Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vikesls is offline Rookie

Re: Boomer Esiason's comments

I'd have to say Boomer got it right!! Of course, he was one of the better Bengals. Its always Collinsworth that turns my stomach.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"vikesls" wrote:
    I'd have to say Boomer got it right!! Of course, he was one of the better Bengals. Its always Collinsworth that turns my stomach.
    How did Collinsworth make it out of the NFL without getting snapped like a toothpick? This is a good time to ask this question with a few experts from Cincy running around the board this week.

How?

He must have been a human rubberband.

Gannon and Salisbury Steak usually treat us good but Collinsworth started hating us about the time he got bitter from being yanked off of the set in favor of Jimmy Johnson at FOX.

JohnStofa is offline Training Camp

"snowinapril" wrote:
    How did Collinsworth make it out of the NFL without getting snapped like a toothpick? This is a good time to ask this question with a few experts from Cincy running around the board this week.

How?

He must have been a human rubberband.
    He was tougher than he looked. Not physical, but tough nonetheless. And he didn't earn his living by catching passes over the middle, so that helped prolong his career. He was more of a slant route receiver, a possesion receiver, a lot of sideline outs. He was almost automatic when we needed a 20-yard gain for a first down. And he had an extremely high football IQ. He started out as a quarterback at the University of Florida, and I think that made him a more intelligent receiver once he made the switch. But he definitely wasn't a physical player. He played 6 full seasons for the Bengals, then tailed off his last two years and was out of the league.
    Bengals, baby!

JohnStofa is offline Training Camp

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    That makes two sports "experts" now that aren't panicing over a week one loss (Gannon, Boomer) :roll: :lol:
    See my comments in another thread about the game. WAY too much is being made of the Bengals' and Vikings' Week One games. The Bengals beat one of the worst teams in the league and if not for losing the turnover battle the Vikings likely would have beaten a pretty good Tampa Bay team. Boomer is right on the money with his comments.
    Bengals, baby!

hearmeroar is offline Waterboy

"JohnStofa" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    That makes two sports "experts" now that aren't panicing over a week one loss (Gannon, Boomer) :roll: :lol:
    See my comments in another thread about the game. WAY too much is being made of the Bengals' and Vikings' Week One games. The Bengals beat one of the worst teams in the league and if not for losing the turnover battle the Vikings likely would have beaten a pretty good Tampa Bay team. Boomer is right on the money with his comments.

This game is probably going to come down to who wins in the trenches. Dante can't win the game by himself. I know he has decent recievers to throw to but you need the men up front blocking to have time to find them.
    If Dante is running for his life to start out the game, watch out. Sure, he might make a few plays with his feet but that's not what he wants to do.

Boomer didn't say the Vikings were going to win, he said that it was better that they were on the road. I disagree. I am a season ticket holder and I will be there. Trust me, it will be loud and crazy. Our fans are jacked up for this one. Name another fan base that should be hungrier than a Bengals fan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12