Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Brad Wants to Start

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Can't blame Brad for that.

He is a starting QB he has prooven it time and time again.

A lot is going to depend on our coaching situation but I think Brad will be starting somewhere else next year.
    I am a DC supporter all the way.

With that said, Brad should be told that he is competing for the starting job.

It comes back to what we were saying about DC earlier, make him earn it.

Also, we paid him a lot of money to be a back up. He signed the contract, he needs to stay. Unless there is a clause in the contract that says he can shop himself around??????
    I think the respect factor the org has for Brad will allow him to shop. Everyone knows he doesn't have many years left so keeping him on as a backup under a guy he outperformed would be a slap in the face.

You could have a competition to see who is better ready to play.........but IF and I say if for a reason Culpepper gets back into playing condition (I pray to god he does) then the scenerio is pretty simple IMO.

Brad starts out the season as starter and regardless of how he does he is taken out at the best moment to re-insert Daunte. I'm in no way saying it's wrong because Daunte is a better QB IMO, especially if our coaching staff knows how to use him.

I just don't think it's fair to Brad, and I think that the Vikings will see it that way too and if they say Daunte is our man, Brad can probably seek a trade without them putting up a fight.

IMO of course.

bfld is offline Rookie

Del Rio,

You're probably described how it will play out. but we'll be taking a heck of a chance letting Brad go. I hope someone smarter than me can come up with a way to keep him around; otherwise we're going to be making installments on our ulcers every time CP takes a shot to that knee.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Del, I am not disaggreeing with you, just adding some thoughts, for Brad to think about. As a competitor, he probably wouldn't even give it a second thought.

But:

The team he may go to might pull him and he could also be beat out. Where does he go.

Packers = Competition
    Saints = NO WAY who wants to go there, what if the draft a QB.
    Jets = Competiton if Chad is back.
    Ravens = Competition
    Cardinals = Maybe Denny would start him

Give me some other ideas where it is that much more certain of a position that he will start. he actually has more chance to start in MN, for a while that is.

Seriously, what team is going to give him the start. Please contribute to BJ's search for a new team, any ideas.

Prophet Guest

I think the Raiders would start him for a season while they figure out which way is up with their new head coach and now that they realized that Kerry is an idiot.

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Give me some other ideas where it is that much more certain of a position that he will start. he actually has more chance to start in MN, for a while that is.

Seriously, what team is going to give him the start. Please contribute to BJ's search for a new team, any ideas.
    Detroit.

Say they draft a Jay Cutler or someone, they could bring Brad in to be the starter for a year or two. Most likely Garcia and Harrington are out.

Del Rio Guest

I can't really say for sure because there are teams that I think may move QB's this offseason like the Raiders for example.

If his desire is to start there are plenty of teams he could contribute too on that level ourselves included.

I think he knows what everyone else knows in that Dante is the Vikings love child. He is fun to watch he has amazing talent, and he gets paid a WHOLE lot of money.

Now he may not get a starting role on another team, but there are teams who he could get one.

All I am saying is he obviously wants to start. It could happen hell you have all the teams you listed, plus the raiders, the Titans, the Lions......I mean there are possibilities. I think the Vikings will let him EXPLORE thos possibilities.

Which is saying he can seek a trade. He can test the waters and if no one bites he remains a starter/backup for the Vikes. If he can better himself and start somewhere he should be able to I think the Vikings will feel the same way.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Can't blame Brad for that.

He is a starting QB he has prooven it time and time again.

A lot is going to depend on our coaching situation but I think Brad will be starting somewhere else next year.
    I am a DC supporter all the way.

With that said, Brad should be told that he is competing for the starting job.

It comes back to what we were saying about DC earlier, make him earn it.

Also, we paid him a lot of money to be a back up. He signed the contract, he needs to stay. Unless there is a clause in the contract that says he can shop himself around??????
    Ypou know I really enjoy your posts Snow...I totally agree you are absolutely right.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I can't really say for sure because there are teams that I think may move QB's this offseason like the Raiders for example.

If his desire is to start there are plenty of teams he could contribute too on that level ourselves included.

I think he knows what everyone else knows in that Dante is the Vikings love child. He is fun to watch he has amazing talent, and he gets paid a WHOLE lot of money.

Now he may not get a starting role on another team, but there are teams who he could get one.

All I am saying is he obviously wants to start. It could happen hell you have all the teams you listed, plus the raiders, the Titans, the Lions......I mean there are possibilities. I think the Vikings will let him EXPLORE thos possibilities.

Which is saying he can seek a trade. He can test the waters and if no one bites he remains a starter/backup for the Vikes. If he can better himself and start somewhere he should be able to I think the Vikings will feel the same way.
    I wouldn't be opposed to trading him to the Titans for McNair...they would probably love to unload McNair's salary and we have the cap room to handle it.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I wouldn't be opposed to trading him to the Titans for McNair...they would probably love to unload McNair's salary and we have the cap room to handle it.
    Trading Johnson for McNair? Sounds like a good deal to me. McNair is a tough sumbitch.

That wouldnt be to bad of a trade. McNair would stay healthy long enough for Culpepper comes back. I think Brad has proved himself to start elsewhere he is a real good football player. I would be happy for Brad if he was able to go.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast