Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Brad Johnson impressed with Childress and vice versa

Good piece, but it the final paragraph is bogus, as has already been pointed out by the fine gentlement in this thread. None of the players in the NFL are with their respective teams right now, they're all at home resting/spending time with family/chilling out etc. Why should Daunte be any different? I'll tell you why.. He's a big story and the Twin Cities media are peeved that they can't get easy access to him! Why are they constantly demanding that he be in Minnesota? They're making the demands more than the Vikings themselves are! I think a Vikings rep has said ONCE that they'd like Daunte to be in Minnesota just so they could evaluate his rehab, but once Chuck Barter went to Florida to see Culpepper, and he saw that everything was going great, nothing untoward has been said by the team since with regards to where Daunte does his rehab.

See? A little analysis and the whole house of cards comes crashing down..

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

The end of the article was the columnists opinion, not something the coaches said or wanted.
    But PEP has always had a knock against him that he is a poor "study." Maybe the coaches want him up here to study film with them or something like that. I certainly don't know but the saga will continue for awhile.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Looks like the other storm front on Brad is coming to an end, thank God...

I'de like to see Brad stay and start the season for us till PeP is 100%..

They are both our QB's for now, and thats how I'll approach this till things happen elswise.....

One thing I will say, if Brad starts for us, and we get on a great roll of winning and looking really good on O.......I wouldn't just put PeP back in because he was close to 100% or even at 100% Brad should be given the chance to lose the position back to PeP.......

This probably wouldn't go over so good for many, but I've always felt that way for any NFL player who steeps in and takes over and does a great job over the original starter.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

Man, looks like Brad really wants it. And after the rush he had of coming in following DC and doing as well as he did, who can blame him?

I'm not questioning Daunte's desire, but it looks like Brad is itchin.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I like the idea of bringing both DC and BJ into training camp knowing that they have to compete for the starting spot. Let's face it, a 100% healthy DC is a better choice at QB than a 100% healthy BJ. But having Dante back to 100% by camp is pretty close to impossible, even for Dante.

So the question will be, is a 85-90% healthy DC a better choice than a 100% BJ? I don't know. I think Dante will be fine with the mental aspect of the game (despite what some other posters may say). He is simply a player that needs to be coached well in order to preform. But I have a feeling that BJ will be able to edge him out physically.

Whoever gets that nod, the starting position will be theirs to lose. If BJ starts and begins the season 7-2 like he ended the season, he will be Minnesota's golden boy again. But if he starts the same as DC did last year, he will be yanked by mid season. Same goes for DC. I think we will just have to wait until training camp to see.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Freya is offline Team Alumni

My main observation of the info out there is that DC is not as proactive about his playing career as he might need to be. Being in rehab or not, he still should be keeping his foot stuck firmly in the door. I find it rediculous that he is only the 'victim' of speculation and doesn't even seem to be in the know as to where his career is going. Frankly, I'm disappointed.
    In aparent contrast, BJ is casting his own shadow and actively seeking what he wants.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think that DC should have to come to Minny to rehab, but he should come to Minny to get to know the new coaches. He sure got to Minnesota in a hurry when he wanted to talk about his contract. He went there 3 different times to talk about contract crap, but when he has a time to meet the new coach, he bails and heads back to Florida and talks with him on the phone.

He has already stated that he is rehabbing in Fla because he has a 1 level home there, and the weather is better suited for his rehab work. I agree 100% with that, but when he was in Minnesota and supposed to meet with Childress he didn't and chose to go back to Fla. That wasn't a very good move on his part. Now Johnson comes to Minnesota and talks face to face with Childress. Now are we supposed to believe that BJ did that to be friendly? I am sure he did that for a couple reasons, first and foremost because he wants on Childress's good side while this crap is going on with Pepp. He may have just moved himself into the #1 position on the Vikes.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I don't think that DC should have to come to Minny to rehab, but he should come to Minny to get to know the new coaches. He sure got to Minnesota in a hurry when he wanted to talk about his contract. He went there 3 different times to talk about contract crap, but when he has a time to meet the new coach, he bails and heads back to Florida and talks with him on the phone.

He has already stated that he is rehabbing in Fla because he has a 1 level home there, and the weather is better suited for his rehab work. I agree 100% with that, but when he was in Minnesota and supposed to meet with Childress he didn't and chose to go back to Fla. That wasn't a very good move on his part. Now Johnson comes to Minnesota and talks face to face with Childress. Now are we supposed to believe that BJ did that to be friendly? I am sure he did that for a couple reasons, first and foremost because he wants on Childress's good side while this crap is going on with Pepp. He may have just moved himself into the #1 position on the Vikes.
    Or he's just sucking up to the coach.

Why wasn't Johnson meeting with Childress a month ago? Why all of a sudden now, right before free agency & the latest talk that Wilf is not shopping Culpepper? :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12