Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Brady for Harvin

Would you do this?

Listening to Kraft talk about the future of Tom brady, I was surprised he seemed to leave the door open to the possibiity that Brady may be on the table and if Mallett is deemed ready to go, maybe they would be ready to part ways. And since they don't look like they are going to sign Welker, a Brady for Harvin trade might be great for both teams. We would get a QB who could immediately make us serious contenders with the addition of one WR and having AP in the backfield would take the pressure off of brady in the latter years of his career and give him a running game he has never had.

Sure- it is pure speculation but this is SB sunday and I want the Vikings to play in that game before I cash in my proverbial chips.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Would you do this?

Listening to Kraft talk about the future of Tom brady, I was surprised he seemed to leave the door open to the possibiity that Brady may be on the table and if Mallett is deemed ready to go, maybe they would be ready to part ways. And since they don't look like they are going to sign Welker, a Brady for Harvin trade might be great for both teams. We would get a QB who could immediately make us serious contenders with the addition of one WR and having AP in the backfield would take the pressure off of brady in the latter years of his career and give him a running game he has never had.

Sure- it is pure speculation but this is SB sunday and I want the Vikings to play in that game before I cash in my proverbial chips.
    Lets come back to this in 5 years...Thats about the time i think the trade would be equal. Right now you would have to add 2 #1st rounders to make it work

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    To get Tom Brady for Harvin...right now...IN A HEARTBEAT! Brady has worked with average at best WRs his whole career (other than Moss). He's never had a RB like AD. Our TE's are below what he's used to, but Rudolph is the real deal. Let's go make the trade and give em our first rounder haha

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Brady for Harvin

I think there's more chance of seeing Elvis swimming with the Loch Ness monster than there is of the Pats getting rid of Brady.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    haha i agree scottish haha

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishvike View Post
    I think there's more chance of seeing Elvis swimming with the Loch Ness monster than there is of the Pats getting rid of Brady.
    Conventional wisdom says you are right but the Pats have sent a lot if their best players packing over the years earlier than you would expect.

Kraft said in an interview that it has to work for both sides and I am getting the feeling Brady is not happy about the talent he has been surrounded with. The Pats basically need to rebuild their whole roster on both sides of the ball and he might not have the patience to go through it plus I would think the decision all hinges on whether they think Mallett is ready to go and what they feel he can do. That, above all else is key .

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    I would make this trade any day of the week.. Are you kidding me? Tom Brady?

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Jarlvik is offline Rookie

Brady for Harvin

IF the Pats believe Mallett is ready...? NOD- Nice Offseason Dream. I would do it, I mean - what the hell? Our best seasons have with acquired (or re-acquired) vets . Fran, Warren, Randall, Brett...
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Why would anyone thing the following:

a. That Mallet is ready? For what? A quick throw of any sort to Percy with his delivery? Anyone would have to assume that if they traded away Brady for Percy they are going to stay with the offense they are running and that would mean Percy would replace Welker.

I'm sure that Percy can replace Welker but I'm not sure that Mallet can hold up that end of the bargain.

b. Why would Brady be happy here without his Welker (aka Percy). If he is unhappy with the talent around him it is all related to Welker not going to be retained. Again, makes no sense to send him on his way just to get the WR he wants (other than Welker).

So, based on those two assumptions, No, I wouldn't make this trade. I'd use my WR money on Percy, Simpson and someone like Barden, Keep working Wright into the picture and draft a big stud possession guy to work alongside Barden.

That would give you speed at the X (Simpson) for the 2 - 5 throws your going to make out there, a couple of nice possession guys to take a beating over the middle (move the chains like ole CC used to do) as well as a Red Zone threat, mixed in with Percy/Wright working the line of scrimmage/quick slant stuff.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    You have to remember, the Pats seem to have no problem dealing players who are just past the peak of their career in exchange for younger players.

Now, the question is, does that same strategy still apply to the most important position on the field?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast