Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bollinger starting QB next year?

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Let's just get past the Packers forst and see how he plays against them before we go worrying about next year.

Personally I am going to enjoy the AP rookie year and hope he kicks ass every week.

McNabb would be a cancer in the locker room. If we bring him in we might just as well bring back Moss.
    I new winning team might be what he needs. If we had him I think we could be a force. TJ might be a year or two away.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"marstc09" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Let's just get past the Packers forst and see how he plays against them before we go worrying about next year.

Personally I am going to enjoy the AP rookie year and hope he kicks jiggly butt every week.

McNabb would be a cancer in the locker room. If we bring him in we might just as well bring back Moss.
    I new winning team might be what he needs. If we had him I think we could be a force. TJ might be a year or two away.
    NOT McNabb please!
    QB needs to be a leader, not a cry baby.
    "The fans boo me"
    "I'm not given a chance cus I'm Black, not because I'm playing like crap"

"My teammates suck"
    boo hoo boo hoo
    I'd rather stay with TJ, and that's saying alot as I'm not a fan.

I want a QB that plays the roll that he's NOT going to be the star.
    A QB that is satisfied with handing the ball off 75% of the time,
    throwing screens and intermediate passes, and knows he will not have Pro Bowl numbers .
    McNabb won't be this guy.

I want someone that is a true leader... if they don't find it team mates may start to look at AD and that might be too much for the guy at this time.
    Someone who has confidence, energy, and commitment.

It's not necessary for them to have a cannon for an arm, be very mobile, or can thread the needle with a frozen rope.

Low turnovers and accuracy on short/intermediate passes.
    70% completion for 150+yds would be fine.
    Move the chains!
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Personally I am going to enjoy the AP rookie year and hope he kicks ass every week.

You have been saying this a lot without much proof. Yes, there has been some controversy with regards to McNabb and the media, but never has a teammate, other than TO, spoke badly of McNabb.

McNabb is nowhere close to a cancer, he is the exact opposite, a leader. He is the face of the Eagles, and every single teammate of his has his back.

Comparing McNabb to Moss? Gimme a break.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Frostbite is offline Coach

"gagarr" wrote:
    What would Bollinger need to do the rest of this year to be the starting QB next year?If Bollinger is able to have 65% completion with a 100+ QB rating and show consistency, he's a keeper.

I would hate to see the Vikes to spend $$$ or draft picks to bring in a QB.
    It is proven that you can win SB's without a Blue Chip QB, i.e. TB/Johnson, Ravens/Dilfer.
    The Vikes running game will help even a average QB look good.

Use the draft or FA to help in WR or DL/DB (need QB pressure).

He would need to keep having better than average games (Like He's been doing) and have people (Coaches Players and Fans alike) start believing in him. He must continue to show pocket savy...accurate throwing....positive yards in 3rd down passing situations and be a TEAM LEADER.

I am not on a Brooks Bollinger Band Wagon here at all. I am meerly pointing out that since he came in in relief he's done a good job. He may be one of those rare players that doesn't impress anybody or really get it in gear until they are given a real chance to shine. So far...he's been making the most of the opportunity.

I am a firm believer in rewarding players that excell beyond expectations with more playing time to do so. Green Bay will be another great opportunity for BB to show skeptics (Like Me) what he's capable of. I say keep him as starter. He gives us the best chance to win Sunday.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"gagarr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Personally I am going to enjoy the AP rookie year and hope he kicks jiggly butt every week.

NOT McNabb please!
    "The fans boo me"

"My teammates suck"
    boo hoo boo hoo

throwing screens and intermediate passes, and knows he will not have Pro Bowl numbers .

I want someone that is a true leader... if they don't find it team mates may start to look at AD and that might be too much for the guy at this time.

It's not necessary for them to have a cannon for an arm, be very mobile, or can thread the needle with a frozen rope.

Move the chains!
    Winning does a lot to cure all those points you are making.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    What would Bollinger need to do the rest of this year to be the starting QB next year?If Bollinger is able to have 65% completion with a 100+ QB rating and show consistency, he's a keeper.

I would hate to see the Vikes to spend $$$ or draft picks to bring in a QB.
    It is proven that you can win SB's without a Blue Chip QB, i.e. TB/Johnson, Ravens/Dilfer.
    The Vikes running game will help even a average QB look good.

Use the draft or FA to help in WR or DL/DB (need QB pressure).

Great post Frost!
    Just the kind of logic that I was looking for... I agree fully.
    But I will never expect more out of BB than to manage a game, not win it, just not to lose it (ie turnovers)

He would need to keep having better than average games (Like He's been doing) and have people (Coaches Players and Fans alike) start believing in him. He must continue to show pocket savy...accurate throwing....positive yards in 3rd down passing situations and be a TEAM LEADER.

I am not on a Brooks Bollinger Band Wagon here at all. I am meerly pointing out that since he came in in relief he's done a good job. He may be one of those rare players that doesn't impress anybody or really get it in gear until they are given a real chance to shine. So far...he's been making the most of the opportunity.

I am a firm believer in rewarding players that excell beyond expectations with more playing time to do so. Green Bay will be another great opportunity for BB to show skeptics (Like Me) what he's capable of. I say keep him as starter. He gives us the best chance to win Sunday.

Cheers!
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"gagarr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

NOT McNabb please!
    "The fans boo me"

"My teammates suck"

boo hoo boo hoo

Move the chains!
    1. The fans booed him once, when they wanted Ricky instead. They were obviously wrong, and haven't booed him since.
    2. McNabb's main issue has always been healthiness, not mediocre play. When he is healthy, he has been a very legit QB. Has he played the race card? Sure, but when has that ever affected the team?
    3. He was talking about TO, who deserves every bit of criticism he has received. How can you forget that TO was the cancer there, not McNabb? It frankly pisses me off.

Why would you take a role player over a star unless you think the offense is already overloaded with stars, which it is obviously not. McNabb has played in the WCO his entire career! His favorite target is his RB! Yet you say he won't be ok with throwing screens and short routes. That is just a lie.

McNabb is a true leader. He leads by his play on the field. He leads by building relationships with his teammates, and not caring about anyone else. McNabb doesn't have confidence, energy, or committment? What are you smoking? The man has played on an offense where he and Westbrook were the only playmakers for almost 8 years now.

Before last sunday, McNabb had 2 picks in 7 games. Now he has 5 in 8 games. The guy simply has what it takes. If you want to argue he is past his prime, I could understand that, but you act as if McNabb is a team cancer, which he is not, and not a good football player, which he definetly is.

"I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i'd be fine with McNabb, he's proven himself plenty of times.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Fresno Bob is offline Waterboy

I'm one of those people who agree with frostbite, although we definitely seem to be the minority. I'm not so convinced Bollinger is as "terrible" as he seems to be made out to be. I don't recall him playing enough anywhere and regularly enough anywhere to earn that sort or reputation. I think he's a fairly unproven sort of commodity. All I know is he did a reasonably competent job last week, and, after all, that's all we are really looking for here: an acceptable level of competence.

Sure, it would be nice to have a straight-A type student in there taking snaps. But they are few and very far between right now in the NFL. All we need for success right now is a good solid C student.

I think if the training camp job had seriously been wide open, Bollinger would have been the smarter choice of strater over T-jack. I think T-jack could develop into a fine QB, but Chilly's most glaring mistake has been his one-eyed unwavering stance on him being ready to start NOW. It's painfully obvious to everyone watching that he's not; the stubborn insistence on his readiness now is borderline bizzare...

I say: leave Brooks the starter until he proves that he shouldn't be. He might just surprise us all...after all, how nice would it be to go into the next season with a decent draft pick that perhaps doesn't have to be a QB...just a thought.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'm not concerned about next year yet.
    I am thinking about this year.
    As of today, I hope the Brooks finishes out the season as starter.
    Yes, he is very inconsistent, but I think he is the best option that we have in our QB corps.

I have been in favor of keeping TJ as starter prior to this.
    My argument was that we needed to know for sure what we have in TJ so we know where we need to go with QB next year.
    I think we know now.
    His durability concerns me, as does his decision making ability and touch on his passes.
    Plus, his long ball simply is not very accurate.

Put Brooks in for the rest of the season in hopes of making a playoff run.
    Then bring in a veteran or trade up for a first round QB in the draft for next year.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast