Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Brad's blueprint - Childress follows Reid's lead

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    The similarities between the Eagles and Vikings are almost identical. That's almost scary. I loved this line in the story:
    If the parallel continues, the Vikings will win a wild-card game this year, then make the playoffs for the next four years, and reach the Super Bowl in 2011.
    Although I'd like to see it happen much sooner, I could live with that. Especially if the new Vikings stadium opens that year & the Super Bowl is played at the new stadium.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I like the fact that even with all the critism Childress has stayed with his plan. This quote from Andy Reid, "I told Brad you don't get a lot of shots to be a head coach in the National Football League, you have to do what you believe in. No matter how many people are questioning you on the outside, you have to stick with your plan, and he's done that." says it all, and now it's starting to pan out.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    We have a better running game than the Eagles. That takes the pressure off the QB. This gets to be critical in the playoffs and SB. Just think of John Elway.
    We may have some differences in the running game, but Brian Westbrook is also an elite player in my book.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

phillyviking is offline Waterboy

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    We have a better running game than the Eagles. That takes the pressure off the QB. This gets to be critical in the playoffs and SB. Just think of John Elway.

We may have some differences in the running game, but Brian Westbrook is also an elite player in my book.....
    Brian Westbrook is an elite player, and the Eagles' MVP. The problem is that Reid doesn't use him right. In the game where they almost beat the Patriots, the Eagles were moving the ball well on their final drive, West Coast-style, mixing up short passes and runs by Westbrook. They get into Patriots territory and suddenly Reid takes the ball out of Westbrook's hands and puts it in the hands of his second-string quarterback AJ Feeley. Result: Interception, game over. Against the Seahawks, same deal. Westbrook returns a late punt 60-some yards to put the Eagles in scoring position -- and then doesn't see the ball again. Result: Interception, game over.

I would hope that when the game is on the line, Childress understands who the Vikings' playmakers are and who he should trust with the football.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"PurpleTide" wrote:

I like the fact that even with all the critism Childress has stayed with his plan. This quote from Andy Reid, "I told Brad you don't get a lot of shots to be a head coach in the National Football League, you have to do what you believe in. No matter how many people are questioning you on the outside, you have to stick with your plan, and he's done that." says it all, and now it's starting to pan out.

Sounds to me like Reid is trying to take credit for Brad's success, but that's just my opinion.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Sounds to me like Reid is trying to take credit for Brad's success, but that's just my opinion.
    He has been his mentor, so maybe he deserves a little credit.
    most of the credit goes to ol' Chiller though, i'm so glad we are winning after all. after the GB game i was confused didn't know what to think or how to feel after supporting Childress for 2 years. now i can finally say i was right
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I'm just glad he didn't follow his eating habits.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Hopefully Brad stops listening to him when he starts to tell him how to raise children.

651Vikes is offline Training Camp

Whats with their mustaches anyway. Holmgrem, Reid, and Childress all sport the same mustache! Anyone got pictures?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    This is a great article. I really didnt' know crap about the eagles in that time. Makes me think..lol. The Vikes have drafted really well for a long time, a miss or two, but over all really well. And a few missing pieces, and, the way they are playing the NFC championship game next year is not all that long of a shot.
    I'm sorry my friend but the previous regime sucked at drafting.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...3000&type=team
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast