Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Brad Johnson: Who You Calling Old?

That's one difference between Johnson and Packers star Brett Favre. Johnson insists on throwing the ball away; Favre increasingly throws it to the other team.

During his career, Favre has completed 61.5 percent of his passes for 7.0 yards per attempt and a ratio of 1.55 touchdowns to interceptions. Johnson has completed 61.9 percent for 6.8 yards per attempt and 1.52 TDs to interceptions.
    Darn right! At this point in their careers I think Brad is just as good as Favre, if not better. Keep in mind, they also have the same number of Super Bowl wins. :grin:

I just don't understand why everyone talks about Brad's age, but not Favray's. They say Favre might be washed up, but they don't usually say he's too old. Maybe it's because Favre throws it around like his arm is still 25 and Brad plays more conservatively...or maybe it's because the media has a hard on for Favre.

Prophet Guest

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    [quote]
    ...Maybe it's because Favre throws it around like his arm is still 25 and Brad plays more conservatively...or maybe it's because the media has a hard on for Favre.
    ...or maybe it's because the majority of the sports journalists are flunkies that couldn't write a story if the outline was given to them.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

These Bears fans laugh at me when I say that I'm looking forward to a great season and that Johnson being 37 doesn't really worry me. In a city that hasn't had a really good QB in over 20 years I'm not quite sure why they laugh, but they do. I'm so excited for the season to start. To see these boys in action and to prove the "experts" wrong!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12