Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Brad Johnson: Starting QB, backup pay? Could be costly

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I remember when Wilf gave Pepper that $1,000,000 raise. He took him aside at training camp and went to the endzone. After a short conversation Pep had his extra $$$.
    I'm betting the same thing will happen to Brad. Wilf will quietly off him and extra million or two to put him in line withother starters and that will be it. Wilf knows what the players are worth and he know that Brad has the team in his hands.
    Consider it done!
    I don't recall it being a raise. I recall it was just a one-time bonus until they talked contract at the end of the season.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I remember when Wilf gave Pepper that $1,000,000 raise. He took him aside at training camp and went to the endzone. After a short conversation Pep had his extra $$$.
    I'm betting the same thing will happen to Brad. Wilf will quietly off him and extra million or two to put him in line withother starters and that will be it. Wilf knows what the players are worth and he know that Brad has the team in his hands.
    Consider it done!
    I don't recall it being a raise. I recall it was just a one-time bonus until they talked contract at the end of the season.
    I don't think it was just a one-time, wasn't the March 14th 6 mil roster bonus part of his rework too?

i think he should get the money he wants!! He is the starting QB, but i think the reason he isn't drawing too much attention to it, is because this will probably be his last season!! i don't see him coming back for another season unless he gets some big time cash!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Gotta love the press.

Creating a problem when one doesn't exist.

I despise writers, such as this idiot, who are sturring up crap that doesn't need to be mixed.

Let the big boys work it out. They get it together.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

[size=18px]Johnson Mum on Contract [/size]

By: Viking Update Staff
    Date: Jul 2, 2006

Brad Johnson isn't screaming right now. In fact, he isn't saying anything. But, with four weeks to go until training camp, the Vikings have done little in the way of what many of us thought was obvious three months ago -- reworking Johnson's deal to pay him a starter's money.

Click below for the remainder of the article.

Johnson Mum on Contract

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Consider it done!
    I don't think it was just a one-time, wasn't the March 14th 6 mil roster bonus part of his rework too?
    You are correct;

"As of Thursday, the Vikings were not wavering on their plan to pay Culpepper $6 million in bonuses March 14, the last of an $8 million upgrade Wilf granted him last summer. The date of the bonus payout is important; if the Vikings decide to release him prior to it, they could still keep him off the free-agent market for nearly two weeks -- the period when most teams expend the majority of their cap space."

Vikings: Tensions rise over Culpepper contract

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Oh no, first people were saying it was Pep's wife that was pushing for the move out of Minnesota, boat thing, now Johnson's mum is getting involve in the contract process :shock: ........how many days 'til we play the raiders :wink:

hot summer day and no real football is taking its toll

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

I think Brad deserves an increase. It is not like he is going to hold us hostage with some unreal demand. He knows what his value is to the Vikings and we know how much we value him. It is a no brainer; pay hte man.

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    Oh no, first people were saying it was Pep's wife that was pushing for the move out of Minnesota, boat thing, now Johnson's mum is getting involve in the contract process :shock: ........how many days 'til we play the raiders :wink:

hot summer day and no real football is taking its toll
    43 days & counting down.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=18px]Starting QB, backup pay? Could be costly[/size]
    Now, however, it appears Johnson could be their starter for at least the next two years while Jackson, 1.) a highly touted prospect selected in the second round of the April draft, develops his Division I-AA skills.

2.) If a raise is merited & rightfully he has earned it, it should & probably will come from the front office & not by a request from Brad or his agent.

1.) About time!!! We need to pump T-Jack up. Let him know we'll be behind him. If we start tearing him down b/c he wasn't a known name before the draft, that's only hurting ourselves. I say we boost him up so he wants to play for us, wants to work hard for us like Reggie Bush wants for N.O., and good things will happen.

2.) Didn't B.J. take us 7-2 to close out the year, after we lost our star player? after all the scandal? Didn't we ALMOST make the playoffs are being the embarassment of the league? Some analysts were even going to call us the Cinderella story if we made it in. (ESPN Sportscenter) I think he deserves it for making last season repsectable ALONE. We all talk about last year how we were 9-7, a winning year, how analysts don't give us enough credit for it and how we have to do better than that this year b/c of improvements. I say B.J. made that 9-7 possible (forgetting about the horrible shuttle pass in the Steelers game....he had to rub the rust of somewhere) and most certainly ALREADY deserves that raise.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast