Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vikinglover919 is offline Training Camp

Brad Johnson Named Starter Sadly.........

Despite an amusing attempt at subterfuge from coach Brad Childress, there were the strongest indications Wednesday that incumbent Brad Johnson will retain his job for at least one more week. Childress twice claimed in interviews that he had not decided on a starter, but he finally acknowledged he "competitively" wanted that player's identity kept secret until kickoff.

Rookie Tarvaris Jackson, however, inadvertently revealed a decision that also was confirmed elsewhere.

"Brad is the starting quarterback and I'm doing like I do every week," Jackson said. "Trying to get ready for the game like I'm the starter and just trying to get better each day."

Jackson is expected to serve as the No. 2 quarterback Sunday while backup Brooks Bollinger rehabilitates a separated left shoulder. Bollinger might have supplanted Johnson if he were healthy, but instead Bollinger is unable to lift his arm and was listed as doubtful on the Vikings injury report.

That ailment left Childress to choose between Johnson, who threw four interceptions last Sunday in the Vikings' 23-13 loss to Chicago, and Jackson, who had not taken a regular-season practice snap with the Vikings offense before Wednesday.

Childress said he considered using a rotation of Johnson and Jackson but admitted "that's probably not where I'm at at this point." He said the players' divergent styles would add uncertainty to the Lions' preparations this week.
    " I Love Me Some Me" T.O TO THE VIKES!!!!!

" EARTH IS COVERED BY 3/4 WATER AN 1/4 SMOOT!'

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Brad Johnson Named Starter Sadly.........

Already posted in in a couple of the other TJ threads...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Vikinglover919 is offline Training Camp

O my bad i diddnt no
    " I Love Me Some Me" T.O TO THE VIKES!!!!!

" EARTH IS COVERED BY 3/4 WATER AN 1/4 SMOOT!'

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

No big deal to me... Just letting ya know.
    One of the mods will probably merge this in to one of the other threads anyway.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

I think I'll go ice fishing Sunday.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Here is a fun little stat

BY THE NUMBERS
    71.2 -- Brad Johnson's quarterback rating, which ranks 28th in the NFL, putting him ahead of only Denver's Jake Plummer (70.5) and Dallas' Drew Bledsoe (69.2). Those two have been benched.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Starter Sadly, is that his new name?

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"thevikingfan" wrote:

BY THE NUMBERS
    71.2 -- Brad Johnson's quarterback rating, which ranks 28th in the NFL, putting him ahead of only Denver's Jake Plummer (70.5) and Dallas' Drew Bledsoe (69.2). Those two have been benched.
    Those coaches actually realized that eventhough they were in the middle of a playoff hunt, their current qb's were only going to hold them back.
    Now we have the slightest chance of a playoff spot, and we are going to keep old man river behind center.
    I don't get it.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"Bdubya" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:

BY THE NUMBERS
    Those coaches actually realized that eventhough they were in the middle of a playoff hunt, their current qb's were only going to hold them back.
    Now we have the slightest chance of a playoff spot, and we are going to keep old man river behind center.
    I don't get it.
    Those teams each had a quarterback who was deemed ready. TJack is not ready, apparently. I'm sure that a coach, no matter how stupid you make think he is, would know when a player is ready or not. It's not like TJ is calling out to be the starter, the ignorant fans are. TJ is saying he's not as prepared as he wants to be. It's his life and his career, not ours. I'd love to see him play and I'd go happy crazy insane to see him start, but those other situations aren't exactly like ours.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"Braddock" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:

BY THE NUMBERS
    I don't get it.
    Those teams each had a quarterback who was deemed ready. TJack is not ready, apparently. I'm sure that a coach, no matter how stupid you make think he is, would know when a player is ready or not. It's not like TJ is calling out to be the starter, the ignorant fans are. TJ is saying he's not as prepared as he wants to be. It's his life and his career, not ours. I'd love to see him play and I'd go happy crazy insane to see him start, but those other situations aren't exactly like ours.
    Even if he isnt as ready as he may want you cant play much worse than Brad right now,we have nothing to lose!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast