Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Brad Childress on Vikings: 'I didn't do everything

Brad Childress on Vikings: 'I didn't do everything perfectly, but I felt I coached my way'

Not sure. Does this still go into the Vikings Forumn or General discussion forumn? LOL.

Regardless. Some interesting tidbits, especially that the Noodle called the Chiller and that the players wanted PatsRandy gone.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Brad Childress on Vikings: 'I didn't do everything

It's killing me that the link doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1081244
    Just tested it (again) and it still works.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081247
    Weird. It's not working for me here or on PFT.

I'll try going straight to the Pioneer Press site.

Edit: Found it.

"Some players came up to me afterward and said, 'Coach, we would have been disappointed if you didn't do something,' " Childress said.
    I don't know if you can really take that as "wanted him gone." There's a whole series of disciplinary action you can take before cutting a guy.

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman primarily handles the draft and oversees personnel matters.
    :lol:
    So he was even more worthless than we thought.

I really expected my opinion to change on Childress a little bit with the way you set this one up, Marr, but it really hasn't. I think he's as bad as ever, especially knowing now that Spielman handles the draft.

I think we're a much better team and organization without Childress. I think it's really funny that he says "I didn't do everything perfectly." Please, Brad, enlighten us to what you did do perfectly. Actually let us know what you did greatly or what you even did well.

All the people who were against his firing have two things to hang on to: the 2 division titles. I don't think you can accurately evaluate a coach on a yearly basis when he has the talent that we have to work with. If you look at what the guy on a week to week basis, there might not have been a coach worse than him in the NFL over the past 5 years.

My roommate told me a stat that will forever stick with me, and has fixed my memory of Childress into an intractable state.
    Since Brad Childress was hired in 2006, no team in the National Football League has run more plays for zero or negative yards than the Minnesota Vikings.
    (No primary source)
    I'd rather have you, Marstc, and C Mac D on the sideline with Z in the booth and Cajun and Gregair hiding in the cheerleaders' locker room than have Brad Childress anywhere near the Minnesota Vikings.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Wow! Great read, Marrdro! Nice to see Childress open up a bit.

Childress contends he had many supporters in the locker room, citing the players who reached out to him after his firing.

Childress said he's heard from Steve Hutchinson, Brett Favre, Jared Allen, Chad Greenway, Hank Baskett, Greg Lewis, Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin among others since the firing. Harvin and Childress had a heated confrontation in a practice before the Arizona Cardinals game on Nov. 7, but Childress said their relationship issues were "overblown."
    Moss and Childress definitely didn't get along.
    Regarding Moss, Childress heard late in the process that Moss was lobbying to owner Zygi Wilf for Childress to be fired, but he was already set on waiving him.
    I posted the two most interesting quotes just for you, Mr Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1081248
    Weird. It's not working for me here or on PFT.

I'll try going straight to the Pioneer Press site.
    I got to it off the PFT site. Still hasn't popped on the "Speedier Sportspyder"....

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1081250
    Wow! Great read, Marrdro! Nice to see Childress open up a bit.

Childress contends he had many supporters in the locker room, citing the players who reached out to him after his firing.

Childress said he's heard from Steve Hutchinson, Brett Favre, Jared Allen, Chad Greenway, Hank Baskett, Greg Lewis, Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin among others since the firing. Harvin and Childress had a heated confrontation in a practice before the Arizona Cardinals game on Nov. 7, but Childress said their relationship issues were "overblown."
    Moss and Childress definitely didn't get along.
    Regarding Moss, Childress heard late in the process that Moss was lobbying to owner Zygi Wilf for Childress to be fired, but he was already set on waiving him.
    I think that the truth, and not the spin that the mouse (ESPN) put on things will be very enlightening.

Probably won't see much until after the season though.

[Deleted]
    Oops - see my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1081248
    I really expected my opinion to change on Childress a little bit with the way you set this one up, Marr, but it really hasn't. I think he's as bad as ever, especially knowing now that Spielman handles the draft.
    Set what up?

Besides, I've been telling you guys about the whole draft process for years and no one wanted to listen to me.

Ricky boy, and the scouts that worked for him found the players, the Chiller just approved/disapproved which ones fit the scheme.

Those were then ranked and Spielman drafted who was available according to his little chart.

Again, everyone seems to think I'm some sort of Chiller defender on here when in fact I have alot of things I don't/didn't like about him.

My only beef about the firing has to do with the fact that I don't like change just for change sake. I am 100% convinced the teams that are consistently good are that way cause they have consistency at the top (FO and HC).

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Interesting. So Chilly cans Moss before Zygi can be enlighten by Moss on the truth of Chilly. No wonder why Chilly never informed Zygi. Zygi talks to other veteren players after the fact. Chilly still gets canned. Mission accomplished Moss. Thank you. You will be missed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast