Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54
  1. #11
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Brad Childress Press Conference 11/5

    "Frostbite" wrote:
    Honestly I'd have to say T.Jack over Holcomb for the backup....if T.Jack can go. He gives us a better running option against a quick G.B. defense. Although I don't tyhink anybody really wants to see him take off and run again.....OUCH!

    JMO


    Cheers!
    They need to put TJ through a sliding drill.
    It's great to get a 1st down, but it's better to live to play another day.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  2. #12
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Brad Childress Press Conference 11/5

    They need to put TJ in a plastic bubble.

    I wonder if Riddell could come up with air bags for his helmet, shoulder pads and knee pads like they have in cars.

  3. #13
    PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    456

    Re: Brad Childress Press Conference 11/5

    >If you ask me, I think that T-Jack concussion was a late hit. We still need to teach him how to slide tho. Brooks look good under center right now, give him the starting nod Chilli.

    ALL DAY!!!

  4. #14
    APKurt is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: Brad Childress Press Conference 11/5

    Honestly, what the heck is wrong with Childress and his refusal to play Brooks Bollinger?

    Brooks has put up solid numbers. 70.8% completions, zero interceptions, QB rating of 112.3!

    Tarvaris has completed a mere 46.4% of his passes and has thrown 5 interceptions for a QB rating of 50.6
    He seems like a talented young QB, but he just doesn't have the accuracy.

    In the first half, San Diego was stuffing the run because they didn't have to respect the pass.
    Tarvaris looked like a deer in the headlights!
    Peterson had only 50 first half yards.
    When Bollinger came in, he looked comfortable in the pocket and completed several passes in a row.
    In fact, just before AP broke his first long TD run, Brooks had just picked up a first down through the air and had picked up another 8 yards with a strike to Shiancoe.
    The defense was suddenly forced to respect the passing game and they went play-action and a huge hole opened up for AP.

    Don't forget: 2 drives later, Brooks threw a 40 yard strike for a TD!
    Once defences have to respect a moderately effective passing game, AP is going to run completely wild.


  5. #15
    bigbadragz's Avatar
    bigbadragz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    823

    Re: Brad Childress Press Conference 11/5

    i can't believe not one reporter asked what childress's logic was at the end of the first half.
    win or not i wanna know how you make a decision to basically sit on the ball with a chance to score after losing how many games this year by one score?
    i know everyone is gonna thinking i'm dogging him but come on, what could he possibly have been thinking?
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

  6. #16
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Brad Childress Press Conference 11/5

    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    i can't believe not one reporter asked what childress's logic was at the end of the first half.
    win or not i wanna know how you make a decision to basically sit on the ball with a chance to score after losing how many games this year by one score?
    i know everyone is gonna thinking i'm dogging him but come on, what could he possibly have been thinking?
    Are you saying we should have managed the clock better and tried to score a tocuhdown?

    or

    Are you saying we should have not tried to kick a 58 yard field goal?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #17
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Brad Childress Press Conference 11/5

    He's saying either way we shouldn't have had to kick a 58 yard field goal, we wasted half a minute or so just standing around when we had timeouts.
    Throw the ball a couple times, try to pick up some yards, if we were only 4 yards closer Longwell makes that kick and the points differential out of that one play would have been a 10 point swing in the score.

  8. #18
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Brad Childress Press Conference 11/5

    "Schutz" wrote:
    He's saying either way we shouldn't have had to kick a 58 yard field goal, we wasted half a minute or so just standing around when we had timeouts.
    Throw the ball a couple times, try to pick up some yards, if we were only 4 yards closer Longwell makes that kick and the points differential out of that one play would have been a 10 point swing in the score.
    Well in that case I agree. We have the worst two minute drill I have ever seen.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  9. #19
    bigbadragz's Avatar
    bigbadragz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    823

    Re: Brad Childress Press Conference 11/5

    "V" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    i can't believe not one reporter asked what childress's logic was at the end of the first half.
    win or not i wanna know how you make a decision to basically sit on the ball with a chance to score after losing how many games this year by one score?
    i know everyone is gonna thinking i'm dogging him but come on, what could he possibly have been thinking?
    Are you saying we should have managed the clock better and tried to score a tocuhdown?

    or

    Are you saying we should have not tried to kick a 58 yard field goal?
    i'm saying they could have tried to get 7, but if not then at least manage your clock good enough where you dont have to down the ball at the 45, and then only have enough time to run a 5 yard out to attempt a 58 yard field goal.
    with the 2 minute warning and 3 times out, what did we do, go 30 yards in 2:30?
    the only reason we even had to attempt a 58 yarder was becuz we let at least 40 seconds tick away.
    not to mention he ran the ball 3 straight times barely picking up a first down to start that drive.
    not exactly showing me he was trying to get points, more like he was conceding a tied score going into half.
    but that's why i'd ask the question.
    what's the logic?
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

  10. #20
    renovikesfan is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    772

    Re: Brad Childress Press Conference 11/5


    Maybe the clock was still running during TJ's injury when it should have stopped.
    That was during those final 2 minutes, wasn't it?
    I remember kinda wondering what happened to make us only have time to run another play or two after TJ was carted off the field.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brad Childress Press Conference 11/19/2007
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 07:09 AM
  2. Childress Press Conference 10/22/07
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 02:06 PM
  3. Childress Press Conference 10/15/07
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 08:56 AM
  4. Childress Press conference
    By PurplePeopleEaters in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 04:01 AM
  5. Childress Press Conference
    By PurplePumpkin in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-05-2006, 03:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •