Blog Entries

Booty - a nice fit in Minnesota

[size=14pt]Booty's fundamentals will ease NFL transition[/size]
    [size=8pt]By Paul Burmeister
    |
    NFL Network [/size]

Paul Burmeister explains why JD Booty might be a nice fit in Minnesota:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true

Like everyone else inside the RCA Dome in Indianapolis on Feb. 24 -- workout day for the quarterbacks at the NFL Combine -- I was floored by the natural passing abilities of Joe Flacco and Chad Henne. They had pretty spirals for every type of throw, launching them with velocity, touch, accuracy and ease.

Those two players opened my eyes, but I couldn't prevent my gaze from continually drifting back to John David Booty. He didn't wow me, but he grew on me.

Booty's arm was more than good enough, and he looked capable of every throw. But his best qualities were more subtle. His feet were better than expected, he looked comfortable with every drop. His release consistently timed up with his receivers' breaks, and his balance was remarkably good.

In quarterbacking terms, John David Booty had rhythm.

After the session, I ran into an AFC offensive coordinator. I raved about Flacco; he said he liked Henne even better, then we said goodbye. A moment later he called back, "Hey, you know who else I really liked?" He looked around to make sure it was just us, lowered his voice and said, "Booty. But don't tell anyone."

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Booty - a nice fit in Minnesota

In my experience, booty is always a nice fit!

Good luck trumping that booty euphemism.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Billy" wrote:
    In my experience, booty is always a nice fit!

Good luck trumping that booty euphemism.
    I agree, he has the WCO experience plus he played for one of the bigger college teams
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"HEY" wrote:
    |
    NFL Network [/size]

Like everyone else inside the RCA Dome in Indianapolis on Feb. 24 -- workout day for the quarterbacks at the NFL Combine -- I was floored by the natural passing abilities of Joe Flacco and Chad Henne. They had pretty spirals for every type of throw, launching them with velocity, touch, accuracy and ease.

Those two players opened my eyes, but I couldn't prevent my gaze from continually drifting back to John David Booty. He didn't wow me, but he grew on me.

Booty's arm was more than good enough, and he looked capable of every throw. But his best qualities were more subtle. His feet were better than expected, he looked comfortable with every drop. His release consistently timed up with his receivers' breaks, and his balance was remarkably good.

After the session, I ran into an AFC offensive coordinator. I raved about Flacco; he said he liked Henne even better, then we said goodbye. A moment later he called back, "Hey, you know who else I really liked?" He looked around to make sure it was just us, lowered his voice and said, "Booty. But don't tell anyone."

What does this hack know? If Booty had any talent, he would have been drafted in the 1st round.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    |
    NFL Network [/size]

What does this hack know? If Booty had any talent, he would have been drafted in the 1st round.
    All players that get drafted usually have talent, Booty just didn't have first round talent.

aceclown is offline Coach

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    |
    NFL Network [/size]

All players that get drafted usually have talent, Booty just didn't have first round talent.
    I think uffda was being facetious.

Chuch.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

This was already posted in the Booty thread.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=44466.490

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I like that they mentioned his footwork, because that is so overlooked. Good QBs have a lot of qualities, and quick setups and good footwork are important. I also noticed how fast Booty sets up and gets into his stance for throwing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I like that they mentioned his footwork, because that is so overlooked. Good QBs have a lot of qualities, and quick setups and good footwork are important. I also noticed how fast Booty sets up and gets into his stance for throwing.
    Lets see how well he sets up with a 330 DT blowing up the pocket or a 260 DE coming at him from the Left side.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

For some, Booty is always a nice fit.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast