Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Bollinger’s struggles as backup QB could bring changes behind Jackson

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    Just what am I missing here?
    We have been talking for months about the fact that the Vikes have a chance to be in the hunt for the Playoffs with "solid QB play."
    Are you seriously telling me that Thigpen, now, is a better backup option than a proven backup?
    For that matter, is your premise that Thigpen is a better option than Bollinger?
    Face it, we have a young starting QB with alot of promise.
    If he goes down, it is neither responsible (to the players who have busted their dimply buttocks, nor to us fans) nor prudent to put in a 7th Round draft pick rookie from COASTAL CAROLINA...now, the kid appears to have some skills, but you HAVE GOT to be kidding me.

The Vikings, Childress, believed Bollinger was our contingency plan...if you have any doubts, just look at who we traded to get him and, oh, by the way, now, DT depth is another issue due to that trade.
    Like I posted yesterday, Bollinger is not, nor is Thigpen (for now) a viable option for our Team.
    This is not the Cleveland Browns franchise, we deserve a better product.

I hope to the football gods that TJack doesn't get hurt early.
    If he does, we will be in the lottery for the best player next year, Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville.
    Then what?
    Thats in another thread.
    In this thread, most of us, are talking about who is in the running for Holcomb and what it might cost to get him.
    hmmm, well, actually, it's inbedded in several threads.
    I was merely responding to the absurdity of actually thinking Thigpen is an option, per some comments in this thread.

With that in mind, let me add, it is obvious that three or four teams are in need.
    We need to be the high bidder.
    We have enough money and the most pressing need IMO per my comments.
    I will agree with you in this thread that we need to be a highest bidder.
    We definately have the CAP room.

In another thread I will ask you what is the difference between starting TJ (two NFL starts) and having a rookie (No NFL starts) as a backup?

Both have had the same tutelage this year from the same QB Coach. Both have been through the same OTA's.
    TJ has had more work (presumably) in practices with the first squad.
    TJ has had more reps with the WR's than Thigpen and TJ has been with the team longer.

Say we get Holcomb.
    He hasn't thrown one ball to any of our WR's.
    He hasn't been through any OTA's.
    He hasn't played in one pre-season game or scrimmage and he sure the heck hasn't been under the direct supervision of any of our coaching staff.

Who would you rather step under center and run the team?

I for one would like to have a vet, but would have liked to have had him in a bit sooner thant the week before the season.
    Anyway, it is a interesting topic to discuss.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Bollinger’s struggles as backup QB could bring changes behind Jackson

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    Just what am I missing here?
    We have been talking for months about the fact that the Vikes have a chance to be in the hunt for the Playoffs with "solid QB play."
    Are you seriously telling me that Thigpen, now, is a better backup option than a proven backup?
    For that matter, is your premise that Thigpen is a better option than Bollinger?
    Face it, we have a young starting QB with alot of promise.
    If he goes down, it is neither responsible (to the players who have busted their dimply buttocks, nor to us fans) nor prudent to put in a 7th Round draft pick rookie from COASTAL CAROLINA...now, the kid appears to have some skills, but you HAVE GOT to be kidding me.

The Vikings, Childress, believed Bollinger was our contingency plan...if you have any doubts, just look at who we traded to get him and, oh, by the way, now, DT depth is another issue due to that trade.
    Like I posted yesterday, Bollinger is not, nor is Thigpen (for now) a viable option for our Team.
    This is not the Cleveland Browns franchise, we deserve a better product.

I hope to the football gods that TJack doesn't get hurt early.
    If he does, we will be in the lottery for the best player next year, Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville.
    Then what?
    Thats in another thread.
    In this thread, most of us, are talking about who is in the running for Holcomb and what it might cost to get him.
    hmmm, well, actually, it's inbedded in several threads.
    I was merely responding to the absurdity of actually thinking Thigpen is an option, per some comments in this thread.

With that in mind, let me add, it is obvious that three or four teams are in need.
    We need to be the high bidder.
    We have enough money and the most pressing need IMO per my comments.
    I will agree with you in this thread that we need to be a highest bidder.
    We definately have the CAP room.

In another thread I will ask you what is the difference between starting TJ (two NFL starts) and having a rookie (No NFL starts) as a backup?

Both have had the same tutelage this year from the same QB Coach. Both have been through the same OTA's.
    TJ has had more work (presumably) in practices with the first squad.
    TJ has had more reps with the WR's than Thigpen and TJ has been with the team longer.

Say we get Holcomb.
    He hasn't thrown one ball to any of our WR's.
    He hasn't been through any OTA's.
    He hasn't played in one pre-season game or scrimmage and he sure the heck hasn't been under the direct supervision of any of our coaching staff.

Who would you rather step under center and run the team?

I for one would like to have a vet, but would have liked to have had him in a bit sooner thant the week before the season.
    Anyway, it is a interesting topic to discuss.
    Thigpen. But I guess Holcolm is going to come in and give him some competition. Bollinger will be sent the way of former greats like Mike McMahon and JT O'Sullivan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12