Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Brad Childress on Vikings: 'I didn't do everything

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081263
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1081248
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081247
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1081244
    It's killing me that the link doesn't work.
    Just tested it (again) and it still works.
    I really expected my opinion to change on Childress a little bit with the way you set this one up, Marr, but it really hasn't. I think he's as bad as ever, especially knowing now that Spielman handles the draft.
    Set what up?

Besides, I've been telling you guys about the whole draft process for years and no one wanted to listen to me.

Ricky boy, and the scouts that worked for him found the players, the Chiller just approved/disapproved which ones fit the scheme.

Those were then ranked and Spielman drafted who was available according to his little chart.

Again, everyone seems to think I'm some sort of Chiller defender on here when in fact I have alot of things I don't/didn't like about him.

My only beef about the firing has to do with the fact that I don't like change just for change sake. I am 100% convinced the teams that are consistently good are that way cause they have consistency at the top (FO and HC).
    So Marrdro what has Chilly done right? I am dying to know what you think he does. You seem to have an excuse that Chilly does not do that for a lot of things. Example: Motivation and rallying the troops.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Even after the ugly 31-3 loss to Green Bay on Nov. 21 that cemented Childress' fate, Childress said, he still thought he might have the chance to coach his way back to a respectable record.
    Really?? damn there's confidence, stupidity or just plain denial.. which one applies to you Brad?

"It goes back to what Bud Grant told me, the head coach needs to be in control of the 53 guys who play for him," Childress said.
    Well thats something that never will be levelled at Childress, especially after the last two preseasons and the absence of players.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081263
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081247
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1081244
    It's killing me that the link doesn't work.
    Just tested it (again) and it still works.
    I really expected my opinion to change on Childress a little bit with the way you set this one up, Marr, but it really hasn't. I think he's as bad as ever, especially knowing now that Spielman handles the draft.
    Set what up?

Besides, I've been telling you guys about the whole draft process for years and no one wanted to listen to me.

Ricky boy, and the scouts that worked for him found the players, the Chiller just approved/disapproved which ones fit the scheme.

Those were then ranked and Spielman drafted who was available according to his little chart.

Again, everyone seems to think I'm some sort of Chiller defender on here when in fact I have alot of things I don't/didn't like about him.

My only beef about the firing has to do with the fact that I don't like change just for change sake. I am 100% convinced the teams that are consistently good are that way cause they have consistency at the top (FO and HC).
    I meant "set up" with your Moss comment, it seemed like that was going to be a significant part of the article or it was going to be something revealing. I probably extrapolated too much from just what you wrote.

And as far as the Spielman thing goes, I know you've been saying that forever. I just like seeing solid proof of it.

Do you really think this was change for changes sake though? The guy really wore out his welcome with the front office, the players, the fans, and the media. I think it was a change to prevent bigger change, i.e. not getting a stadium and moving to Los Angeles.

I don't think you're a Chilly supporter. I don't think you support any players or coaches in particular. And I wasn't trying to paint you as one, it was just part of the post - most of it wasn't really directed at anyone. I tend to use "you" a lot in reference to any observer, not necessarily who I'm quoting. It's something I should work on, especially since I referred to you(Marrdro) as "you" a couple of times.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"I felt I coached my way." Childress.

You sure did Brad.

I wanted to have some empathy for him, after all, the entire franchise had a role in this subpar season.

But for some reason this article and the Childress responses had the opposite effect on me.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Well, that article didn't do anything to help Chiller's image in my mind. He claims that players "reached out" to him...but isn't that sort of expected? People want to call and make sure he knows that THEY didn't get him fired. That's not really indication of his coaching worth, or of him "having the locker room".

Further, he hedged on everything. Chiller really doesn't accept the blame for anything that happened in that article, and instead tries to spin it to being Moss or the fan's fault...it isn't.

I'm glad he's no longer affiliated with our franchise.

Caine

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

He's still an arrogant twit and shows it clearly in his responses.

His veracity probably equals the amount of hair on his head.

Hail and farewell, Coach Dumb-ass.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

I'd rather have you, Marstc, and C Mac D on the sideline with Z in the booth and Cajun and Gregair hiding in the cheerleaders' locker room than have Brad Childress anywhere near the Minnesota Vikings.
    Am I broadcasting the game or coaching?

I promise you, I'd never get a challenge wrong.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1081284
    I'd rather have you, Marstc, and C Mac D on the sideline with Z in the booth and Cajun and Gregair hiding in the cheerleaders' locker room than have Brad Childress anywhere near the Minnesota Vikings.

=Z=
    You'd be coaching. I don't think you could call the game without bias.

Not that Aikman does such a great job of it.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1081294

Ask anyone who's ever sat next to me - I love my team, but I make fair calls.

However, as the Vikings play-by-play caller, I don't have to not show bias.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1081298
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1081294

Ask anyone who's ever sat next to me - I love my team, but I make fair calls.

However, as the Vikings play-by-play caller, I don't have to not show bias.

=Z=
    Dude you'd make an awesome coach. The cheerleaders might come out flat but the team never would.
    You'd have them fired up like a redneck pig roasting pit.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast