Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Blueprint to beating the eagles

The packers showed tonight, how to beat a good football team, on the road. They pounded the ball, run after run, against the panthers. The panthers couldn't stop it, so they kept running the ball. We will need to do the same thing against the eagles, to win the game. We should be able to run the ball at will against them, with our huge o-line and their lack of a rush D. We will then be keeping their offense off the field and also keep the crowd out of the game. keep running the ball until they bring a safety up, then hit them deep with the pass to moss, robinson, or cambell.

I hope our coaches watched the MNF game and realized that that is what we need to do next monday, to beat the eagles.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

You're right although I think running the football down their throats is probably Tice's game plan anyway. He really likes to run the ball. I just hope we do it consistently enough. Plus he should see how poorly the Eagles rushing defense was against Barber and Dayne.

On the flip side of that, I have no doubt the Eagles will be running the ball right at us when they see how poorly we did against that and how well we did against outside runs.

But TO really lit the Giants up and the crowd absolutely loved it. So they will probably go early to him often to get the crowd into it.

This will be a tough one.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

yeah they might try to get TO going early and if we play 10 yards off covering style we did with the cowboys then he could have big game. But I think our D is way better then the gaints in every position.
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

Del Rio Guest

Mike Tice = O-line coach. He will run the ball and run it well.

The Vikes will hoepfully be able to get the run game going. A good way to spread the field out a bit is to dink and dunk a few short outs or screens. I am not confident in the "we are going to run it down their throats," system because the Vikes will go 3 and out a bunch guaranteed.

Eagles have great athletes on D, and they can key the run if it's obvious.

But I agree we need it. We should mix run with short routes picking on the LB's and then when they scoot in (if they do) take em long. Really with our diversity I'd imagine that we can do just about what ever we want as long as we mix it up and keep them on their heels.

We don't want to fall behind.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"sdvikefan" wrote:

But TO really lit the Giants up and the crowd absolutely loved it. So they will probably go early to him often to get the crowd into it.

This will be a tough one.
    definitely- just like teams coming to the Dome. You need to take the crowd out of the game and that might mean having our DBs mixing it early with the Eagles WRs. If Williams can lay on a hit like he did to Keyshawn on Sunday then it might just put a hint of doubt in the WRs. It is not going to be an easy game but if we take our A game there for all units then we can get a win
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Good points guys...I think screens will work well because Jim Johnson likes to send blitzes..and if Culpepper can read them like he did against Dallas, we can expect some nice runs by Onterrio, and even Mewelde when he gets some clock. I really hope we send a lot of blitzes at them, because McNabb is used to getting a lot of time to get the ball off, and if we can get some pressure early, it will set the tone and throw him off. I think both teams will come with a similar attack plan...it will come down to TOP and least mistakes/turnovers. All I know is its going to be one hell of a game!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

I dont think we need to overpower with the run game, have a good balanced attack, if culpepper looks as good as he has in the first game and all of preseason, i dont worry about the offense at all. im concerned about stopping them and TO.

"thepacksux" wrote:
    I dont think we need to overpower with the run game, have a good balanced attack, if culpepper looks as good as he has in the first game and all of preseason, i dont worry about the offense at all. im concerned about stopping them and TO.

I am not saying we HAVE to run 70% of the time to win, I am sure we can pass the ball too. But since this game is on the road, and against a good offense, we need to do exactly as the packers did monday night, run run run. Everybody knows that the panthers have a very weak secondary, yet the packers didn't come out with favre and throw the ball all over the place. They pounded the ball, time after time, and destroyed the panthers. It wasn't that the packers thought they couldn't pass the ball against the panthers, but rather they knew that if they ran the ball on them, it would be easier to take the crowd out of the game, and win. This is why I say, even though we have an awesome passing attack, we should still run the ball 65-70% of the time on them, provided we are having success running. It takes the crowd out of the game, keeps our D fresh and off the field, and also keeps the TOP in our favor, keeping their offense off the field. Run the ball at will and take a few shots downfield when they are there, that is how we will win this game. I think we might get into trouble, if we try and pass the ball too much.

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "thepacksux" wrote:

I am not saying we HAVE to run 70% of the time to win, I am sure we can pass the ball too. But since this game is on the road, and against a good offense, we need to do exactly as the packers did monday night, run run run. Everybody knows that the panthers have a very weak secondary, yet the packers didn't come out with favre and throw the ball all over the place. They pounded the ball, time after time, and destroyed the panthers. It wasn't that the packers thought they couldn't pass the ball against the panthers, but rather they knew that if they ran the ball on them, it would be easier to take the crowd out of the game, and win. This is why I say, even though we have an awesome passing attack, we should still run the ball 65-70% of the time on them, provided we are having success running. It takes the crowd out of the game, keeps our D fresh and off the field, and also keeps the TOP in our favor, keeping their offense off the field. Run the ball at will and take a few shots downfield when they are there, that is how we will win this game. I think we might get into trouble, if we try and pass the ball too much.

If this game was in the dome, then I would have a different game plan, but it is in phily and you need to run the ball to win on the road.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Well... I think we can pull this off... its going to be tough though. Moss is gonna be on fire for monday night... especially playing opposite TO... We stopped TO last year, but he does have a better QB throwing to him this year!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast