Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Brad Johnson

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Brad Johnson

I didn't read through the 18 pages of this , but has anyone else heard about how Childress told Johnson he had to run the plays that Childress called....I mean Childress told Johnson if he didn't like the way the play was looking agaisnt their defense he was NOT alllowed to call an audible I mean at all??

Kinda tuff to make something happen when you can't adjust. Doesn't really matter as its water under the bridge now, but none the less food for thought!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"whiteviking24" wrote:
    I didn't read through the 18 pages of this , but has anyone else heard about how Childress told Johnson he had to run the plays that Childress called....I mean Childress told Johnson if he didn't like the way the play was looking agaisnt their defense he was NOT alllowed to call an audible I mean at all??

Kinda tuff to make something happen when you can't adjust. Doesn't really matter as its water under the bridge now, but none the less food for thought!
    Where did you hear that?

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

Apperantly my buddy was listing to Kfan or something and told me .... If anyone has taped games from the season watch them and tell me if you see him call an audible in any of the last 8 games...that he played in anyway

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Are you sure about that?
    He would be the first coach in NFL history to do that.

Stonecoldet3 is offline Starter

I read that somewhere too, it was a small blurb in an article about the Brad Childress putting severe limitations in audibles that Brad Johnson can call if any.
    Can not really remember where I read it.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Are you sure its not for a few plays?

It couldn't be for an entire game?
    Could it?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Stonecoldet3" wrote:
    I read that somewhere too, it was a small blurb in an article about the Brad Childress putting severe limitations in audibles that Brad Johnson can call if any.
    It was in more than one article I posted.

As I recall, it happenned in the latter half of the season, after Brad had thrown those 3 picks.

Childress then limited his ability to call audibles, making him less dimensional.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Stonecoldet3" wrote:

As I recall, it happenned in the latter half of the season, after Brad had thrown those 3 picks.

Childress then limited his ability to call audibles, making him less dimensional.
    I remember you posting them Singer.
    Yes it is difficult to make things happen when you can't control an offense you are supposed to be controlling.
    I'm not criticizing Childress here but IMO he was part of the reason why BJ's career has basically ended.
    Maybe that is a criticism but it's my belief.

marantzo is offline Rookie

The major problem that Childress has exhibited and it is a major problem, is that he is a rookie head coach and is not interested in learning on the job. His schemes seem to be set in stone as if he were a veteran coach who had an impressive records of wins. He isn't, but he seems to think so. Johnson is a veteran and he's seen many coaches. Because he has one very bad game, and then throw out your confidence in his judgement by severely restricting him is a bone head decision.

Guruzen is offline Starter

"singersp" wrote:
    "Stonecoldet3" wrote:

I've never read the article about that but I've seen it mentioned here many times (so it must be true!). Why would a coach do that with a veteran QB? I can understand keeping a rookie on a short leash but if BJ could see an opportunity at the line why wouldn't Childress let him call the audible?

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819