Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Johnson

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Brad Johnson

B.j is a gamer!!

he comes to the game with the right attitude, and his decisions are stemming from not just experience, but amazingly well coached ability.

he's the qb u wish our other qb's would mold themselves as.

just think of T.j with brads decision making, knowledge, and D/field readibility!!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

I thought the Vikings were going in the right direction the first time he was signed. Brad Johnson is a winner.

Local media here in St. Louis was commenting on how Brad Johnson led Tampa Bay to a Super Bowl and then released him because he was not a flashy player when Gruden wanted glamorous wins. Tampa bay has been having QB problems ever since Johnson left.

There are a lot of Tampa Bay fans that wish he was still the QB but its far too late for them.

MplsViking is offline Starter

Dude BJ is friggin awesome... he's got mad skills and he knows how to call games
    the mans got a knack for winning

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Good to have you with us northern neighbor.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

[img width=112 height=24]http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/18.gif[/img] I agree with Prophet, Brad Johnson fan, but glad you are here. Maybe you'll like the rest of the team...Brad does.
    ;D Skol!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Brad is certainly a good fit to this offense.
    It looks like we are not quite as dip & dunk as we thought we might be.
    Brad threw several deep routes; Troys catch on the opening drive, Mrob TD, and the "drops".

The line is also doing a nice job in pass protection - much, much better than last year.
    You give BJ some time and he will each a defense alive.
    I think once we prove we can run behind the right side of the line, defenses will need to play more balanced on both sides.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

exactly what i was thinking while watching it, i have a good feeling they'll continue to make those 15+ yard passes to t-will / m-rob to try and take a guy out of the box for the run..

should work out really well - just cant get 1-dimensional

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

oakmage is offline Starter

First welcome I hope you will keep on posting here.
    I would like to say that I became a Viking fan because of one player that being the greatest quarterback to ever play FRAN TARKENTON, but as time went by I became a fan of the team.
    So to me it is no big deal that he is a Brad Johnston fan, trust me in time he will bleed purple like the rest of us.

marantzo is offline Rookie

For one last time. I became a Viking fan in 1967, probably before a lot of you were born. Why I followed Johnson to the other teams was because he was who they should have stayed with and the management and coach treated him shamefully. When he got injured it was mentioned many times by those in charge that no one would lose their position due to injury and that he would not lose his starting position. I didn't live in Minneapolis so why would I stay with a team whose management I had no respect for and a coach who was duplicitous. I wanted Johnson to demonstrate that they made a big mistake, and he did. With help from Cunningham and Jeff George. I am not one who believes in blind loyalty. If an organization doesn't deserve my support, they don't get it.

I actually thought that the Vikings should have given Tice another year. To me he did a good job the last half of the season, but it looks like they did make a good decision and who knows who would have been available next year if Tice came up short. Picking up Childress seems like a terrific move at present. I'm extremely impressed with him so far. He has a football mentality, not a showman's mentality. His only concern is how to win, not how to amass stats or showcase some marquie player. And he is making sure that his team shares that mentality. It looks like all the primadonnas are gone and we have a real TEAM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast