Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Lets come back to this in 5 years...Thats about the time i think the trade would be equal. Right now you would have to add 2 #1st rounders to make it work
    I seriously doubt the Pats would be willing to give up those picks, either.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    I seriously doubt the Pats would be willing to give up those picks, either.

Classic

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Why would anyone thing the following:

a. That Mallet is ready?
    Well, he is with a staff that can develop a QB and he has been sitting behind one of the best all time so if he has it in him he could very well be ready. If he isn't by now he more than likely never will be. At any rate yes, that is the wild card.

For what? A quick throw of any sort to Percy with his delivery? Anyone would have to assume that if they traded away Brady for Percy they are going to stay with the offense they are running and that would mean Percy would replace Welker.
    His delivery is not much different than brady's. What may differ is in his read recognition and decision making. Neither you nor I have a clue as to where that is at.

I'm sure that Percy can replace Welker but I'm not sure that Mallet can hold up that end of the bargain.
    Nobody on this board is sure. Then again some on this board were sure as all get out that TJ was ready several years in a row so............

b. Why would Brady be happy here without his Welker (aka Percy). If he is unhappy with the talent around him it is all related to Welker not going to be retained. Again, makes no sense to send him on his way just to get the WR he wants (other than Welker).
    We could sign him. He will be available.

So, based on those two assumptions, No, I wouldn't make this trade. I'd use my WR money on Percy, Simpson and someone like Barden, Keep working Wright into the picture and draft a big stud possession guy to work alongside Barden.
    You seriously want to keep Simpson and you have concern if mallett can hold up his end of the deal? All Simpson has shown so far is he knows how to smoke a reefer.

That would give you speed at the X (Simpson) for the 2 - 5 throws your going to make out there,
    Which guarantees 1 dropped pass and 2 underthrows.

a couple of nice possession guys to take a beating over the middle (move the chains like ole CC used to do)as well as a Red Zone threat,
    Well, 1 out of 5 isn't bad.

mixed in with Percy/Wright working the line of scrimmage/quick slant stuff.
    No guarantee he is on the roster ad Frazier is not making it any more reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by scottishvike View Post
    I think there's more chance of seeing Elvis swimming with the Loch Ness monster than there is of the Pats getting rid of Brady.
    I concur trading Brady ain't gonna happen he retires a Pat
    None

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Brady for Harvin

Marrdros rants are comical. Anyways, yes in a heartbeat. Brady would make us serious contenders. That being said I doubt the Pats are getting rid of the poster boy quite yet. Awesome thought though.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Fine by me. Make the trade happen. Thanks.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Marrdros rants are comical. Anyways, yes in a heartbeat. Brady would make us serious contenders. That being said I doubt the Pats are getting rid of the poster boy quite yet. Awesome thought though.
    You gotta chuckle at Marrdro's rants at times. He still honestly believes that if you have a deep threat WR on your team, we can only use him when we throw deep balls.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12