Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Blueprint for a Minnesota Vikings Super Bowl Run (BR Alert)

Some teams try to buy their way into a championship (this goes for any sport). The smarter ones build towards a championship. That doesn't mean they HAVE to take five or six years to make the playoffs or see the Super Bowl, just that they build carefully, one piece at a time.

They have a blueprint for success, and they follow it.

The following is what the Vikings' blueprint for a Super Bowl run looks like if I am new general manager Rick Spielman.

These are long term goals as well as short term ones. Whether they are immediate payoffs or pay dividends down the road, they will all have the net effect of winning this team the Super Bowl.

Blueprint for a Minnesota Vikings Super Bowl Run | Bleacher Report

Very well written article.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Josh007 is offline Waterboy
    I thought they were talking about THIS YEAR with the title. I was like, "oh yeah, that must be Bleacher Report" LOL

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh007 View Post
    I thought they were talking about THIS YEAR with the title. I was like, "oh yeah, that must be Bleacher Report" LOL
    Wait, what? You don't think we're going to win the super bowl this year? I do!

And I am wearing these today too...

Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by Josh007 View Post
    Nope, not sure how that happened, I did use the quote "Long and Short term goals" in the original post.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Wait, what? You don't think we're going to win the super bowl this year? I do!

And I am wearing these today too...

Comeon my friend. Now your just picking on me. You know all to well that I go into every season believing they have a chance.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Comeon my friend. Now your just picking on me. You know all to well that I go into every season believing they have a chance.
    So do Timberwolves fans.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    A chance to go 6-10, Marty.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Lot of ifs, but I think Vikes can go 8-8 if not better. Course, could go 4-12 as well. But they lost a lot of games last season (nine, to be exact) by 7 points or less. Led going into 4th quarter in their 1st three games, which included decent teams like SD on the road and Detroit. After Cook was suspended and Winfield got hurt, the secondary was a complete train wreck. WRs outside of Harvin were nothing to write home about. Pass protection left much to be desired, and Ponder eventually imploded under the pressure. These situations figure to be MUCH better this season if players stay healthy and on the right side of the law.

To be sure, the Vikes are probably in the toughest division in football right now and it won't be easy there. But about half of the schedule doesn't look horribly challenging (Jax, Tenn, Ariz, TB at home, Indy, Wash, Sea, StL on the road). Not saying they are all gimmes, but there is plenty of room for optimism. Throw in maybe a division win or two against the Lions and/or Bears, and we might have an outside shot at a wild card. Ponder will have to make some big steps forward, but with the addition of Jerome Simpson, and maybe Childs, Wright or Arceneaux stepping up, and Rudolph getting some deserved attention in the game plan, the Vikes could have an explosive "pick your poison?" offense.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    Lot of ifs, but I think Vikes can go 8-8 if not better. Course, could go 4-12 as well. But they lost a lot of games last season (nine, to be exact) by 7 points or less. Led going into 4th quarter in their 1st three games, which included decent teams like SD on the road and Detroit.
    But if you're going to look at that as an earmark for this season you need to keep in mind Ponder is our starting QB. Of those 9 losses by 7 or less, 4 were with McNabb as QB & 2 more was with Webb playing substantially in the game.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    But if you're going to look at that as an earmark for this season you need to keep in mind Ponder is our starting QB. Of those 9 losses by 7 or less, 4 were with McNabb as QB & 2 more was with Webb playing substantially in the game.
    Point taken. At the same time, we saw how unproductive the offense was with McNabb under center, and Ponder at least put up some substantial points and yardage in games like the Packers and Broncos games. Ponder cutting down on his mistakes (boneheaded picks) and the OL giving him better protection should continue to enhance the offensive success of this team. Not to mention that some of the more lopsided losses can be laid squarely at the feet of the defense.
    SKOL VIKINGS!