Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Del Rio Guest

Blueprint to beating the eagles

If they apply pressure to Mcnabb on a good O-line it will go a long way to helping their image and confidence.

And if they don't they will not be looked at any different.

That's all I'm trying to say.

PhillyGirl is offline Starter

"Del Rio" wrote:
    If they apply pressure to Mcnabb on a good O-line it will go a long way to helping their image and confidence.

I agree. Same for Brown/Sheppard if they do a good job vs. Moss.

I was only saying that I've learned not to let what the "experts" and crtics say. If I did that, I'd have given up after week 2 last year. :wink:

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"PhillyGirl" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

I agree. Same for Brown/Sheppard if they do a good job vs. Moss.

I was only saying that I've learned not to let what the "experts" and crtics say. If I did that, I'd have given up after week 2 last year. :wink:
    Must be nice to have TO, though

Because of him, more people are hanging from the Eagles jock than people hanging from the Patriots'

Wait till he starts dropping passes and blaming it on McNabb - he dropped 7 of 8 vs. Pittsburgh. I know it was preseason, but I didn't see Moss drop any in preseason.

But like Moss says, let's just watch the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Del Rio Guest

T.O and Moss are two different beasts. T.O. is huge and uses his strength to man handle opponents and he runs good routes. Trying to jam him is often a huge mistake, and I hope we don't play zone because of this.

Moss is faster then anyone, he is tall and long he has amazing hands. He ad libs a lot of routes and goes to the ball. You really can't compare the two.

I think Ownes fits in Philly better then Moss would because of his attitude and overpowering style. Moss fits in Minnesota because of his explosiveness and speed.

I believe Moss is the numer one over all in the NFL at WR, but what he is a negative copy of TO in that everything he lacks TO seems to have and vice versa.

Remember Our DB's practice against the best every day at practice. And now Philly has a good reciever to go up against in practice. So they should be more physical and more diverse as well.

I have come to the conclusion that the DB's are good on both teams, it's just a question of who's defensive Cord is going to get them in the right positions to make the plays.

I think ol Ted did a piss poor job of that last week. The plays that were made were all heart plays and an eagerness to do well. if the Defensive scheme would have been better I have no doubt we would have had some picks and some more stops. but when you are playing a mile off the ball it is hard to let your athletes do athletic things.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Here's my two cents worth:

I'll agree with the poster who said "look what being conservative got us last year". Controlling the clock and the ball are things to do when you have the lead. If the run is working, then by all means cram it down their throats. On the other hand, I think you've got to get Culpepper/Moss and the other receivers in a comfortable game rhythm so that passing plays click when you run them. It's almost a given that the Eagles will blitz a lot, so you better have plenty of calls/audibles ready for those situations. And whomever is in the backfield and is subbing for Kleinsasser better be ready to block somebody. With those things in mind, I think you run your regular offense, taking shots downfield when they present the opportunity and let the ponies run!

Defensively, the line will have to be disciplined and keep McNabb bottled up in the pocket. He can make too many things happen if he is allowed to get outside of it. Westbrook is a dangerous weapon, and I wonder if Nattiel might see more playing time to cover him if he comes out of the backfield (which he will).
    SKOL VIKINGS!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Another thing that concerns me is the noise in the stadium. Tice said he figured Daunte audibled like 8 times against Dallas.

Culpepper did a very good job reading the blitz. But if the Eagles show blitz and he has to audible it could be a lot harder to do this time.

The last six times these teams have played the home team won the game. If we lose to the EAgles, I don't think it will be because of our players not matching up well with theirs, I think the home field advantage will be the main factor.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Sorry, didn't mean to post this.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234