Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Boo birds in the dome? Donkey Butts IMO.

"SKOL" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    Alrighty....here's my shot at this topic:

As a fan in the stands, we have two - and only two - methods of sneding messages to our team.

1:
    Cheering.
    2:
    Booing.
    My thoughts exactly.
    We always cheer far more loudly than we boo.
    We do both to communicate to the coaching staff, players and refs.
    Hopefully booing will motivate them to do better.

If I was at the dome yesterday I would have boo'd when M. Moore dropped the punt..., it would have sent a message not only to Moore, but the refs too, since the drop was a result of their ineptitude for not calling the safety.
    What about option #3?

Drop your pants and moon Childress!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    OK, what is wrong with some of the fans here in Minnesota?

In the first half (the first half!) the boo birds were out in force in the 'dome.
    What kind of home field advantage is this?
    We are winning games people.
    They may not be pretty, but we are winning.

Just before half time, we got the ball back on our own 11 yard line with 25 seconds left on the clock.
    It was 10-3 at this point.
    So what is the smart thing to do?
    Run the gol 'darnit clock out, go into half time down by just a touch, and get the ball back - with better field position - after halftime.
    On the first play, that is exactly what Childress started to do.
    He ran Taylor around the right guard for a six yard gain.

And what happens?
    The crowd at the dome erupts in boos.
    Apparently they would rather see last second herioc deep ball plays that could just as easily bring us into half time down by 14 as it could tie the game.
    Come on people.
    Pull your heads out and look at our team.
    That may have been possible in 98 and 04.
    But with our current corps of recievers, an OL that is just starting to gel, and a QB who does't have the accuracy on the long ball, play calling like that loses ball games.

Don't get me wrong.
    I am not satisified with our offense right now either.
    But to start booing our team when it is still early in the game, and we are still very much in it... It is dissapointing to say the least.
    Sometimes the boos are earned...plus, we DID cheer almost the whole Chicago game...only to get let down in the end by a critical mistake!
    Payback is a beeyotch!!!

BUT we only boo because we care!
    ;D
    True that!

They should feel lucky people care enough to show up and boo, (or cheer).

Also, in defense of the boo birds, Viking fans aren't used to a defense out-scoring an offense. We're used to scoring 40 points on offense -and still losing!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I've never been much of a booer, and most of the time I think it's pretty disrespectful, but yesterday was frustrating. I don't blame the fans in the dome for booing a bit yesterday, because frankly the Vikes deserved it.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    below .500 we will be.
    [img width=329 height=240]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/SKOL/yoda.gif[/img]
    LOL! I was about to do the same thing!
    mnjamie was a Negative Nancy yesterday.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    Now be smart when you call out other fans for being bandwagon or not.
    The steelers have great fans, the cheifs have great fans, the broncos have great fans, there is a steelers bar on the west side of st. paul.
    The only place i have ever seen a majority of vikings fans on the road is/was AZ.
    Last year the steeler fans out numbered packer fans at limbo trailer park in green bay wi.
    I thought that was great.
    I was at the steelers game last year, i thought the fans were respectful as well, thats a lot better than what pecker, bears, or giants fans do when they are at the dome.
    In 1998, PSINet Stadium (now known as Ravens Stadium) was at least half-full of Vikings fans for that game.
    It was late in the season, so lots of the regular Ravens fans had probably written off the season at that point, but the place was PACKED with us Vikings folk.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    Now be smart when you call out other fans for being bandwagon or not.
    The steelers have great fans, the cheifs have great fans, the broncos have great fans, there is a steelers bar on the west side of st. paul.
    The only place i have ever seen a majority of vikings fans on the road is/was AZ.
    Last year the steeler fans out numbered packer fans at limbo trailer park in green bay wi.
    I thought that was great.
    I was at the steelers game last year, i thought the fans were respectful as well, thats a lot better than what pecker, bears, or giants fans do when they are at the dome.
    In 1998, PSINet Stadium (now known as Ravens Stadium) was at least half-full of Vikings fans for that game.
    It was late in the season, so lots of the regular Ravens fans had probably written off the season at that point, but the place was PACKED with us Vikings folk.

=Z=
    Z you know ravens wear purple colors too right?
    ;D j/k

to all those pissed off about fans booing:
    :'( go cry me a river.

hey at least fans didnt throw beer bottles on the field....now that would be disrepectfull. and im sorry i dont have the proven statistics to back that up. so when something goes wrong and your frustrated, dont stand up.
    just sit there. dont say a word, you just smile and keep telling yourself were going to win were going to win (40-0 in the 4th quarter). or tell the guy next to you you who is visibly upset (unlike you) "hey man, dont do that, youl upset our players and they will play worse". because as soon as you say, "oh, man, come on!" its no different than booing. and to me your a tool who should be tar and featherd banned from viking games and go dig a ditch in siberia or green bay, your choice.

Del Rio Guest

I like fans that boo at their team and they win. It's like the team gets to say well fuck you too.

In the end it probably doesn't matter at all if they boo or not, we won. If you could boo just one guy it would be swell, but your not your booing the entire team even the guys busting thier balls to entertain. So I am not a fan of it, but then again I live in Utah so I could really give a fuck if the home team wants to spend that ammount of money to go and boo.

I love it, it's like saying "DAMN IT I HATE YOU GUYS, BOO...oh a hotdog sure I'll pay 7$ for a hotdog, oh a ticket yeah I'll break the bank for a ticket."

As far as I am concerned who cares, boo if it makes you tight in the pants, cheer if it makes you feel good. It's your ticket you spent the money.

We will win regardless of booing or not. That's all that matters to me. If I wanted fantasy stats I would play fantasy football.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456