Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Bob Sansevere: Ryan Longwell talks field goals

    BS: As the season goes on, do you do anything to baby your foot or leg?

    RL: We start counting reps and cut down on the kicks during the week. We're very careful about when we do kick that it's with a snap and a hold. And limited reps, but highly efficient and highly effective (reps).
    BS: You don't have your foot insured, do you?

    http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...nclick_check=1
    Marrdro's comments follows:
    I left the TW stuff out of the title.
    No place for that stuff in a Vikings thread.

    As to the article.
    Now we have to Ex PUKERs on pitch counts. One with his arm, the other with his leg.
    Whats the world coming to?

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:Bob Sansevere: Ryan Longwell talks field goals

    There’s been a lot to talk about with regard to offense and defense in light of the Vikings 36-10 pounding of the Chicago Bears on Sunday. But the special teams play from Sunday should not go ignored.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re:Bob Sansevere: Ryan Longwell talks field goals

    He will be the reason we beat the Saints, in New Orleans, come January
    We're bringing purple back.

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:Bob Sansevere: Ryan Longwell talks field goals

    gregair13 wrote:
    He will be the reason we beat the Saints, in New Orleans, come January
    I hope not. I hope the score isn't even close so we aren't relying on him.

    Funny how people soon forget why he was let loose from PUKER land. Short on KO's and couldn't hit the long ones.

    Let me go dig around. I read an article a couple of days ago that layed it out pretty good. Outside of 50 he sucked.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Bob Sansevere: Ryan Longwell talks field goals

    really? because outside of 50 he's been dead on. Franchise record. Glad we grabbed him. I'll gladly take his "short" kickoffs that "only" go to the 5 for his clutch kicking.

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:Bob Sansevere: Ryan Longwell talks field goals

    Longwell’s leg benefits from new workouts
    For most of his career, sending Longwell out to kick a long field goal was an iffy proposition at best. In his first 11 seasons from 1997-2005, Longwell had made just 14 of 28 attempts of 50+ yards. If he was sent out to try a long field goal, there was just as good a chance that he would miss it as make it. Things were even worse with the Vikings. In his first two years with the team, he attempted six field goals of 50 or more yards and missed five of them.
    Marrdro's Comment Follows:
    This is the one I was referring to.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,308

    Re:Bob Sansevere: Ryan Longwell talks field goals

    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    He will be the reason we beat the Saints, in New Orleans, come January
    I hope not. I hope the score isn't even close so we aren't relying on him.

    Funny how people soon forget why he was let loose from PUKER land. Short on KO's and couldn't hit the long ones.

    Let me go dig around. I read an article a couple of days ago that layed it out pretty good. Outside of 50 he sucked.
    Outside of 50 is not a huge measure as that is not asked that often.

    Though for shits and giggles ... last season he was SIX OF SIX outside of 50 and he is 8 of 8 over the last two seasons.

    So that is a check mark in the box saying he can bang the long ones.

    His kickoffs have also gotten much better and deeper this season.

    And just to let you know ... in his final season with the Packers he nailed 4 of 5 outside the 50, hardly reason to cut him. It was his 9-15 from 30-49 that got him done in. A number he has turned into 50-59 since joining the Vikings.

    His numbers here simply do not back your claims.

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:Bob Sansevere: Ryan Longwell talks field goals

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    really? because outside of 50 he's been dead on. Franchise record. Glad we grabbed him. I'll gladly take his "short" kickoffs that "only" go to the 5 for his clutch kicking.
    LOL, just posted the link. Another instance comes to mind, we were playing the Dolphins and we trotted ole Shortwell out for a long one, camera cuts to Cris (Dead to me Carter) and you see him mouthing......He can't make one that far.....

    Course, much to my (and CC's suprise) he made it. :woohoo:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,308

    Re:Bob Sansevere: Ryan Longwell talks field goals

    Marrdro wrote:
    Longwell’s leg benefits from new workouts
    For most of his career, sending Longwell out to kick a long field goal was an iffy proposition at best. In his first 11 seasons from 1997-2005, Longwell had made just 14 of 28 attempts of 50+ yards. If he was sent out to try a long field goal, there was just as good a chance that he would miss it as make it. Things were even worse with the Vikings. In his first two years with the team, he attempted six field goals of 50 or more yards and missed five of them.
    Marrdro's Comment Follows:
    This is the one I was referring to.
    It is 2009 ... time to start living in it. He is hitting EVERYTHING outside of 50 for two seasons now.

  10. #10
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Bob Sansevere: Ryan Longwell talks field goals

    Yet in the past 2 years he's 8/8 over 50+ with a 65+ yard average on kickoffs

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bob Sansevere: Vikings OL Ryan Cook
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 01:04 PM
  2. Blocking field goals
    By vikesfargo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 07:14 AM
  3. Sid Hartman talks to Ryan Longwell - VIDEO
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 05:07 AM
  4. Sid Hartman talks to Ryan Longwell - VIDEO
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 06:02 AM
  5. Longest Field Goals
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-23-2006, 07:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •