Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Brad Johnson impressed with Childress and vice versa

[size=18px]After meeting with Childress, Johnson praises Vikings' choice[/size]

Sid Hartman

Brad Childress said he was very impressed in his recent visit with quarterback Brad Johnson, who flew in for the specific purpose of getting to know the new Vikings coach.

"I liked how he [Johnson] talked, how he wanted to play and wanted to be a winner," said Childress, who added he believes the 36-year-old Johnson still has some good football left in him.

Johnson was equally impressed by Childress.

"We used to steal their plays when he was in Philadelphia [and] I was in Tampa," Johnson aid. "We watched all their stuff.

"I really think he's the perfect guy for the team to kind of get in the direction it needs to go in. I think he's the perfect guy for the people of Minnesota that will relate. I really think it was a good hire, whether Zygi [Wilf] lucked into it or whether he got the guy he wanted. I really think he's the right guy."

Johnson is under contract for three more seasons.

There have been rumors that former coach Mike Tice promised Johnson he would get him out of the contract if he had a chance to become a starter elsewhere. But Director of Football Administration Dave Blando, who signed Johnson to his current contract last March, has contended in previous conversations before the present administration came in that he was not informed of any such agreement and that Johnson's agent would have mentioned that if it was true.

Meanwhile, quarterback Daunte Culpepper sent another e-mail in which he said Wilf told him the Vikings had not talked to other teams about trading him; that the reports coming out about him wanting more money were false; and that in a goodwill gesture, he is willing to move his roster bonus around if it would clear more cap space so that the team could sign free agents.

Memo to Daunte: The smartest thing you can do if you want to remain with the Vikings is to get up here, start working with the new coaches and do your rehabilitation here instead of Florida. That will give you a chance to get things straightened out.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Brad Johnson impressed with Childress and vice versa

It's becoming obvious to me who really wants to be starter and has the heart.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

I agree!! Get his a$$ up here if he wants to be starter over johnson!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Come on guys, Brad isn't living in MN, he had to FLY in.

Brad deserves his time off, and so does DC, oh but DC is working out and going to therapy each day. He isn't going to the Golf Course or on vacation with his family. He is rehabbing.

Why so critical?

Do I know what Brad is doing in his spare time.........no.

Do I really know what DC is doing in his spare time(what little he has of it)......no.

All I am saying is if you are going to kick DC ass, then assume away with Brad too about what he may and may not be doing.

They both have been in contact with the team and the coach.

Mini Camps are down the road. When they start, then DC needs to come back to observe and rehab. Atleast give him until then.

I agree with you snow on where DC doesnt have come up here until all the ther players have to come. If I had a serious injury like that I would want to go where I felt the most comfortable. As long as he is rehabing thats all I care about right now.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Do I know what Brad is doing in his spare time.........no.

Do I really know what DC is doing in his spare time(what little he has of it)......no.

All I am saying is if you are going to kick DC jiggly butt, then assume away with Brad too about what he may and may not be doing.

They both have been in contact with the team and the coach.

Mini Camps are down the road. When they start, then DC needs to come back to observe and rehab. Atleast give him until then.
    I agree with you SIA & I've always felt that way.

WTF difference does it make where he's rehabing?

As long as he's following the doctors rehab program & getting into football shape, that's what's important.

Florida is where his home & family are.

Are you saying he should come up here & live out of a hotel just to do the same thing here that he's doing down there? Hogwash!

How many of our other players, past or present spent their offseason in Minnesota rehabbing, that didn't live here?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    I agree with you snow on where DC doesnt have come up here until all the ther players have to come. If I had a serious injury like that I would want to go where I felt the most comfortable. As long as he is rehabing thats all I care about right now.
    Besides, the weather is much finer down here in the south.

It is shorts weather down here. Ever try putting on clothes with an injury.

I am enabling and making crap up, but I am just trying to think outside the lunch pale.

Singer, I think DC has a home up in Minny, atleast I think he would. If he does, I bet it isn't quite the size as the one in Florida.

Got to get this thread back on track.

BRAD JOHNSON!!!

What about that comment about Tice promising to get him out of the contract. Maybe that is why Tice is gone. Brad you got to get that in writing, you knew Tice was on the hot seat.

Where would we be right now if BJ wasn't here. This board would be going NUTS with thread about how we have to sign a FA QB for sure, so we could draft a RB. Think about that, we would definitley be looking for a QB, and we wouldn't have a ton to chose from. Brees and Pennington, I don't think that would be an option, maybe Pennington, he has had time to recover and would probably be ready for training camp but Brees will be a "?".

Brad is truly an asset and TGFBJs.......abilities.

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

cool read...too bad DC's knee aint the real problem...its his decision making skills...i hope hes watching film on the games this year...

peace...
    peace...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast