Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Brad Childress Press Release - Sunday 08/19/07

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    ,,,Unlike many here, I simply cannot get on the Brad Childress Love Train...
    Caine, get off the Eeyore train.
    I can't think of anyone, with the possible exception of Marr
    , that is on the Brad Childress love chain.
    There is one true hater (ccthebest) and the majority of fans are just calling people out when they are ripping on the head coach after one season.
    Like has been discussed to death on these boards there are plenty of first year HCs that ended up being successful that floundered their first couple seasons as there are also some that have immediate success...the minority.
    It is completely illogical to call Childress a flop after one season and it is completely illogical to call him a success after a season.
    Personally, I like what I see in the direction the team is heading and I am a supporter and giving him time to either show he is a good HC or a flop.
    Most recently, I endured plenty of seasons watching Meathead coach like, well, a meat head.
    I can give the new coach and his staff time to develop the team.
    Nestled within these conversations are the 'we need all deep passes' crowd that is a crowd that is as nauseating as picturing Joe Buck making love to his goat.
    You've actually pictured that???

No wonder you stay drunk all the time!
    No, but you just did!
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    There is one true hater (ccthebest) and the majority of fans are just calling people out when they are ripping on the head coach after one season.
    Like has been discussed to death on these boards there are plenty of first year HCs that ended up being successful that floundered their first couple seasons as there are also some that have immediate success...the minority.
    It is completely illogical to call Childress a flop after one season and it is completely illogical to call him a success after a season.
    Personally, I like what I see in the direction the team is heading and I am a supporter and giving him time to either show he is a good HC or a flop.
    Most recently, I endured plenty of seasons watching Meathead coach like, well, a meat head.
    Nestled within these conversations are the 'we need all deep passes' crowd that is a crowd that is as nauseating as picturing Joe Buck making love to his goat.

No, but you just did!
    Yeah...and now I'm gonna sue you for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress!!!
    :P
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Big C is offline Coordinator

I think TJ will be fine. I'm more interested in seeing our WRs. So far Troy has had 3 catches, Wade has had 3 (or 4), Rice has had 3 or so and I don't think Allison has caught any. Hell Shiancoe has only caught 1 ball so far!

I just want to see our recievers get some balls to catch.

As far as Childress goes, I'm giving him another year (2008 season) before passing judgement. He cleaned house last year and we haven't had any off-field incidents. Thats was our biggest problem before Chilli. I am very impressed with his two drafts (this one more than the previous). His hiring decisions on coaches have been good. He seems to have learnt a LOT from last year and has shown change (especially with the media). The only problem I had with him last year was his play calling. The fact that he's letting Bevell call some plays is at least signs of (reluctant) change. So I think he's doing fine.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Big" wrote:
    I think TJ will be fine. I'm more interested in seeing our WRs. So far Troy has had 3 catches, Wade has had 3 (or 4), Rice has had 3 or so and I don't think Allison has caught any. Hell Shiancoe has only caught 1 ball so far!

As far as Childress goes, I'm giving him another year (2008 season) before passing judgement. He cleaned house last year and we haven't had any off-field incidents. Thats was our biggest problem before Chilli. I am very impressed with his two drafts (this one more than the previous). His hiring decisions on coaches have been good. He seems to have learnt a LOT from last year and has shown change (especially with the media). The only problem I had with him last year was his play calling. The fact that he's letting Bevell call some plays is at least signs of (reluctant) change. So I think he's doing fine.
    I would argue that are biggest problem was not winning enough football games.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:

I would argue that are biggest problem was not winning enough football games.
    I would argue that our biggest problem was not so much that we didn't win enough games, but that we lost too many.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Umm, it's preseason and none of us have seen what our offense is or isn't capable of. Our RB's are already getting notoriety and it showed how our WR's, with what little action they had, could catch the ball in the middle of the field 3 yds up and have enough room to gain about 4 or 5 more. (the same gameplan as last year, only it's starting to work...) Seems a lot of people here correlate being unbiased as being pessimistic. Such is not the case. We're not going to be the NFC incarnation of Indy or San Diego, but we will be leaps and bounds better than last year. Maybe it's me, but there seems to be a bit of a moxy on this team, especially defense, but offense seems to stride out there confident, knowing quietly that we're better than we're given credit for.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Braddock" wrote:
    Umm, it's preseason and none of us have seen what our offense is or isn't capable of. Our RB's are already getting notoriety and it showed how our WR's, with what little action they had, could catch the ball in the middle of the field 3 yds up and have enough room to gain about 4 or 5 more. (the same gameplan as last year, only it's starting to work...) Seems a lot of people here correlate being unbiased as being pessimistic. Such is not the case. We're not going to be the NFC incarnation of Indy or San Diego, but we will be leaps and bounds better than last year. Maybe it's me, but there seems to be a bit of a moxy on this team, especially defense, but offense seems to stride out there confident, knowing quietly that we're better than we're given credit for.
    Good post!

Gold star awarded!

ESPN had two of our plays in the top ten of the NFL this weekend, AP's run and I think the Sharper INT (maybe the Greenway INT).

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    Good post!

Gold star awarded!

ESPN had two of our plays in the top ten of the NFL this weekend, AP's run and I think the Sharper INT (maybe the Greenway INT).
    I hope it was the Greenway INT...
    Sharper did nothing but stand there and let the ball hit him in the numbers...that and lay a mad juke on the wily Chad Pennington.

I liked Greenway's though...The kid appears to have his head in the game and seems to have that drive to make big plays.
    He runs around like a mad man out there.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

No, but you just did!
    Yeah...and now I'm gonna sue you for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress!!!
    :P
    Hey

Tack your consulting fee of mine onto that lawsuit, I don't have the cash to pay it right now anyway.

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    Good post!

Gold star awarded!

I hope it was the Greenway INT...
    Sharper did nothing but stand there and let the ball hit him in the numbers...that and lay a mad juke on the wily Chad Pennington.

I liked Greenway's though...The kid appears to have his head in the game and seems to have that drive to make big plays.
    He runs around like a mad man out there.
    Greenway looks awesome out there.
    As I said in another post, he's got the energy we need....Robison showed that too.

Can't wait to see TJack out there for more than a couple of series.
    He definitely needs that, but we still need to clear up who's #3.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast