Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095669
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095668
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095664
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095658
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095650
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095648
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095631
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095629
    Looks like Sully, Coop and Cook are in trouble with this cat.

WTF is Spielman thinking?
    That sully, Coop and Cook all suck?

He's not the only one who thinks that.
    And this kid is gonna beat them out. Comeon bleed, you know more about the game than a post like that.
    Not htis season, no.

But a C taken in the sixth can certainly turn into a good player.

When was Birk taken?

I'm not holding out on him working, but I do like the pick.
    We have 2 zone blocking centers on the roster. You are the GM and the coaching staff has told you they are going to go away from the ZB scheme and need a starting C.

What do you do? Draft a guy that will fix that problem next year?

WOW.
    There's only a finite amount of high draft picks in the draft.

What do you want? These are sixth round picks. we take a bunch of players, I suspect three or more of these guys won't make the roster this year.

There aren't a hwole lot of Centers that will come in and start day one. We have to take them fairly early, and IMO we had more important needs/better players available. We needed to go QB early, and although I don't think we need Rudolph, I do think he will be a very good player for us.

You see, if we had our third, we could maybe get a G/C that could start, but we don't.
    So package a pick with this one and move up and get someone who will make the team.
    would be pointless, considering we traded down to get htis pick.

We gave up our fifth for two sixths. What would you recommend we do, trade our two sixths for a lower fifth? That would be stupid.
    LOL, So when your sitting there with no third round pick, you couldn't package the fifth, you just traded down from, and a 7th and move up?

Focus and stay with me here. I'm talking about getting someone earlier, long before this pick was made (or the 5th was traded).
    I had said I hoped they traded into the end of the fourth doing exactly that, but apparantly they didn't like anyone enough there to do so.

I don't think any players near the end of the draft htis year are worth packaging picks to get. I'd rather take alot of players and hopefully hit on a few than specifically target one or two and miss on both.

delviking is offline Starter

Re: Brandon Fusco, C

guys there doing this because by the time FA happens most players will probably be in the UFL or CFL so there getting the best players they can to have them for Camps and thing when they can do them.

So they dont lose out on alot of player that some teams like the Jags or the falcons are going to lose out on.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1095670
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095662
    I'm to pissed to play that game today.
    What are you pissed about?
    Spielman had all these lower picks, he could have actually targeted much better players and got them.

Instead, we sit pat, and even trade down, to what end?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095686
    Spielman had all these lower picks, he could have actually targeted much better players and got them.

Keep in mind, it's going to be very difficult to get undrafted free Agents.

Since there's no free agency yet, alot of these kids will go to the UFL and CFL. Lots of late picks isn't an awful thing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I kind of thought Bowers might be worth the risk had the Vikings traded some of their duplicate picks to grab him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1095693

I kind of thought Bowers might be worth the risk had the Vikings traded some of their duplicate picks to grab him.
    Exactly the concept I am talking about. Again, nothing against the guys added late yesterday. For the most part I like what all of them bring. I just question how Ricky boy worked the board.

As with all the players, here is some of the info I found on him when I did the research.

Round 6, Pick 7 (172) Brandon Fusco OL 6'4" 316
    "Biography: Three-year starter awarded all-Conference honors since his sophomore season.

Positives: ""Tough, heady center who has been consistent and productive on the college level. Plays with good quickness, keeps his feet moving, and displays better than average lateral blocking range. Terrific position blocker, stays square, and easily seals defenders from the action. Blocks with a nasty attitude, working hard to finish off defenders. Does a nice job consistently bending his knees and getting leverage. Always looking for someone to hit yet plays within himself and shows good awareness, helping out teammates.""

Negatives: ""Seems a bit stiff and marginally effective in motion. Struggles adjusting to defenders or hitting a moving target. Has difficulty when faced off against quick, explosive lineman.""

Analysis: ""Fusco has been an outstanding player on the college level and possesses the size, physical skills, and attitude to play in the NFL. He has an upside and could break into a starting lineup once he improves the finer points of his game.""

Projection: 6th"

Pick Analysis: The Vikings decide to take a flier on this small-school prospect who is tough enough to make some progress in the NFL.

He has a good frame and natural strength at the point of attack. He also plays with aggressiveness and works to finish blocks. Concerns are he is a limited athlete and needs to play with more consistent pad level.

"Biography: Three-year starter awarded all-Conference honors since his sophomore season.

Positives: ""Tough, heady center who has been consistent and productive on the college level. Plays with good quickness, keeps his feet moving, and displays better than average lateral blocking range. Terrific position blocker, stays square, and easily seals defenders from the action. Blocks with a nasty attitude, working hard to finish off defenders. Does a nice job consistently bending his knees and getting leverage. Always looking for someone to hit yet plays within himself and shows good awareness, helping out teammates.""

Negatives: ""Seems a bit stiff and marginally effective in motion.

Struggles adjusting to defenders or hitting a moving target. Has difficulty when faced off against quick, explosive lineman.""

Analysis: ""Fusco has been an outstanding player on the college level and possesses the size, physical skills, and attitude to play in the NFL. He has an upside and could break into a starting lineup once he improves the finer points of his game.""

Projection: 6th"

"Pro Football Weekly draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki: A developmental, small-school OL prospect who competed hard at the Senior Bowl, Fusco could bring depth as an interior swing backup and has the grit and toughness the Vikings desire on their line.
    "
    Not much out there on him as some of the sources seem to have copied each other. :P

In the end, maybe this guy would supplant Sully. Atleast thats what I'm hoping.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234