Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bollinger set for QB battle

Winning teams don't have QB controversy.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

my dad made a great point the other day.

if our Oline can do what it should, and CT/AP are the rb studs we vision, then it really won't matter a lot if the QB is decent rather then dynamic.

it'll come down to consistancy, the one who show's bchill that more will be the one starting in the begining. but like the rest of you, I bet we will end this year with Tjack at the helm.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V" wrote:
    I wouldn't say we have any type of controversy yet.
    Just healthy competition.

"digital420" wrote:

if our Oline can do what it should, and CT/AP are the rb studs we vision, then it really won't matter a lot if the QB is decent rather then dynamic.

it'll come down to consistancy, the one who show's bchill that more will be the one starting in the begining. but like the rest of you, I bet we will end this year with Tjack at the helm.

DiGiTaL
    I really think that is what Coach Childress is banking on.
    Let's hope it pans out.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

"digital420" wrote:

DiGiTaL
    True Dat!!

IMHO TJack made better decisions than BJ or BB last year as far as when to run, where to throw, and when to throw it away...AND he has never had the deer in the headlights look that Daunte became known for.

Second year in the system all the way around!
    I expect improvement in every aspect of the Vikings Game!
    TJack will have had an offseason and a half to learn the intricacies of the playbook which should open up the playcalling we all began to hate toward the end of last year!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Blog Entries

"mountainviking" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:

DiGiTaL
    True Dat!!

IMHO TJack made better decisions than BJ or BB last year as far as when to run, where to throw, and when to throw it away...AND he has never had the deer in the headlights look that Daunte became known for.

TJack will have had an offseason and a half to learn the intricacies of the playbook which should open up the playcalling we all began to hate toward the end of last year!
    I love you optimism, and I am really pulling for TJ to succeed too.
    but if you let your optimism blind you you stand to lose as much credibility as the negative nancys who are bracing for the 0-16 season.

TJ made many, many bad decisions in and out of the pocket last year.
    If you didn't see the deer in the headlight look, then you weren't looking.
    He was a rookie, and a lot of it was expected, and I also think he will be greatly improved after a hard working offseason.
    But fooling ourselves into believing that he performed at a starting caliber in his two starts isn't going to help.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:

DiGiTaL
    True Dat!!

but if you let your optimism blind you you stand to lose as much credibility as the negative nancys who are bracing for the 0-16 season.

He was a rookie, and a lot of it was expected, and I also think he will be greatly improved after a hard working offseason.
    But fooling ourselves into believing that he performed at a starting caliber in his two starts isn't going to help.
    Your right on target NP.

That is why I am a firm believer in letting him get his reps this year.

Lets find out what he is made of.

Evidently the coaching staff feel he is ready to at least move forward with his progression to the point that he is ready to learn under center during game time situations.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:

DiGiTaL
    True Dat!!

Your right on target NP.

That is why I am a firm believer in letting him get his reps this year.

Lets find out what he is made of.

Evidently the coaching staff feel he is ready to at least move forward with his progression to the point that he is ready to learn under center during game time situations.
    And the coaching staff knows more about football than the vast majority of us do, which is why I will back whatever decision they come to.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

"digital420" wrote:

DiGiTaL
    Let's hope it pans out.
    I agree that currently it is a healthy competition. As long as someone wins that competition and we stick with that guy throughout the season we'll be fine. I'm worried though that we will be back and forth between QBs all year, that would be miserable, it never works out.

Childress banking on the running attack sounds great. Let's hope the coach abandons his scheme for more of a smashmouth stlye offense.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I think that Bollinger ends up being the starter this year.

Honestly, is anyone going to question Childress if he says that Tarvaris isn't "ready" and that Bollinger gives us the best chance to win? (Sounds eerily familiar) Hell, most of US don't think Tarvaris is ready. Plus, Brooks is a Childress guy.

It would not surprise me one bit if Brooks ends up starting this year.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

"digital420" wrote:

DiGiTaL
    Let's hope it pans out.
    I agree that currently it is a healthy competition. As long as someone wins that competition and we stick with that guy throughout the season we'll be fine. I'm worried though that we will be back and forth between QBs all year, that would be miserable, it never works out.

Childress banking on the running attack sounds great. Let's hope the coach abandons his scheme for more of a smashmouth stlye offense.
    V, because he has the owners backing, I think you will see B-chill stick with TJ this year through thick and thin.

Gonna be tough for some of us fans to watch him (as he will struggle) but I think we will find out what he is made of this year.

My feeling is he won't have to win games but just manage them, however, this is gonna be a team effort of IF's that will decide how our young QB matures/performs......

If the O-line can keep from having pre-snap penalties......
    If the right side of the O-line isn't like a bunch of turnstyles.....
    If our new WR corp can hang get off the line quickly and run good routes (can you say B-wade
    ;D)
    If our new WR corp (RB & TE's included) can catch the ball when it hits them in the hands......
    If our D can keep the opposing O off the field (Hopefully giving us the ball back often and in great field position)..........

For TJ Part.....

If he can read a defense (recognize the blitz and make hot read).......
    If he doesn't force the ball (throws it away or runs)......
    ect ect.

Again, I think there will be some games were we just go ARRRRGGGGHHH but there will be others that will give us some hope as our team comes together.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast