Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Brad Childress Press Release - Sunday 08/19/07

[size=13pt]SUNDAY, AUGUST 19, 2007 - Head Coach Brad Childress[/size]

Minnesota Vikings

PRESS RELEASES FROM THE INTERNATIONAL SPORTS MOVEMENT
    sportsfeatures.com

Okay, not much new to report really on our injury front.
    Hopefully we get a couple guys back this week.
    Hopefully Khreem Smith and Erasmus James are able to take some snaps for us this week and rush the passer...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Brad Childress Press Release - Sunday 08/19/07

Hopefully, Seattle doesn't come out too pissed that they got clobbered by the Pukers!
    We need TJack to have a good game and not for them to be teeing off on him all night.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

Hopefully t-jack plays a little more than he has been, otherwise I think he'll get too tired and not be able to play a whole game when the season starts.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Hopefully, Seattle doesn't come out too pissed that they got clobbered by the Pukers!
    We need TJack to have a good game and not for them to be teeing off on him all night.
    You want it to be roses. But sometimes it's got to be guns.
    Let's have some guns in the preseason so we might see roses in the post season.
    ;D

I hope Seattle throws the kitchen sink at us. This is the best time to have it happen.

Just don't roll around on the ground if you get knocked down. Hasellbeck might have a hemorrhage.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

TJ will play into the third quarter this coming game.

That is good and seems like it would be right on par for the third preseason game.

IMHO, in the game after that, he will probably play 3 full quarters......?

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"snowinapril" wrote:

That is good and seems like it would be right on par for the third preseason game.

The third preaseason game is where the starters play the most usually 3 quarters.The forth week the starters will play 1 quarter at most so as to avoid injury and keep the players fresh.So the seatle game is the best chance we have to see tjack in extensive action until the start of the regular season

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

The third preaseason game is where the starters play the most usually 3 quarters.The forth week the starters will play 1 quarter at most so as to avoid injury and keep the players fresh.So the seatle game is the best chance we have to see tjack in extensive action until the start of the regular season

Does anyone know if that game is gonna be on Sopcast?

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Going to Seattle is going to be a great test for us. The Puckers whooped them pretty good, and they have something to prove. A game, vrs A game. Starters will play the whole first half, then one series in the second half to see how they handle halftime adjusments. Playing a playoff team will be a good barometer for our progress. Hope EJ gets another shot at Hassel-spreck.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I'm still concerned about our Offense's inability to put up points, convert 3rd downs, or sustain drives.
    After 2 preseason games we've only managed to average 222 yards per game (30th in the NFL, but #32 - Indy - with 204, has only recorded 1 game thus far).
    Worse, our Offense has managed only 1 TD thus far to go along with the 4 field goals while the Defense has managed to score 4 TD's.

I am, needless to say, more than a bit concerned by what appears to be shaping up to be the exact same crappy offense we saw last season...
    I hope I'm wrong.

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Caine" wrote:
    I'm still concerned about our Offense's inability to put up points, convert 3rd downs, or sustain drives.
    After 2 preseason games we've only managed to average 222 yards per game (30th in the NFL, but #32 - Indy - with 204, has only recorded 1 game thus far).
    Worse, our Offense has managed only 1 TD thus far to go along with the 4 field goals while the Defense has managed to score 4 TD's.

I am, needless to say, more than a bit concerned by what appears to be shaping up to be the exact same crappy offense we saw last season...
    I hope I'm wrong.

Caine
    Same here. I made mention of the offense in another thread. We can't count on the defense scoring our points for us all season long.

Granted, we've only seen our staring offensive unit for a small portion of those games with a limited play sheet, but I haven't got that warm fuzzy yet.

IMO, T-Jack needs more time on the field than what he has had to further hone his skills.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast