Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Brad Childress Doesn't Need to Go, But Someone Does

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings Analysis: Brad Childress Doesn't Need to Go, But Someone Does[/size]

by Andy R (Contributor)
    bleacherreport.com

March 06, 2009

I hear the same things week after week regarding Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress.
    There are screams among Vikings fans for Childress to be fired.
    I hate to tell you Vikings fans, but no matter how loud your plea, it won't happen for at least another season....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Brad Childress Doesn't Need to Go, But Someone Does

Anyone remember the name Brian Billick?
    YUP, anyone remember how great Brian was at finding QB's and making a offense click when he left?

Another yutz reporter spouting drivel out his ass cause his mouth knows better......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

LOL 9.4% say neither should be fired.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Childress didn't do alright calling plays in Philly, Reed called the plays...

I don't disagree... I wouldn't mind seeing a more aggressive O Coord but that's my style... some teams are very successful with hard nosed, grind it out football... I just think we need a better O Line to play that type of football.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:

I don't disagree... I wouldn't mind seeing a more aggressive O Coord but that's my style... some teams are very successful with hard nosed, grind it out football... I just think we need a better O Line to play that type of football.
    Actually we just need some more receivers that can stretch the field and a QB that can hit them.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:

Actually we just need some more receivers that can stretch the field and a QB that can hit them.
    What does stretching the field and a QB hitting them have to do with playing grind it out hard nosed football?
    That sort of offense may or may not suit your particular taste.
    However, "if" that is what the Vikes O Coord wants to do, I believe he needs better O Line play to do it.
    I don't see how receivers stretching the field or a QB throwing it deep helps a team play grind it out football.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:

What does stretching the field and a QB hitting them have to do with playing grind it out hard nosed football?
    That sort of offense may or may not suit your particular taste.
    However, "if" that is what the Vikes O Coord wants to do, I believe he needs better O Line play to do it.
    I don't see how receivers stretching the field or a QB throwing it deep helps a team play grind it out football.
    What are you going to do on third and long?
    No line is good enough to block for a one dimensional offense.
    Cojo is right. Another receiver that can get open and a qb that can pass will make the grind it out offense work.
    This offense does not have balance.
    I don't describe balance as number of runs compared to number of passes.
    I describe balance as how effective your run game is compared to how effective your passing attack is.

This team's problem is, it is one dimensional on offense.
    Perhaps it's playcalling. Perhaps it's players.
    Perhaps it's Coaching.
    But when we get behind, we are done if we can't pass.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

The author - Andy R - must not really know that much about the Vikings.
    In trying to be clever, he stuck his foot in his mouth.

The fact is, the offense needs an upgrade.
    I'm not talking about going after a solid right tackle, wide receiver, or even a quarterback.
    I'm talking about Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.
    If Andy R had even the slightest degree of knowledge about the Vikings, he would have known that Bevell was hired by Childress for 3 reasons:

1:
    Chiller, who had NEVER called the plays (Not at Wisconsin, and not in Philly), wanted to.
    2:
    Bevell was a QB at Wisconsin while Chiller was there, so Chiller knew he could railroad him.
    3:
    Bevell was in no way shape or form ready to be an OC, so - again - Chiller knew he could have it HIS way.

So while Andy R is right, Bevell has to go, he's wrong in why he thinks so, and doubly wrong when he believes that this is not related to Chiller.

Bottom line, Chiller needs to go, and he needs to take Bevell with him.....

...and Andy R should get his facts straight before submitting articles.

Caine

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

"Caine" wrote:
    The author - Andy R - must not really know that much about the Vikings.
    In trying to be clever, he stuck his foot in his mouth.

The fact is, the offense needs an upgrade.
    I'm not talking about going after a solid right tackle, wide receiver, or even a quarterback.
    I'm talking about Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.
    If Andy R had even the slightest degree of knowledge about the Vikings, he would have known that Bevell was hired by Childress for 3 reasons:

1:
    Chiller, who had NEVER called the plays (Not at Wisconsin, and not in Philly), wanted to.
    2:
    Bevell was a QB at Wisconsin while Chiller was there, so Chiller knew he could railroad him.
    3:
    Bevell was in no way shape or form ready to be an OC, so - again - Chiller knew he could have it HIS way.

So while Andy R is right, Bevell has to go, he's wrong in why he thinks so, and doubly wrong when he believes that this is not related to Chiller.

Bottom line, Chiller needs to go, and he needs to take Bevell with him.....

...and Andy R should get his facts straight before submitting articles.

Caine

+1

Jimmymeboy is offline Starter

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Anyone remember the name Brian Billick?
    YUP, anyone remember how great Brian was at finding QB's and making a offense click when he left?

Another yutz reporter spouting drivel out his jiggly butt cause his mouth knows better......
    I remember Billick all too well...I hated his jiggly butt!
    Anyone would have looked like an offensive "genius" with all the fire power we had.
    There wasn't any masterminding going on when it was second and long and Bry-Bry would call his predictable (over tackle) dive play for no gain.
    Only to be saved by another miraculous catch by C.C. or a longy to Moss.

Ahhhh...the memories
    : :'(

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast