Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    There is no way to know now. We will have all the details in 4 years or so, and since we didn't draft him, it doesn't really matter.

The dice have been cast, and true to my promise, I have moved on to the players we DO have, with full trust in our coaching staff. Cleveland has had a miserable time with things over the last 40-50 years, so I hope for the best for them.

I love Manziel, so when we didn't take him, I was rooting for Cleveland. It is just a "wait and see" situation now.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Cleveland has had a miserable time with things over the last 40-50 years, so I hope for the best for them.

I love Manziel, so when we didn't take him, I was rooting for Cleveland. It is just a "wait and see" situation now.
    I hope any player the Vikings did not draft is a bust. I hope Manziel, now with the Browns, is a bust. I wish no other team the best.

I'm a fan of football in general; my dad was in the service, so I didn't have a "home town team". We rooted for the Vikings because my DAD was from Minnesota. Depending on where he was stationed, I might have never seen a Vikings game for years except highlights... as such, it was easy to have a second team to follow since I could at least see them play.

I have a soft spot for the 'skins and the 49ers because of this, but only a slight interest. I remember when Cleveland lost the browns in '95, and I don't know about you, but I was outraged for them... it was a shitty move by owner that made HIS problems the Brown's problems.

That ALL being said, there is NO team I have ever rooted for over the Vikings... but we only play one team a week.

phaninphx is offline Training Camp
    I think Bridgewater was the safest pick of the draft. I think he stands tall in the pocket and has good accuracy and decision making. If it weren't for his sub par pro day, he would've been a top 15 lock. As long as we develop him slowly, I think he will be a steal at pick 32.

To be honest, part of me wanted to draft Manziel on draft day. I know he comes with a lot of baggage and some people think he will be a bust but I think he has the highest ceiling. Most football gurus scoff at this but I think he's a winner. As long as he takes the game seriously and dedicates himself to film and practice, he will be a great asset. I couldn't believe he got so much heat for going to Vegas. If you were 22, a celebrity with lots of cash, where would you go?

Bortles is the biggest question mark for me. I don't consider myself a scout by any stretch of the imagination but I think he has the biggest bust potential of the three. I've seen quite a bit of highlights and everything screams mediocrity to me. All of his passes are to wide open receivers who get 40 yards after catch. The pass wasn't even accurate to begin with. Every time I hear experts talk about him, all they do is wax on about his physical tools. It takes a lot more than physical tools to be successful. Just ask Scott Mitchell, JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf. I'm sure there are things that I'm missing but I've never seen him do anything that makes me say "Wow, that was a great play!"

TeamSoftware is offline Rookie
    We certainly do not need the distraction...

Johnny Manziel PARTYING WITH BIEBER ... Cops Called

--Scott

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I am so much happier with what I'm hearing about our guy Teddy B than Johnny tMZ...

Our guy may not have the top physical traits, but his dedication and work ethic are head and shoulders above and may very well lead to him being the best QB of this draft class. He just seems so happy to be a Viking that he will remain focused and work his ass off to be the best he can be...which gives him at least a chance.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

If Jay Z wanted to hang out with Teddy Bridgewater, I would expect him to be there.

What has Bortles and Bridgewater done with THEIR down time? Don't know? NO ONE knows, because they don't have a thousand people snapping pictures of them on a daily basis. The only question I have of Manziel is, can he succeed on the field? Until we know that, all of this is just a "slow football news" day blitz.

He reminds me of a wealth of football players, some busts, some hall of famers if I consider his off the field antics. But all of that means squat... if he can take his ability to the next level, people will be cheering him on; if he can't, they will mock him. Only time will tell.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phaninphx View Post
    I think Bridgewater was the safest pick of the draft. I think he stands tall in the pocket and has good accuracy and decision making. If it weren't for his sub par pro day, he would've been a top 15 lock. As long as we develop him slowly, I think he will be a steal at pick 32.

To be honest, part of me wanted to draft Manziel on draft day. I know he comes with a lot of baggage and some people think he will be a bust but I think he has the highest ceiling. Most football gurus scoff at this but I think he's a winner. As long as he takes the game seriously and dedicates himself to film and practice, he will be a great asset. I couldn't believe he got so much heat for going to Vegas. If you were 22, a celebrity with lots of cash, where would you go?

Bortles is the biggest question mark for me. I don't consider myself a scout by any stretch of the imagination but I think he has the biggest bust potential of the three. I've seen quite a bit of highlights and everything screams mediocrity to me. All of his passes are to wide open receivers who get 40 yards after catch. The pass wasn't even accurate to begin with. Every time I hear experts talk about him, all they do is wax on about his physical tools. It takes a lot more than physical tools to be successful. Just ask Scott Mitchell, JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf. I'm sure there are things that I'm missing but I've never seen him do anything that makes me say "Wow, that was a great play!"
    I just had to comment because it's crazy how much I agree with your post. You got a good mind

Leading up to the draft, I have to admit that logic said to draft Bridgewater, but Manziel was so intriguing. It was hard to choose, should I go with the logic or the excitement? I'm glad how it went down though. I like Bridgewater a lot. And drafting Blake Bortles was a huge reach. haha. Poor Jaguars. They have so many needs and then they draft a project QB so high.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Partying with Justin Bieber, don't know how anyone can defend that. Is that really the best you could find Johnny? JFF my ass, more like JAB....just another beleiber.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Partying with Justin Bieber, don't know how anyone can defend that. Is that really the best you could find Johnny? JFF my ass, more like JAB....just another beleiber.
    Until I hear him say, "Beiber is my boi!", I'm calling it "both in the same place at the same time".

I honestly can't imagine any man intentionally hanging with Beiber that isn't gay.

And that isn't a knock on gay men, my uncle said he liked Beiber "because he is cute." My uncle is follower type of gay man, and is very involved with the online gay community. I have to think he isn't alone; he wouldn't say that if it wasn't a consensus opinion. That is how my uncle is...

There was no point in telling you that besides looking for sympathy; yes, these are the types of conversations he likes to have, and I have to see him every day.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast