Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Bortles vs. Maziel vs. Bridgewater

These are the 2014 QB first round picks.

What made each one worth the first round selection?

How well do they compare?

Which has the best tools for the NFL?

Compare and contrast, but please provide some information to back any statements. Please, no "just sayin'" in this thread.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    They all 3 will always be compared against each other. Funny how they got picked in the opposite order of how they were projected at the end of last season. Teams can be so blind to actual game performance and instead fall too much in love with size and intriguing potential.

I'm glad we got Bridgewater for vitrually a second round pick. If there's one thing I think he got over the others, it's full dedication to football and game study.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    They all 3 will always be compared against each other. Funny how they got picked in the opposite order of how they were projected at the end of last season. Teams can be so blind to actual game performance and instead fall too much in love with size and intriguing potential.

I'm glad we got Bridgewater for vitrually a second round pick. If there's one thing I think he got over the others, it's full dedication to football and game study.
    Everything I hear on kfan is positive so far.

First one there and last to leave, and learning playbook fast .

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post

I'm glad we got Bridgewater for vitrually a second round pick.
    Giving up the 8th pick of the 2nd round, plus the 8th pick of the 4th round is fair compensation & value for a late 1st round pick, but it's not getting a 1st round pick " for virtually a second round pick".

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Manziel parties in Vegas | ProFootballTalkManziel parties in Vegas

Via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns quarterback flew to Las Vegas to unwind a bit during a short break in offseason workouts.
    Whether he is partying after the draft or during ota breaks this is a link he has with Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf, it remains to be seen if this will cause problems for him but it isn't something I have seen from Bortles or Bridgewater yet.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Manziel parties in Vegas | ProFootballTalkManziel parties in Vegas

Whether he is partying after the draft or during ota breaks this is a link he has with Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf, it remains to be seen if this will cause problems for him but it isn't something I have seen from Bortles or Bridgewater yet.
    He is the anti-Tebow !

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Bortles vs. Maziel vs. Bridgewater

Best qb in the draft is going to be teddy B. I see his dedication with his film study and work ethic what not similar to all time greats. I believe he'll transfer it to the field too. Bad ass in college. Tape don't lie

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Teddy bought into the Viking organization before, I think, the Vikings bought into him. Perhaps there IS something to God having something to do with it, as Teddy insisted. His smile on draft night said, "THIS is were I want to be!!"

No interview, no action, no facial expression since that time has said otherwise. This kid considers himself a Viking, and he is absolutely determined to learn everything he can until his number is called.

I do not see that dedication, as of yet (though it might be there) from the other 2. I would love, personally, to see both Manziel AND Bridgewater to light it up, Manziel only because if you are a fan of the NFL, you have to have a soft spot for the Browns.

But I think Teddy has the lead so far int he intangible race between these 3.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Teddy bought into the Viking organization before, I think, the Vikings bought into him. Perhaps there IS something to God having something to do with it, as Teddy insisted. His smile on draft night said, "THIS is were I want to be!!"

No interview, no action, no facial expression since that time has said otherwise. This kid considers himself a Viking, and he is absolutely determined to learn everything he can until his number is called.

I do not see that dedication, as of yet (though it might be there) from the other 2. I would love, personally, to see both Manziel AND Bridgewater to light it up, Manziel only because if you are a fan of the NFL, you have to have a soft spot for the Browns.

But I think Teddy has the lead so far int he intangible race between these 3.
    +1 Agree with everything you said. I think TB gets what we want and will do everything necessary to make sure he's our QB. Can't wait for football to start.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Aside from my humble opinion that he can't play, I did not want Manziel on the Vikings and have to put up with the sideshow act and all the distractions that come with him. It will get old very soon. I think he likes the idea of being a pro QB but will not put the effort into it that is required to be a success.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast