Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Johnson

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Brad Johnson

"gregair13" wrote:
    "wyorob" wrote:
    Bring in Joey from Detroit, I think we can make him into a good if not great QB
    i hope you are being sarcastic because otherwise that might be the dumbest thing i have EVER heard.
    I'm sure he is being sarcastic, but think about this. What Qb has been good in Detroit? That system has always had problems. Would Daunte have done any better there? I will argue no. Duante is a product of the TEam if not Moss alone. Joey with Moss and the teams Daunte has played on may make him a totally different guy?

Or am I just high?

"Prophet" wrote:
    "wyorob" wrote:
    I sure hope you are either joking or have a drug problem. Like I said before, I have my cyanide pill ready if Joey Harrington, Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, and I'll add Vince Young get signed to the squad. No, I'm not investing time in this argument, no need, if they sign I'll be dead. lol.
    I am glad to see someone else out there doesn't want Vince Young.

"Calmwind" wrote:
    Joey Harrington??? I dont flame much but that made me choke, and spit Sprite through my nose! Are you a Vikings fan that watches our games against the Lions? Joey Harrinton is plain scared! I would be even more pissed than I was when we got Jeff George.
    Didn't Jeff win the Vikes alot of games though?

freaky is offline Starter

our quarterback situation is now a joke. our hand was forced with daunte for sure, but regardless we've lost one of the most dynamic qb's in the league. brad was great for what he was last year, but he's hardly someone to build a new regime upon. what's left in terms of quality starters now anyway? even our backup situation is looking woeful. i'm just wondering if anyone else is concerned with our direction here?

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    hopefully he'll have competition with omar jacobs
    I would like us to draft Omar and then let him watch on the sidelines for a year like all the great up and coming qb's have and then come in and perform spectaculalry

Thank you Josdin for the sig

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

"wyorob" wrote:
    :duh:

You know you can still run your post count up and post intellegent responses.

freaky is offline Starter

i second that!! that's one step away from a ryan leaf mention..

Jarlvik2006 is offline Rookie

Let's not be too hasty to dis Brad. The new game in Minny this year will be "Ball Control Offense". I loved what Daunte brought to the table...when his head was on straight and his body could deliver. Let's face the facts, he isn't the brightest bulb in the fixture. Daunte was as pure of a physical talent as we may ever see but he had a very hard time with reading defenses (unless it was preseason) if we didn't have a top-flight (see Linehan) OC and a #2 that was a calming influence (see Frerotte), oh and #3 didn't have Moss scaring the pooh out the opposing team's defense. Add missing Birk to that as well. I'm afraid that one of the reasons he wanted out was because he knew he couldn't grasp the new offense quick enough. I noticed early on that Brad was never "in Daunte's ear" last year. He was never talking to him on the sidelines and I think Pepp felt alone. BJ had his own agenda (it is a business after all) and wanted to start. Give BJ a SOLID O-line and some weapons (which it appears we might have) and let's see what he can do. Even though he's 38, he rode the pine for like 4 years here before he got in the game. That makes him only like 34 in "QB years". Not to mention his benching in TB. He's like a low mileage older car, still has value in the right situation. I really do believe he could get us into the playoffs and beyond with a little protection. I think that's what Childress and th boys are thinking too. I could see us drafting someone this year to learn from him and get on the field in the next year or so, and hopefully perform well in a back-up roll this year if neccessary. I'm behind BJ all the way if he can stay healthy this year.
    I m Watching You- You may not see me, you may not hear me, but I m watching you...

sodaknick is offline Starter

"Jarlvik2006" wrote:
    Let's not be too hasty to dis Brad. The new game in Minny this year will be "Ball Control Offense". I loved what Daunte brought to the table...when his head was on straight and his body could deliver. Let's face the facts, he isn't the brightest bulb in the fixture. Daunte was as pure of a physical talent as we may ever see but he had a very hard time with reading defenses (unless it was preseason) if we didn't have a top-flight (see Linehan) OC and a #2 that was a calming influence (see Frerotte), oh and #3 didn't have Moss scaring the pooh out the opposing team's defense. Add missing Birk to that as well. I'm afraid that one of the reasons he wanted out was because he knew he couldn't grasp the new offense quick enough. I noticed early on that Brad was never "in Daunte's ear" last year. He was never talking to him on the sidelines and I think Pepp felt alone. BJ had his own agenda (it is a business after all) and wanted to start. Give BJ a SOLID O-line and some weapons (which it appears we might have) and let's see what he can do. Even though he's 38, he rode the pine for like 4 years here before he got in the game. That makes him only like 34 in "QB years". Not to mention his benching in TB. He's like a low mileage older car, still has value in the right situation. I really do believe he could get us into the playoffs and beyond with a little protection. I think that's what Childress and th boys are thinking too. I could see us drafting someone this year to learn from him and get on the field in the next year or so, and hopefully perform well in a back-up roll this year if neccessary. I'm behind BJ all the way if he can stay healthy this year.
    This is a looong post to quote, but I agree totally. And so does my perfectly running, low mileage 79 chevy panel van :grin:

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

I think that Brad Johnson may be a good option for this year but not for the future. The fact is that we need to bring someone in that can take over in a year or two when Brad is done. Either we need to address this in the draft with one of the two good franchise QB's (Leinert or Cutler) or by bringing in a QB from another team. (AKA Matt Shaub) Brad is a solid QB but he will not be around forever. I say that we trade away the 2nd round pick that we just got from the Dolphins to the Falcons and have Matt Shaub compete with Brad Johnson for the starting job. But with our luck we will probably pick up some tool like Aaron Brooks to give the ball away more than Daunte did.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast