Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Johnson

derek is offline Waterboy

Re: Brad Johnson

I love Brad Johnson.

Here's why...

He still has SUCH a passion for the game. This became very obvious to me again while re-watching some the games from last year (i always record each season and watch them over the summer to tide me over till the next season)...to see him get so psyched when he hits a TD pass...I love to see that. It happened again in Monday nights game. This 'kid' just loves to play this game. He's still got that fire.

Consistency...reliabilty...smart decisions. you can't put it any more simply than that. I remember how lucky i felt last year when he came in after Duante went down. Most fans get real nervous when their starting QB goes out of a game and their back-up QB has to come in...but i remember feeling a strange calm feeling when good ol Brad came in. I noticed i was NEVER worried when BJ was at the helm and i always felt that no matter what we'd have a decent chance because i knew at least we could count on him not losing it for us.

Though he (and we) know that he absolutely deserves to be making more money than he currently is...his consistent career reflects that without any doubt...he deserves more. But did he make an issue out of it buy holding out or something like that? No. Did he make an issue out of it by speaking about it in public to the media? Nope. How did he deal with it? By honoring the contract he signed...by getting into camp to learn and gel with the new system and coaches and teamates. By playing the game. He chose to let his field play speak for itself. He WILL play well and in the end he WILL get the pay raise he so obviously deserves. And he will have done it in such a cool classy way that maintains team chemistry, and complete respect.

so yeah...i'm extremely glad that we are fortunate enough to have Brad on our side...i truly feel that with him as our QB we have as good a chance as any team to go all the way.

kick a$$ #14!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Good post man!
    Keep it up!

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

You know what?
    I like Brad Johnson too, I feel very confident with him as the Quarterback and leader of this team.
    I'm glad to have him back and hopefully he can keep playing the rest of the season like he did last night.
    And btw welcome to the site, keep on posting!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

hard not to love the guy

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Vikingryche is offline Rookie

I liked Brad Johnson when he was here, if he hadnt gotten hurt Randall Cunningham would have never been in the picture....
    Brad plays the smartest qb in NFL bar none....
    Hes not the most athletic but slides at just right times and just gets rid of ball quickly, and most importantly doesnt make mistakes...
    Anyways i thought the vikes should have never let him go!!!!!
    ???

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

good point vikingryche, but then again, what would have happened if brad had his whole career here?

1 thing is for sure, we wouldnt have been 15-1, but then again, probably would have had a better chance of winning every other year.

honestly, im glad we lost him back then, because he went on to become an amazing precision passer, a clutch time leader, and a superbowl winner.
    im glad he got his start here, and im glad he's goign to finish here.

but like he said, he loved the entire trip, it made him who he is, and im glad he took it.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'm not so sure we wouldn't have been 15-1 with Johnson at QB that year. And I will go out and say if he was the QB in the title game against Atlanta we may have gone to the SB. I still remeber the meltdown that Cunningham had right before the half when he threw that pick and then proceeded to throw in the towel. IMO Johnson would have won that game.

I also hope that Wilf steps up and pays him this year before we get into a situation where he gets pissed and decides to go somewhere else.

marantzo is offline Rookie

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    good point vikingryche, but then again, what would have happened if brad had his whole career here?

1 thing is for sure, we wouldnt have been 15-1, but then again, probably would have had a better chance of winning every other year.

honestly, im glad we lost him back then, because he went on to become an amazing precision passer, a clutch time leader, and a superbowl winner.
    im glad he got his start here, and im glad he's goign to finish here.

but like he said, he loved the entire trip, it made him who he is, and im glad he took it.
    And why wouldn't he have gone 15-1? Do you remember his record before he got hit? And it's not as if he got his finishing course on the road. He was already an accomplished QB when he wasa here. With loads of experience. Winning in Europe and backing up then winning as a starter here. The Viking management were stupid to let him go. The team was not the same one as I had grown to admire. The owner was a used car salesman, the coach was self satified and incapable of going all the way even when loaded with talent. It was a team that I didn;t have a connection to anymore, Thought I remained a great fan of Robert Smith and Anthony Carter and a number of others that I continued to follow.

Cunningham had all the talent in the world but he was in the twilght of his career and was notorious for screwing up in tight situations. Jeff George? Do I have to go further?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

lol.
    What, have we exhausted the Brad Johnson vs Daunte Culpepper arguements to the point that we need to start debating who was the better QB eight years ago? ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    hard not to love guys

Keep that stuff to yourself please!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast