Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Brad Childress -ESPN -Interview!

Considering AP probably won't be available until week 5 I don't see 300 carries. Even if he is healthy all year I don't see him getting 300 carries. Not with CT around.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Oh yeah, AP is gonna light it up. We now have a 1-2 punch second to none. Some possible trades with A. Pinner, MeMo, and Ciatric, I just think having too many runners is a good thing, but not all these guys are gonna stay.

But just taking the load down some off Chester's back to keep him fresh inti December is really going to open the passing up for TJ.

B-Chill. Spielman, Stuwell, and the rest of our scouts have made some hay today.
    What will they do Sunday? Would like a DE, and another WR, then maybe a stretch for a G. Whatever they do you can rest assured that all the homework has been done, and we'll get some sleepers. Skol

I'll guess one, maybe two weeks for the enthusiasm of the draft to wear off, and the Childress critics will return, armed with dozens of cut-n-pasted articles about the weaknesses of the Vikings draft picks.
    :
    One of them already has jumped the starting gun in this thread, and perhaps elsewhere.

I'll wait until halfway through the season before I begin to give preliminary grades to any of the picks.

But the clarity of Childress' comments are a good sign that the Vikings draft crew did their homework on the players, and the needs of other teams.
    Now, the results will depend on the players selected, ..... and, perhaps just as important, the position coaches who will prepare them for the NFL.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

I think thus far, it has been a great draft.
    It also proves to me what Chilly is doing is very similar to what was successful at the University of Wisconsin and Philly.
    He solidified the oline last year, now getting the weapons to work it.
    A strong running 1-2 punch and a good wideout that is effective in the redzone.

Mike

I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

MediaLoca is offline Rookie

Man, i can't believe i missed this one.

:-

"KY" wrote:
    no matter what, we got a stud for a long time.
    No matter what... unless he gets hurt. (here's hoping he plays twelve years without so much as a headache)

"Purplexing" wrote:
    But the clarity of Childress' comments are a good sign that the Vikings draft crew did their homework on the players, and the needs of other teams.
    Now, the results will depend on the players selected, ..... and, perhaps just as important, the position coaches who will prepare them for the NFL.
    I agree completely.
    Whether they evaluated the players correctly, we'll have to see.
    But they certainly acted like they knew what they were doing the way they moved up and down the draft board.
    I have a lot more faith in Childress and the rest of the organization than I did 48 hours ago.

And as for position coaches (and other coaches that can actually teach players), I think these guys are totally underrated.
    Remember how long our linebackers were terrible under Tice's staff?
    Tomlin & crew came in, and in one offseason made them a solid group.
    If all of our coaches can get the most out of young players like that, it won't be long before we're a good team again.
    Unfortunately, I feel like this is not as common in the NFL as it should be.

For the record, I'm also a firm believer that this played out with Daunte, who was doomed by the loss of a strong QB coach and O-coordinator, and I'm guessing a psychiatrist.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

now having laid to ease the viking faithfull by doing a solid draft, Bchill and crew must show us they are the coaches they claim to be!!

hopefully they bring in these raw talents and form a dominating NFC team that competes with any and all!!

last year was the breaking of ground..
    now lets see the breaking of other teams!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12