Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    antoniopierce58 is offline Training Camp

Brad Doesnt Deserve to play in the nfl

He was kicked out of Tampa Bay in favor of Brian Griese and 3rd year man chris simmons.

He is a complete joke as a qb and no defenses fear his arm. He has accounted for 13 turnovers this year despite the fact that he rarely takes shots downfield.

He is a pathetic excuse for a nfl player, and definitely the most pathetic qb in the nfl right now.
    Every qb in the league is more valuable than Brad Johnson and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that.

If we lose the next two games, his behind should definitely be on the bench, waiting to get the pink slip for next year.

He has no strength in his body to play nfl football anymore and I beleieve even the referees have more athleticism than he does.

HE is an embarrassment to be an nfl
    quarterback.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Brad Doesnt Deserve to play in the nfl

Brad is certainly a weak starter, but I'm not sure he desrves quite THIS much criticism. We are all disappointed in him after these 3 losses, and he should be replaced; but, his problems are at least partly due to bad receivers, and weaker than expected protection. He is NOT a savior type QB that can overcome with his noodle arm. I would be looking to have Brooks start this week over Brad, but its because Brad can't overcome our O problems. He WOULD have been OK, if the other problems didn't exist.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

It was Chris Simms.

His turnovers are usually on his shots downfield, the reason behind why he doesn't usually take the shots.

Every QB...
    : You would take 4th stringers over this guy? This is so irrational.

His butt probably will be on the bench if he SINGLE HANDEDLY loses us the next two games. If he plays well and the rest of the team loses it, he deserves to keep his job.

I want to see you get out there and do what he does on a weekly basis. Come back next week when you have three broken bones, no teeth left, and a new found respect for brad johnson. Not to mention the verbal beatdown he gets from idiots like you every day.

You are an embarrassment to this site right now. Re-think what you're saying before you start saying it.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, now that that's out of my system....

Actually, Charlie Frye has more interceptions than Brad. He's got 3 more, so is it possible that HE'S the most inept quarterback in the NFL?

Johnson was let go in favor of whoever, but who won the Super Bowl? Yeah...that was Brad.

Say what you will about Johnson, but he gives us the best chance to win right now.

I know you're new, but
    if you're going to start a new thread over this you should really come up with better arguments to backup your statements.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey33" wrote:

Actually, Charlie Frye has more interceptions than Brad. He's got 3 more, so is it possible that HE'S the most inept quarterback in the NFL?

Johnson was let go in favor of whoever, but who won the Super Bowl? Yeah...that was Brad.

Say what you will about Johnson, but he gives us the best chance to win right now.

I know you're new, but
    if you're going to start a new thread over this you should really come up with better arguments to backup your statements.

I second that scream of frustration.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Dang, the truth hurts.

But i would never go that far into how bad he is. This is a guy who won a superbowl, he got there as there QB(Team Leader). He must have did something right. He had his days but he's definitly slowing down quick. Alot like Greg Bekiert did. I don't think our team is going anywhere with him at helm. The worst thing about it is we need to go on a big time winning streak and unless his arm comes out of nowhere, we're doomed for the season. Then again if we play him this upcoming game which is expected we might as well ride it out with brad till next season.

Giving the rookie a full year of preporation.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey33" wrote:

I know you're new, but
    Are you sure about that?

We all heard that Brad gave us the best chance to win early this season. I don't think so, any more. Time to change horses.

douginc is offline Starter

I feel the frustration as well, trust me.
    Things around my house get thrown during each Sunday's game due to poor offense.
    But I agreed with what the Star Tribune said about a week back.
    Many people who are calling for Brad Johnson to be dumped on the sidelines are really asking for a change in offensive output, and they believe just changing the QB will solve everything.
    Most logical people know it won't.

Any time a team is really bad or really good, it's always for a multitude of reasons.
    Indianapolis isn't really good JUST because of Peyton Manning; it's also his receiving corps, terrific O-line, and great play calling.
    The opposite is true for our passing game struggles; bad O-line play combined with a set of receivers that our QB undoubtedly has concerns on whether or not they'll catch what he throws.

I agree, there have been times where Brad has seemed lost (last game I saw a few times where he locked onto a receiver, his first route choice, and threw the ball into tight coverage without even checking other routes) but honestly, I believe there will be a resurgence of his ability this year.
    Perhaps the coaches need more time to find better route types for the receivers, such as possibly more short slants for Troy Williamson, or even plugging in fresh receivers like Bethel or new guy on the block Jason Carter.
    Brad Johnson has been in the league too long, and has too good of numbers, to not know what he is doing.

Plus, I love Tarvaris, so it isn't "QB bias" for my opinion.
    I made a checklist of the players I'd love to see the Vikings draft before the draft started.
    The only QB on my list, yep, Tarvaris.
    I checked the footage on every QB in the draft, and he stood out for the huge reason of poise in the pocket plus his ability to not stare at the receivers, but instead read the safety coverage.
    That's impressive for a kid straight out of college.
    But undoubtedly, I would rather see him on the sidelines.
    Why?
    Ask San Diego about Phillip Rivers.
    He sat for two straight years behind Drew Brees, and now he's a rather impressive starting QB.
    He even said that he greatly benefited from not being thrown to the wolves for two years, and instead could start when he felt prepared.

Dang, Douginc, did you REALLY have T-Jack pegged before the draft? That is impressive. It was a complete surprize to me. I nominate you for the scouting department. What did you think about Ryan Cook?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast