Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Book: "To be a Viking" coming soon

My Super Bowl Championship Years 2005-2010 by Daunte Culpepper....

oh wait, that won't be out until AFTER he retires...a five-time Super Bowl champion!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    My Super Bowl Championship Years 2005-2010 by Daunte Culpepper....

oh wait, that won't be out until AFTER he retires...a five-time Super Bowl champion!!!
    I'll invest in advanced copies! :wink:

Prophet Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    So is Blair gonna break out the rubber stamp at book signings too!!! LOL
    LOL, I wouldn't doubt it. I would like to ask him if he remembers doing that, because I sure do. My guess is that he still packs the same stamp around and is looking for another opportunity to use it. What has he been up to the last few decades anyway? Does anyone know?

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

He's a big collector of classic cars. I used to see him occasionally when I'd drive around the south side of the Twin Cities area. I'd always honk and wave..., he would always smile and wave back. He does a lot for charity, and has a nice website, which says he likes to hear from fans.

http://www.mattblair.com

His website says a little bit about him:

Matt Blair, #59, former Minnesota Vikings All-Pro Linebacker was a fixture at Outside Linebacker for more than a decade. Playing for 12 years (from 1974 to 1986) with the Vikes, he appeared in two Super Bowls and three NFC Conference Championship Games.

Being named to the All Rookie Team, NFC All Conference Teams, and All Pro Teams and to six consecutive Pro Bowls, and the 1981 NFC Linebacker MVP and the Vikings Defensive Captain, Matt's a professional no one will soon forget. Especially if they ever took a hit from him or even watched him deliver a hit or block a kick.

In 2003 and 2004, Matt was named to the preliminary ballot for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. And we hope the future gets him further into the selection process, eventually in the door.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Blair was a stud!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Boy, give me an autographed copy and we'll promote the heck out of it. *hint*

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    That's awesome...just wish it was by a better player
    We'll mark that comment down to reasons of youth :grin: Matt Blair was a great player and could show some of the LBs today how to play the game. He played for 11 years and hold the record for the number of punt/FG blocks.

I'll look forward to that book coming out for sure

Matt Blair was no Foreman, or Cris Carter....I wish Cris Carter would write a book about being a Viking.....Matt Blair was good, but it would be better if it was by a hall of famer or someone who will go down in history as a great player 30, 40 years from now....thats all I was saying.......I saw Blair play, he made a few Pro Bowls...like 6 or 7 or something, right.....I saw the end of his career...like 82 to 85....I guess he wasn't as bad as I made it sound....he was actually pretty great....but I'd rather hear from a hall of famer...not to take anything away from Blair.....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

"audioghost" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    That's awesome...just wish it was by a better player
    We'll mark that comment down to reasons of youth :grin: Matt Blair was a great player and could show some of the LBs today how to play the game. He played for 11 years and hold the record for the number of punt/FG blocks.

I'll look forward to that book coming out for sure

Matt Blair was no Foreman, or Cris Carter....I wish Cris Carter would write a book about being a Viking.....Matt Blair was good, but it would be better if it was by a hall of famer or someone who will go down in history as a great player 30, 40 years from now....thats all I was saying.......I saw Blair play, he made a few Pro Bowls...like 6 or 7 or something, right.....I saw the end of his career...like 82 to 85....I guess he wasn't as bad as I made it sound....he was actually pretty great....but I'd rather hear from a hall of famer...not to take anything away from Blair.....
    Hall of Famer or not, Blair was a great player and should not affect whether or not the book is good or bad. Bo Jackson wrote on heck of a book!

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Blair was a stud!
    I remember Walter Payton doing one of his classic goal-line leaps, and having Blair leaping at the same time & stuffing PAyton from getting a TD..friggen awesome !

Schleppy is offline Starter

I have an old Tarkenton book and Kassulke too. Maybe I'll put them on ebay.LOL I also have the Golden Memories book. I wish Jim Marshall would write a book. That guy is movie material. Burning money to start a fire, wrong way run, played better when sick, cancer survivor. etc. I know theres more stories, but get think, need coffee.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast