Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 190

Thread: Brad Johnson

  1. #101
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Brad Johnson

    Oh but don't you know according to Jeremy stats are everything. QBs don't manage games...a good running game does. These are quotes of Jeremy.

  2. #102
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Jeremy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    289

    Re: Brad Johnson

    "ejmat" wrote:
    Oh but don't you know according to Jeremy stats are everything. QBs don't manage games...a good running game does. These are quotes of Jeremy.
    Never wrote that. Clock management and game management are two different things. This just proves that you are either illiterate or can't comprehend.

  3. #103
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Brad Johnson

    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Oh but don't you know according to Jeremy stats are everything. QBs don't manage games...a good running game does. These are quotes of Jeremy.
    Never wrote that. Clock management and game management are two different things. This just proves that you are either illiterate or can't comprehend.
    I think I speak for everyone when I say, "Chill the fuck out!" Agree to disagree on this one and move on.

  4. #104
    danimal292's Avatar
    danimal292 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    99

    Re: Brad Johnson

    he has won a superbowl... enough said!

  5. #105
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Brad Johnson

    "Prophet" wrote:
    I just read this thread for the first time. Here are my thoughts regarding the topic:

    God damn it Prophet. I laughed so hard I actually had Mt Dew come out my nose (in case anybody is curious, it burns). Now I have to clean off my keyboard too...

    :sign5:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #106
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Brad Johnson

    "Jeremy" wrote:
    I back my opinions with facts. Stats are facts and they are used to analyze teams/players in every single professional sport, from tennis to water polo to baseball to football. They are used to find strengths and weaknesses of teams or players. Stats win games. The most simple basic stats are PF and PA. If PF is greater than PA, you win the game. If you understand statistics a little better you can come to some conclusions of your own. You might even be able to provide some actual factual data to back your opinions other than just, having your opinion.
    First, statistics are not facts. Statistics are taking quantitative data (in this case numbers from previous games for a player/team) and using them to estimate a population (in this case the future success of a player/team). Like you and others have mentioned, there are many intangibles that are not included in statistics so they are one mechanism for analysis, but are flawed. Better then nothing, but don't even try to say statistics are facts. I will personally send you $1,000 if you can find one reputable mathematician that will say statistics are facts.

    You have a gripe about BJ not being 'the man'. I commend you for trying to support your theories with statistics, that's more then many do on the site. However, the actual numbers are facts, but when you speculate about the future using these numbers it is pure speculation. Speculation has error. The best science in the world is not fact, just supported by statistics.

    If you think you are enlightening anybody about the Vikings' QB situation, well, you are not. There is not a fan in the NFL that thinks Brad Johnson is the long-term solution to the Vikings' QB situation. Brad Johnson is a veteran and he has proven that he can manage a game and not make numerous bone-headed decisions when the pressure is on. He is also an asset to the team because he is a veteran presence that can help others on the team and help train whomever the new long-term QB will be for the Vikings.

    We all know that you don't think Brad Johnson is a hero. Your point was made about seven pages ago. If you think your careless use of statistics is going to sway anybody's opinion you should do a statistical analysis of your posts and the responses to your posts and rethink your approach to the argument.

  7. #107
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Brad Johnson

    Jeremy just wasted a whole lot of time.

    He could have just said "I don't like Brad Johnson" Instead he felt he needed to create a thread dedicated to stating what he has made very clear in ALL of his posts:

    A) He doesn't like Brad Johnson
    B) When asked about his contradictions in logic he does not respond
    C) He does not hesitate to flame other members who question his "facts"
    D) His "facts" are not facts but rather SELECTIVE statistics taken from a small sampling and applied to an opinion.

    Basically you can let it rest now because I know for a fact that if Brad Johnson lead our team to a Superbowl this year you would be the last person to eat crow, you would backpeddle and sidestep every logical response thrown your way.

    I plan on skipping on by your posts for the rest of the season. I pray to god I don't have to endure a game by game break down of why Brad Johnson doesn't make your jeans rise in the morning; because they are riddled with fallacy and half truths.

    Go back to flipping over your topps football cards to gather your latest stats ammunition.

    I've witnessed some members bantering with this "troll" all I can say is do it as long as it is fun, because it will not lead to anything productive. This is the same type of poster that Caine can write a 2 page logical well delivered response to and it gets completely ignored.

  8. #108
    Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    525

    Re: Brad Johnson

    Jeremy= OWNED

    I guess you just got your "stats" put where the sun don't shine..

  9. #109
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Brad Johnson

    ...so how 'bout that draft? lol.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  10. #110
    Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    525

    Re: Brad Johnson

    PLus let's remember those "facts" or stats if you will, were in a DIFFERENT offensive system then what we are using this year. BJ may be a huge buff in the new system or he could completely fail. Who knows? It's like saying a person who failed out of Harvard is going to fail out of the local community college (not to dis anyone). A different system can produce different results. It's a waiting game.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brad Johnson needs a little help
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 01:15 PM
  2. Brad Johnson sig
    By UndisputedVike in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 12:30 PM
  3. THE "BRAD JOHNSON" G!!!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 05:39 AM
  4. "Who are you...and what did you do with Brad Johnson?"
    By Caine in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-20-2005, 02:50 AM
  5. brad johnson is the man!!! wow!
    By zimtwister in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 10:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •