Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bo and Adrian

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Bo and Adrian

I just got done watching the Raiders vs the Seahawks game from 1987 where Bo Jackson rushed for well over 200 yards and that game brought back many fond memories for me as I have always regarded Jackson as my favorite back of all time(Until we got Peterson).

But if you have a chance to watch that game replay on NFLN, I think there are some good things that can be taken out of it.

First, they put him in the backfield with Marcus Allen in many formations that I feel could also be effective with our combination of Peterson and Taylor. Watching the gamegives a good template of the possibilities of what we could do this season and how it could look.

The two backs also have alot more in common than I thought they did with their speed, power and vision. I think Bo was more complete from the start as he could lay a devastating block right out og the gate and was also a better receiver, but Peterson has displayed a much better knack for making a cut on a dime, stopping and changing direction than jackson could do.

If he can stay healthy we really struck gold with Peterson and the fact that his combination of speed and power takes going back 20 years to find a comparison speaks highly of him.

I can't wait for training camp to start.

BTW. They marketed Jackson very successfully with Bo Diddley around the Bo Knows slogan. Do you suppose the will get Sly Stallone for Peterson and do a Yo. Adrain series of commercials? ;D

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bo and Adrian

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I just got done watching the Raiders vs the Seahawks game from 1987 where Bo Jackson rushed for well over 200 yards and that game brought back many fond memories for me as I have always regarded Jackson as my favorite back of all time(Until we got Peterson).

But if you have a chance to watch that game replay on NFLN, I think there are some good things that can be taken out of it.

First, they put him in the backfield with Marcus Allen in many formations that I feel could also be effective with our combination of Peterson and Taylor. Watching the gamegives a good template of the possibilities of what we could do this season and how it could look.

The two backs also have alot more in common than I thought they did with their speed, power and vision. I think Bo was more complete from the start as he could lay a devastating block right out og the gate and was also a better receiver, but Peterson has displayed a much better knack for making a cut on a dime, stopping and changing direction than jackson could do.

If he can stay healthy we really struck gold with Peterson and the fact that his combination of speed and power takes going back 20 years to find a comparison speaks highly of him.

BTW. They marketed Jackson very successfully with Bo Diddley around the Bo Knows slogan. Do you suppose the will get Sly Stallone for Peterson and do a Yo. Adrain series of commercials? ;D
    haha that would be hillarious, but i doubt it.
    Adrian isn't arrogant enough to put himself in commercials about himself, unless it s benefiting organization i'd bet

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Adrian isn't arrogant enough to put himself in commercials about himself, unless it s benefiting organization i'd bet
    yeah i got to watch that game... it was the year I was born, but i love watching those old games, and I agree how they used the backs etc... could be used with our system. Yo' Adrian that be hilarious.

Blog Entries

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Jackson wasn't being arrogant wither, just having fun in the commercials and if anything poking fun at himself in them.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Bo Jackson was a great runner before his hip injury ended his career.

I hope that AP lasts longer !! I think that when it is done and said, AP will have a bigger impact on the NFL, because he won't be injured (knock on wood !).

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

"StillPurple" wrote:

I hope that AP lasts longer !! I think that when it is done and said, AP will have a bigger impact on the NFL, because he won't be injured (knock on wood !).
    I think AD will last longer just for the fact that he's not on steroids like Bo was (don't pretend he wasn't).
    Bo was probably more dominating at that time, but just imagine if AD took the juice...

WOW...

Good comment Uffda on Bo having Marcus in the backfield...
    Seems setup similar to our current situation, hopefully we'll see some of it this year.

Wow, i gotta get that idea of AD on roids out of my mind before sleep...
    What a freaking monster he would be...

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Bo wore himself out playing two sports

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Bo wore himself out playing two sports
    Yep.

Bo knows football. Bo knows baseball. Bo knows steroids.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

BTW

If you see the game, check out the TE (#86) for the Seahawks

Blog Entries

"hx38596" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

I think AD will last longer just for the fact that he's not on steroids like Bo was (don't pretend he wasn't).
    Bo was probably more dominating at that time, but just imagine if AD took the juice...

WOW...

Good comment Uffda on Bo having Marcus in the backfield...
    Seems setup similar to our current situation, hopefully we'll see some of it this year.

Wow, i gotta get that idea of AD on roids out of my mind before sleep...
    What a freaking monster he would be...

Do you have any proof of that?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2031331

"I'm not going to sit here and say, 'Maybe I did or maybe I didn't,"' Jackson said. "I didn't. Never did. Never had to do."

I have a hard time with the thought that Peterson is as gifted as he is naturally but Jackson only did what he did because of steroids. They are both amazing athletes and IMO they both did it without any help from meds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast