Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Johnson

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Brad Johson

"Jeremy" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I personally think he was a little overhyped too..

And I wish we had a different QB..

But what can ya do??
    Hope that they pick up a guy that can develop into competent QB in the draft. A team may let go of a QB when they get to the salary cap date, so FA is a possibility. They could trade for one too.
    I agree

Im hoping we trade up and get one of the big 3

"Jeremy" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I personally think he was a little overhyped too..

And I wish we had a different QB..

But what can ya do??
    Hope that they pick up a guy that can develop into competent QB in the draft. A team may let go of a QB when they get to the salary cap date, so FA is a possibility. They could trade for one too.
    Like I said...controversy. But that's what makes these types of forums fun. Everybody has a right to their opinion. Just some people here forget that and like to bash other people! Pr!cks, you know who you are.......
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

I honestly feel we should have a different QB. I really am not happy with Brad starting. But then again I am not sure who we could have taken though in his place, there is not a whole lot out there.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Can you please go and "Edit" the title of the thread please? I do not mind people not spelling good (and everybody knows that). But, the title of a thread is a different story.

I could edit it, but I am not.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Remember.. This season we added Steve Hutchinson - and we have Matt Birk back - that should give Brad Johnson some more time in the pocket and also it should bring him a running-game.. that hopefully he can rely on..

We also have added a new offensive system that he have won a Superbowl in.. and we also have added a defensive system - he had when he won the superbowl..

In the new system Brad Johnson would fit much better as it rely's more on small passes.. he dosnt need to throw the deep ball.. so he's arm wont be a factor.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Re: Brad Johnson

I am tired of people ragging on BJ. Bottom line is if coach Childress didn't think he could get it done he would get rid of him for someone else. I trust Childress to know what he needs to make his offense work. BJ pulled out a winning season for us last year in spite of a losing coaching staff and and a crappy O line. Get off the guys back. He hasn't done anything but win games for us. :wink:

WWBGD

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

BJ makes good decisions, good accuracy & is a great leader. Sure he may be old (38 is old??), but I agree with RK....he gets the job done

Jeremy is offline Starter

"skum" wrote:
    Remember.. This season we added Steve Hutchinson - and we have Matt Birk back - that should give Brad Johnson some more time in the pocket and also it should bring him a running-game.. that hopefully he can rely on..
    If the line played the way they did when Johnson started all year we would have had 37 sacks allowed on the season. Which would rank 17th in the NFL just in front of Atlanta. The blocking was average when he started last year not terrible. It was terrible the first 6 games of the season. They were on pace to give up 77 sacks at that point. Which would rank 3rd all time for sacks allowed.

"skum" wrote:
    We also have added a new offensive system that he have won a Superbowl in.. and we also have added a defensive system - he had when he won the superbowl..
    An offensive system in which he was benced in favor of Brian Griese. He hasn't been a very good QB for quite some time now.

Same defensive system that was in Tampa, but completely different players on defense. So we'll see a much different result. Tampa's defense was loaded with stars. Sapp, McFarland, Rice, Kelly, Barber, Lynch, Brooks and Super Bowl MVP Dexter Jackson. Even Dwight Smith the nickel corner was a stud that year.

Call me crazy, but I don't think we'll be nearly as good. At least not at first.
    "skum" wrote:
    In the new system Brad Johnson would fit much better as it rely's more on small passes.. he dosnt need to throw the deep ball.. so he's arm wont be a factor.
    He only threw 28 passes last year for more than 20 yards. They shortened up the pasing game last year when he took over.

Jeremy is offline Starter

"RK." wrote:
    Bottom line is if coach Childress didn't think he could get it done he would get rid of him for someone else. I trust Childress to know what he needs to make his offense work.
    Oh, they've been trying.(Schaub) There is the draft still. Don't be suprised if he's riding the pine in favor of some rookie before the season is over.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Brad Johnson is the best QB the Vikings have to win the Super Bowl. Some guys aren't spectacular, but they get the job done. We've had spectacular and NOBODY ever got the job done (I'm talking about the ring). I like our chances with BJ running the show this year!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast