Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Brad Childress Doesn't Need to Go, But Someone Does

"Caine" wrote:
    The author - Andy R - must not really know that much about the Vikings.
    In trying to be clever, he stuck his foot in his mouth.

The fact is, the offense needs an upgrade.
    I'm not talking about going after a solid right tackle, wide receiver, or even a quarterback.
    I'm talking about Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.
    If Andy R had even the slightest degree of knowledge about the Vikings, he would have known that Bevell was hired by Childress for 3 reasons:

1:
    Chiller, who had NEVER called the plays (Not at Wisconsin, and not in Philly), wanted to.
    2:
    Bevell was a QB at Wisconsin while Chiller was there, so Chiller knew he could railroad him.
    3:
    Bevell was in no way shape or form ready to be an OC, so - again - Chiller knew he could have it HIS way.

So while Andy R is right, Bevell has to go, he's wrong in why he thinks so, and doubly wrong when he believes that this is not related to Chiller.

Bottom line, Chiller needs to go, and he needs to take Bevell with him.....

...and Andy R should get his facts straight before submitting articles.

Caine

Good post Caine, but I'm also going to add somewhat of a concluding fact.

Andy R is triply wrong if he thinks getting rid of Bevell will make a difference.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Mr" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

I'm not talking about going after a solid right tackle, wide receiver, or even a quarterback.
    If Andy R had even the slightest degree of knowledge about the Vikings, he would have known that Bevell was hired by Childress for 3 reasons:

1:
    Chiller, who had NEVER called the plays (Not at Wisconsin, and not in Philly), wanted to.
    2:
    Bevell was a QB at Wisconsin while Chiller was there, so Chiller knew he could railroad him.
    3:
    Bevell was in no way shape or form ready to be an OC, so - again - Chiller knew he could have it HIS way.

So while Andy R is right, Bevell has to go, he's wrong in why he thinks so, and doubly wrong when he believes that this is not related to Chiller.

Caine

Andy R is triply wrong if he thinks getting rid of Bevell will make a difference.
    BULLSHIT!

If Childress brought in a qualified OC that actually knew what he was doing & Childress actually let him run the offense instead of sticking his nose in it & doing it his way, we'd be an improved team.

There is no doubt in my mind.

Childress sticks his nose in the offense side of the game & tends to leave the defensive coordinator run that side of the ball game.

WE have had 2 DC's. Tomlin & Frazier. Tomlin was offered a HC job & took it, Frazier has interviews for HCing jobs as well.

How many offers has Bevell had? How many offers have any of our offensive coaches had elsewhere?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

1:
    2:
    3:

Caine

kaka del rio!

If Childress brought in a qualified OC that actually knew what he was doing & Childress actually let him run the offense instead of sticking his nose in it & doing it his way, we'd be an improved team.

Childress sticks his nose in the offense side of the game & tends to leave the defensive coordinator run that side of the ball game.

WE have had 2 DC's. Tomlin & Frazier. Tomlin was offered a HC job & took it, Frazier has interviews for HCing jobs as well.

How many offers has Bevell had? How many offers have any of our offensive coaches had elsewhere?

More insanity.....

To think the HC doesn't stick his nose into all aspects of the team and the associated Coordinators gameplans is tantamount to mass histeria especially a control freak such as the Chiller.

As to Bevell.
    Sure, we could probably use a better O-cord, however, player execution of the called plays would go along way to improving our offense as much as improving who is actually doing the "Play Calling".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    ....How many offers has Bevell had? How many offers have any of our offensive coaches had elsewhere?
    Admit it, you were surprised when Ferraro was hired away.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I hate this thread.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    I hate this thread.
    lmao, I thought of you reading the title of this thread and pictured you breaking into a Hendrixesque Star Spangled Banner to release your emotions.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

1:
    2:
    3:

Caine

kaka del rio!

I'm with you Singer... I think Chilly may have some input on the defense but he pretty much leaves them alone... I think a new offensive coordinator, someone who knows what they are doing and is a little bit more creative would go a long way to improving the offense..

with that said, however, depending on who we have a QB, they play calling does get a bit better... not much but a bit..

I think halftime adjustments leave a lot to be desired as well!!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I hate this thread.
    lmao, I thought of you reading the title of this thread and pictured you breaking into a Hendrixesque Star Spangled Banner to release your emotions.
    LOL...He set his keyboard on fire!!!!!!!!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Sometimes, it seems like we only have one gameplan...we're going to run at you and then run some more, and maybe later we'll try a pass...probably a short one on third and long.
    Then we're going to hope our STs don't fuck it up so our Defense can win the game for us.
    OK, so its not really all that bad all the time, but we knew that if we faced Philly they would blitz the hell out of us, yet we didn't seem to have any plays planned to beat it.
    How about setting up a screen?
    How bout a slant?
    How bout rolling the QB out immediatly after the ball is in his hands?
    We saw none of that til late in the game when it was pretty much over.
    That is what I have a problem with.
    You can't always just match up head to head and grind out a win, you have to set your guys up for success.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

1:
    2:
    3:

Caine

kaka del rio!

I'm with you Singer... I think Chilly may have some input on the defense but he pretty much leaves them alone... I think a new offensive coordinator, someone who knows what they are doing and is a little bit more creative would go a long way to improving the offense..

with that said, however, depending on who we have a QB, they play calling does get a bit better... not much but a bit..

I think halftime adjustments leave a lot to be desired as well!!
    First, Childress as a HC should be sticking his nose into every aspect of the game.
    That is his job.

Second, I do think the Vikes made adjustments.
    The problem that I remember is that they only made adjustments when they were losing.
    In other words when they were leading at half time they were complacent with how things were going and didn't make changes.
    For the games they were losing though I do remember adjustments being made.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast