Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Re: Brad Wants to Start

"Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I wouldn't be opposed to trading him to the Titans for McNair...they would probably love to unload McNair's salary and we have the cap room to handle it.
    Trading Johnson for McNair? Sounds like a good deal to me. McNair is a tough sumbitch.
    That's about the only scenerio I can imagine being ok with...I like that guy

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I wouldn't be opposed to trading him to the Titans for McNair...they would probably love to unload McNair's salary and we have the cap room to handle it.
    Trading Johnson for McNair? Sounds like a good deal to me. McNair is a tough sumbitch.
    Is this attractive to McNair, who more than likely has a VETO button in his contract, more likely to have that language in his contract than BJ would.

BTW, thanks DCpologirl!!!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Just let him compete for the job.. If we wins he wins.. If Pep actually does come back next year

Gift is offline Coordinator

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Just let him compete for the job.. If we wins he wins.. If Pep actually does come back next year
    This is not a bad idea, insted of just saying c-pep is our guy why not have him prove it. Dont go by past stas just go by current production. It is the most fair solution.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Del Rio Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I can't really say for sure because there are teams that I think may move QB's this offseason like the Raiders for example.

If his desire is to start there are plenty of teams he could contribute too on that level ourselves included.

I think he knows what everyone else knows in that Dante is the Vikings love child. He is fun to watch he has amazing talent, and he gets paid a WHOLE lot of money.

Now he may not get a starting role on another team, but there are teams who he could get one.

All I am saying is he obviously wants to start. It could happen hell you have all the teams you listed, plus the raiders, the Titans, the Lions......I mean there are possibilities. I think the Vikings will let him EXPLORE thos possibilities.

Which is saying he can seek a trade. He can test the waters and if no one bites he remains a starter/backup for the Vikes. If he can better himself and start somewhere he should be able to I think the Vikings will feel the same way.
    A little birdie told me Mcnair was going to be out of there.

I don't know that he would enjoy being a backup to Pep, but I get the feeling he won't have much say in where he lands.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Gift" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    This is not a bad idea, insted of just saying c-pep is our guy why not have him prove it. Dont go by past stas just go by current production. It is the most fair solution.

True dat man.. I hope the best man wins.. Bring in Shockley for back up duties also.. I think he will be a solid NFL QB :smile:

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Had to figure he would want to start. He is a good and very experienced QB. There are a lot of QB's out there who do not deserve a starting gig; Brad could easily beat out a lot of them.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Man, why does Brad have to make this more complicated than it already is? Even if he is better than Daunte right now, it hurts the Vikings future to have him start all next season. Now all of a sudden we have to trade him and find a different backup.

I don't think putting Daunte on a short leash will help his game at all. He struggled this year because he was expected to do big things and was trying to do to much with the ball, forcing throws and such. The added pressure of the chance to be benched if he has a bad game will likely cause him to play the same way. If we don't start Daunte next year we might as well trade him and then start all over again at the QB position when Brad retires.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

Simple. Trade Culpepper if there is the slightest interest. Draft or pick up a QB to develop over the next two years under Brad. In two years, Brad wins a Superbowl and retires and the Rookie is ready to play having learned from one of the best.

Culpepper goes on to set an NFL record for interceptions, fumbles and sacks taken with another team. And the Vikes save what, $6 million by not paying Daunte his bonus next year?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I can't really say for sure because there are teams that I think may move QB's this offseason like the Raiders for example.

If his desire is to start there are plenty of teams he could contribute too on that level ourselves included.

I think he knows what everyone else knows in that Dante is the Vikings love child. He is fun to watch he has amazing talent, and he gets paid a WHOLE lot of money.

Now he may not get a starting role on another team, but there are teams who he could get one.

All I am saying is he obviously wants to start. It could happen hell you have all the teams you listed, plus the raiders, the Titans, the Lions......I mean there are possibilities. I think the Vikings will let him EXPLORE thos possibilities.

Which is saying he can seek a trade. He can test the waters and if no one bites he remains a starter/backup for the Vikes. If he can better himself and start somewhere he should be able to I think the Vikings will feel the same way.
    A little birdie told me Mcnair was going to be out of there.

I don't know that he would enjoy being a backup to Pep, but I get the feeling he won't have much say in where he lands.
    Was that birdie named Dyson? McNair wouldn't come in as a backup to Brad necessarily...the Vikes could have an open competition for the starting position...and let the best man win! I don't doubt that McNair would beat out BJ if both were healthy...McNair has the veteran savvy that Brad has PLUS when healthy he has the superior skills to win games on his own. No dis on Brad...but I really would LOVE to have McNair for just one season...he would definitely shine in our offense!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast