singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Brad Childress Press Conference 11/19/2007

[size=13pt]Brad Childress Press Conference[/size]

11/19/2007

vikings.com

Head Coach Brad Childress

OK, just in terms of this injury report; Antoine (Winfield) is no worse. He had some soreness this morning, but no worse than he was certainly at the end of last week, and it was good to be able to get through the second half and not have him set himself back any further......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Brad Childress Press Conference 11/19/2007

[size=13pt]AUDIO: Brad Childress: Good energy but defense needs work[/size]

By V.House
    startribune.com

November 19, 2007

Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress discussed the Vikings win against the Oakland Raiders, Adrian Peterson's injury and what the defense could have done better.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Brad Childress Press Conference 11/19/2007

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Brad Childress Press Conference[/size]

11/19/2007

vikings.com

Head Coach Brad Childress

OK, just in terms of this injury report; Antoine (Winfield) is no worse. He had some soreness this morning, but no worse than he was certainly at the end of last week, and it was good to be able to get through the second half and not have him set himself back any further......
    Very nice read my friend.
    I especially liked the last question and answer.
    Kindof gives us a bit of insight into how the pre-game meeting goes and what is said.
    Very interesting.

Q: Going back to the trick play, did you know early in the week that you were going to call that and waited because Sidney is a rookie and you didn’t want to give him too much to think about?

A: Yeah, we don’t put our openers together until Saturday late morning, early afternoon.
    I think I sat in the meetings on Thursday or Friday; I didn’t get really a unanimous vote of confidence because of what I said about it being either a big hit or a big dejection. I actually told the team on Saturday night that this is the first play we are going to run. I put it up there, and I said now listen, here is the deal, I have been through it too many times; when you have success early a lot of times you have a big hit, a big play, and what happens is you have the big hit and so you say ‘oh, this is going to be easy.’
    So we are not running it if that is what we think is going to happen because when we hit the thing and we are running down there at the other end getting ready to score, or scoring, these are never easy. Most games aren’t decided on the first play of the game, most of them.
    But I can take you back; I don’t know how many times over the course of my career we have had a big hit (and) it’s kind of (exhale) and you lose something, you lose an edge.
    So I had to elicit a promise from the offensive room that we are going to use this, we are going to hit it, but we are still going to have a good 59:30 minutes of football left.
    So they were all in from that standpoint.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg