Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Hm... let's see... We gave up a second round pick for Bridgewater. Did we give up any 1st round picks? No, we didn't. Ergo, we gave up a second round pick for Bridgewater. :P
    No, we gave up he 8th pick of the 2nd round, plus the 8th pick of the 4th round. That's 2 picks. You're acting as if we gave up only a 2nd round pick for a 1st rounder.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Well sometimes you expect Beiber to be in his own house from time to time

Manzielís partying with Bieber carries a very specific legal risk | ProFootballTalk

But hey Manziel was partying with Beiber's ex the week before

Johnny Manziel, Justin Bieberís Ex-Girlfriend Party In Houston (Photo) | Cleveland Browns | NESN.com
    Thanks for pointing that out, I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    No, we gave up he 8th pick of the 2nd round, plus the 8th pick of the 4th round. That's 2 picks. You're acting as if we gave up only a 2nd round pick for a 1st rounder.
    Isn't that "giving up a 4th round pick to move up 9 spots"? If we are going to argue the cut of split hairs, this is going to get real boring real quick.

You guys are saying the same thing but as if you are disagreeing...
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Isn't that "giving up a 4th round pick to move up 9 spots"? If we are going to argue the cut of split hairs, this is going to get real boring real quick.

You guys are saying the same thing but as if you are disagreeing...
    No, we didn't say the same thing. Originally what was said was....

I'm glad we got Bridgewater for vitrually a second round pick.
    That to me sounds like he's implying we gave up our 2nd round pick to get a first round pick & nothing more. I disagreed basically said you have to include what else we gave up in that trade.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I hold no ill will against Manziel. I hope he does well in the NFL for the Browns. Those fans deserve a winner. I really do not think about Bortles at all, but I hope he does well also. Bridgewater has impressed me. Right from the time of the draft he has spent his time studying our system. He says all the right things, and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. I really hope he is the QB we have been searching for for many years. Everything I have read about him has been positive. So, I guess, I hope all three along with Garappolo and Carr do well. I just hope Bridgewater does better than all of them.
    Last edited by marshallvike; 07-06-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Manziel’s latest Vegas trip creates an interesting photo | ProFootballTalk
    anyone know of any reasons why Manziel would be tightly rolling money in a bathroom, feel free to drop them in the comments.
    Latest party weekend for Johnny Vegas toned down doesn't "look" good, I feel better about the Bridgewater pick after every weekend. Pass or fail Teddy appears to be giving an honest effort and likely won't get suspended before training camp or during preseason.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Manzielís latest Vegas trip creates an interesting photo | ProFootballTalk
    Latest party weekend for Johnny Vegas toned down doesn't "look" good, I feel better about the Bridgewater pick after every weekend. Pass or fail Teddy appears to be giving an honest effort and likely won't get suspended before training camp or during preseason.
    Fall of the John Boat yet Drew?

Johnny Belieber comes from a lot of money. He plays football because it's fun for him. Brings notoriety and all that goes with it. If he is not allowed to enjoy the extracurricular parts of being famous, I doubt he will maintain much interest. That includes not starting and being the primary headline.

Looks to be a riskier pick by the day. Then again, maybe he was just using that dollar bill to shoot spitballs. Whatever the case, he is making sure that he is headlining the news every chance he can.

phaninphx is online now Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post

Johnny Belieber comes from a lot of money. He plays football because it's fun for him. Brings notoriety and all that goes with it. If he is not allowed to enjoy the extracurricular parts of being famous, I doubt he will maintain much interest. That includes not starting and being the primary headline.

Looks to be a riskier pick by the day. Then again, maybe he was just using that dollar bill to shoot spitballs. Whatever the case, he is making sure that he is headlining the news every chance he can.
    Maybe I'm a bit naive but I don't understand all of this cynicism directed at JM (and not just by you tastywaves, but from a lot of people). I think he's a damn good qb who plays with a lot of passion. I also think it's highly suspect to claim he only plays qb to perpetuate his party lifestyle. So what if he goes to Vegas or parties with celebs? He's in his early 20's and is famous. Wouldn't you go to clubs, too? He doesn't have to live like Greta Garbo to be a good qb. It's not like he stages publicity stunts like Miley Cyrus, the attention just seems to follow him.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Manziel’s latest Vegas trip creates an interesting photo | ProFootballTalk
    allmeatnopotatoes says:
    Jul 7, 2014 9:33 AM
    He obviously is making an antenna for his money phone.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by phaninphx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post

Maybe I'm a bit naive but I don't understand all of this cynicism directed at JM (and not just by you tastywaves, but from a lot of people). I think he's a damn good qb who plays with a lot of passion. I also think it's highly suspect to claim he only plays qb to perpetuate his party lifestyle. So what if he goes to Vegas or parties with celebs? He's in his early 20's and is famous. Wouldn't you go to clubs, too? He doesn't have to live like Greta Garbo to be a good qb. It's not like he stages publicity stunts like Miley Cyrus, the attention just seems to follow him.
    Johnny is making it pretty clear that partying is very important to him regardless of what his employer tells him. Rolling dollar bills in a bathroom of a nightclub is putting him in the spotlight of the NFL as well.

Maybe he'll turn a page and grow up, but at his current pace we may never get to see what he could be in the NFL. Which would be a shame.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    I still like the football player. All this "off the field" stuff bores the hell out of me, I am sick of hearing anything and everything the boy is doing.

They made a big deal over a selfie with a hot chick, for crying out loud!! How many other football players have taken selfies with girls by a pool? And yet, the was top of the fold news!!

Let's please wait until training camp before we write him off? Is that too much to ask? I'm sick of grumpy old football players suddenly becoming holier-than-thou and preaching anti-Manziel rants, as if they were model players and the perfect role models when THEY were 22-23.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast