Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    vIker44 is offline Rookie

Re: Brad Wants to Start

Brad pulled the same stuff when Cunningham was here.... start me or trade me.... Vikings barely won against a string of weak teams with Brad as starter and suddenly he thinks he's Tom Brady re-incarnate.... I'll give him some credit for "hanging in there" but I give far more credit to a re-vamped and emergind offensive line plus better offensive schemes..... hey, go head to head against Pepp and may the best man win..... what's so wrong with that idea???????
    it's tarv time............

Gift is offline Coordinator

"sleepagent" wrote:
    Brad is a winner with a Super Bowl ring on his finger. He proved that he could do something that DC was unable to do this year . . . win!!!!!

I did some research on DC and was a bit surprised to see that DC is a loser . . . in football games that is.

2000 11-5
    2001 5-11
    2002 6-10
    2003 7-7 (Gus Ferrotte was 2-0 in injury relief)
    2004 8-8
    2005 2-5 (Brad Johnson was 7-2 in injury relief)

OVERALL 39-46

Which begs the question, why don't we give Brad a run at it for a season or so. He's earned it. Lets see how far he can lead this team. DC had it for 6 years and didn't get it done. What do we stand to lose (other than another Super Bowl).

And . . . Didn't we just run a Coach out of town with a better record than 39-46 . . . who wasn't on the field playing the game???

Maybe . . . we can dump another high salary on someone else, bring in an understudy to BJ, and see what happens!!!!!!
    nice one, I hope people actually let this sink in a bit.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

If it weren't for Peyton Manning's efforts in 2004, Daunte would have been da league MVP. Da defense let da team down in 2002 and 2003 with late season collapses, if youse mugs rememba. Daunte can't play both sides of da ball.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

vIker44 is offline Rookie

"sleepagent" wrote:
    Brad is a winner with a Super Bowl ring on his finger. He proved that he could do something that DC was unable to do this year . . . win!!!!!

I did some research on DC and was a bit surprised to see that DC is a loser . . . in football games that is.

2000 11-5
    2001 5-11
    2002 6-10
    2004 8-8

OVERALL 39-46

Which begs the question, why don't we give Brad a run at it for a season or so. He's earned it. Lets see how far he can lead this team. DC had it for 6 years and didn't get it done. What do we stand to lose (other than another Super Bowl).

And . . . Didn't we just run a Coach out of town with a better record than 39-46 . . . who wasn't on the field playing the game???

Maybe . . . we can dump another high salary on someone else, bring in an understudy to BJ, and see what happens!!!!!!
    I'd like to point out that Brad didn't even START for the Vikings until his 5TH FREAKIN YEAR!!!!! Seems to me writing off a two time Pro-Bowl QB that lead his team to an NFCC game after his 6th season is short sighted to say the least.... keep in mind the turmoil this team has endured including the death of OT Korey Stringer that shot up that one entire season..... add the crappy job the Vikings have done shoring up the O-line and the crappy coaching by Mike Tice..... Pepp is barely getting his feet wet, dude, let's compare him to Brad when they get the same numbers of years under their belts..... my bet is Pepp smacks Brad off the field if the chicken (Brad) is willing to compete for a change..........
    it's tarv time............

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"OldManVike" wrote:
    If it weren't for Peyton Manning's efforts in 2004, Daunte would have been da league MVP. Da defense let da team down in 2002 and 2003 with late season collapses, if youse mugs rememba. Daunte can't play both sides of da ball.
    Very true.

2004 stats: 4717 yards, completion pct. of 69.2, 39 TDs, 11 INTs and a QB rating of 110.9 :shock:

Very good stats. But keep in mind, football is a team sport, and everyone has to play as a team (unless your Vince young :wink: ).

Oh, and here is his total stats over the years.

Total: 20162 yards, completion pct. of 64.4, 135 TDs, 86 INTs and a QB rating of 91.5 - Not bad; nothing to shake a stick at as they say.

For complete list of stats for all years, go to ( http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133263 )
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

modena11 is offline Rookie

"sleepagent" wrote:

2000 11-5
    2001 5-11
    2002 6-10
    2004 8-8

OVERALL 39-46

ignorance man.

football is a team sport my friend. during all those years you stated the vikings had a top 5 or better offence. daunte got the job done on offence, it was our 28th or worse defence that really cost us any chance at success.

maybe you should do some research on the team as a whole instead of just looking at daunte.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"sleepagent" wrote:

2000 11-5
    2001 5-11
    2002 6-10
    2004 8-8

OVERALL 39-46

Here's Brad Johnson's Career Stats:

1995 2-1
    1996 7-5
    1997 8-5
    1998 1-3
    1999 10-6
    2000 7-5
    2001 9-7
    2002 10-3
    2003 7-9
    2004 0-4
    2005 7-2

OVERALL 68-50

Interesting side note - Tony Dungy wanted HIM as his QB for Tampa Bay in 2001. Tampa Won the Super Bowl the next year with BJ as QB.

The obvious point is BJ is a winner despite the 3 Organizations he's been with and deserves a shot at leading this team.

If I were Coach, I'd start BJ until he failed (several poor performances) and then put DC back in (if he's ready). He has the experience. He doesn't make as many critical mistakes as DC, and manages the game well. He's not exciting like DC, but atleast he wins.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Childress noted that in 1999, when the Eagles had the No. 2 overall pick, they selected McNabb but said Culpepper was a close second.

"He fits right into all the things that we'll do," Childress said of Culpepper, who is recovering from tearing three ligaments in his right knee this season. "In talking with the doctors, I had a chance to check this out during the course of the interview where he is at with Dr. (James) Andrews. He has made significant, significant progress in just six weeks."

Childress also made clear Culpepper is the team's starter and that Johnson is the backup, a point that could ruffle Johnson.

"Daunte right now is the franchise quarterback," Childress said. "He's the guy, and we'll just leave it at that. We hope he gets well, and rehabs.

"I've always believed a guy doesn't lose his position if he gets hurt," Childress said. "But Brad Johnson is a talented guy, and he won a lot of football games for you guys this year, and I'm familiar with him, and he knows this system."

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=289426#2894 26

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    Childress noted that in 1999, when the Eagles had the No. 2 overall pick, they selected McNabb but said Culpepper was a close second.

"He fits right into all the things that we'll do," Childress said of Culpepper, who is recovering from tearing three ligaments in his right knee this season. "In talking with the doctors, I had a chance to check this out during the course of the interview where he is at with Dr. (James) Andrews. He has made significant, significant progress in just six weeks."

Childress also made clear Culpepper is the team's starter and that Johnson is the backup, a point that could ruffle Johnson.

"Daunte right now is the franchise quarterback," Childress said. "He's the guy, and we'll just leave it at that. [size=18px]We hope he gets well[/size], and rehabs.

"I've always believed a guy doesn't lose his position if he gets hurt," Childress said. "But Brad Johnson is a talented guy, and he won a lot of football games for you guys this year, and I'm familiar with him, and he knows this system."

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=289426#2894 26
    This is what it all comes down to. Because if not, his past role of being a franchise QB is irrelevant.
    Even babies know the difference.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"modena11" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:

2000 11-5
    2001 5-11
    2002 6-10
    2004 8-8

OVERALL 39-46

ignorance man.

football is a team sport my friend. during all those years you stated the vikings had a top 5 or better offence. daunte got the job done on offence, it was our 28th or worse defence that really cost us any chance at success.

maybe you should do some research on the team as a whole instead of just looking at daunte.
    Well, it's hard for people to get the idea that a QB is all that's important out of their heads after the media has scorched it into their subconciousness in movies and quarterback-centered coverage. Personally, I'd rather have a quarterback who's a freshman in college surrounded by high-caliber NFL players than have it the other way around. This isn't saying that Daunte isn't a great quarterback. He is. But he hasn't had much of a defense to work with. When Sgt. Pepper went down, the rest of our team finally realized that Daunte can't carry the team all by himself and finally started to play at a level closer to their full potential.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast