doesn't always happen. Right now we have Harvin, and that's it. Our second best WR is a "retread" in jenkins. I've got hopes for Aromashodu, but for now, we need SOMETHING. A good vet might be just what McNaabb needs. He seems to do alright with Jenkins. nothing huge, but when he needs a throw, Jenkins is there. Lloyd could be another one of those guys. Very least, he's a rotation for Jenkins, as they both play a similar role. Bigger possession guys, leave Mush and Berrian on the other side to stretch the field with Harvin in the slot and Shank/ol' rednose (Oh god I'm turning into Marty ) at end. It's a rotation that shows promise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast