Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Brad Childress Doesn't Need to Go, But Someone Does

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

If Childress brought in a qualified OC that actually knew what he was doing & Childress actually let him run the offense instead of sticking his nose in it & doing it his way, we'd be an improved team.

There is no doubt in my mind.

Childress sticks his nose in the offense side of the game & tends to leave the defensive coordinator run that side of the ball game.

WE have had 2 DC's. Tomlin & Frazier. Tomlin was offered a HC job & took it, Frazier has interviews for HCing jobs as well.

How many offers has Bevell had? How many offers have any of our offensive coaches had elsewhere?

More insanity.....

To think the HC doesn't stick his nose into all aspects of the team and the associated Coordinators gameplans is tantamount to mass histeria especially a control freak such as the Chiller.

As to Bevell.
    Sure, we could probably use a better O-cord, however, player execution of the called plays would go along way to improving our offense as much as improving who is actually doing the "Play Calling".
    Insanity? Hardly!

I said "tends to". That doesn't mean he never does, It means the majority of running the defense is left up to our DC.

On the offensive side of the ball, it's a much different story. Childress is very involved with what goes on there & what plays are called. Bevell's role the first two years was very limited. Need I remind you of who was calling the plays then?

[img width=450 height=592]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/11Childress_Bevell.jpg[/img]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"ejmat" wrote:

First, Childress as a HC should be sticking his nose into every aspect of the game.
    That is his job.

Second, I do think the Vikes made adjustments.
    The problem that I remember is that they only made adjustments when they were losing.
    In other words when they were leading at half time they were complacent with how things were going and didn't make changes.
    For the games they were losing though I do remember adjustments being made.
    Being involved with it to an extent yes, but to be essentially completely running it....no!

What do you think the role of the OC is?

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

First, Childress as a HC should be sticking his nose into every aspect of the game.
    That is his job.

The problem that I remember is that they only made adjustments when they were losing.
    In other words when they were leading at half time they were complacent with how things were going and didn't make changes.
    Being involved with it to an extent yes, but to be essentially completely running it....no!

C'mon Singer.
    If you think Childress isn't letting Bevell do his job I would have to disagree with you.
    Everyone knows Bevell has been calling the plays for the last 2 years.
    If Bevell wasn't able to do his role than why would he stay in the first place?
    If that were the case he'd be the foolish one.

"ejmat" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

That is his job.

C'mon Singer.
    If you think Childress isn't letting Bevell do his job I would have to disagree with you.
    No, you don't know that. In fact it was either last year or the year before that Childress stated that Bevell would be allowed to call some more plays. That doesn't come close to being all.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

That is his job.

C'mon Singer.
    No, you don't know that. In fact it was either last year or the year before that Childress stated that Bevell would be allowed to call some more plays. That doesn't come close to being all.
    You are right. I can't tell you 100% however if Bevell isn't able to do his job than that would be his fault for wanting to stick around.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

That is his job.

Depends on the team......

GB........Who calls the plays there?
    Saints....Who calls the plays there?

Seriously, we sure put alot of thought and discussion into something that isn't out of the ordinary around the league don't we?

Maybe some of you cats should watch other football games/teams.
    Might help you to understand the mystery of the game we all love so much.

;D (Bit of levity there in case you missed it)
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

That is his job.

Seriously, we sure put alot of thought and discussion into something that isn't out of the ordinary around the league don't we?

;D
    First off, if you are playing by Nodak's rules, you aren't even allowed to respond to my post because it is 3 days old & the case is to be considered closed.
    :P

We all know that on some teams the OC calls the plays & on other teams the HC calls the plays.

My point is, if you are a head coach & not great at calling plays & there is another person out there that can do the job better & make better judgments & adjustments than you can, hire that cat as your OC & let him do what he does best.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

That is his job.

;D
    First off, if you are playing by Nodak's rules, you aren't even allowed to respond to my post because it is 3 days old & the case is to be considered closed.
    :P

We all know that on some teams the OC calls the plays & on other teams the HC calls the plays.

My point is, if you are a head coach & not great at calling plays & there is another person out there that can do the job better & make better judgments & adjustments than you can, hire that cat as your OC & let him do what he does best.

That damn Nodack is way to smart for his britchessssss...... He is smarter than I so I'd better listen though.......;D

I hear ya about the playcalling but I am of the crowd that its isn't so much the play calling but rather the ability/inability of the team to execute what is/isn't called.

My guess.........Our offense will be a suprise to alot of fans on this site, the talking heads on ESPN and the other teams defenses this year and we won't even be having this discussion this time next year other than to say......

NEANER NEANER NEANER.....Told you so.....(Used that the other day and someone liked it.
    Thought it applied here as well) ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234