Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Blown TD call = Loss?

I'm just pissed that we shot ourselves in the foot all game long!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Ok so I just saw the Marcus Robinson TD ......WTF...it was clearly a TD...I cannot beleive it was not called a TD.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

zimtwister is offline Coach

the ref's did not even know the rules, how could they enforce them? these ref's are horid.
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

mudcat is offline Training Camp

Re: Will Vike org protest the bad No TD call to the NFL?

"Caine" wrote:
    "mudcat" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "mfenlon" wrote:
    For real?? It's over dude, let it go... It's like
    complaning to the ref about a holding
    call in the forth that happened in the first.
    The call did suck but it's over. We are now
    playing for a draft spot...
    Talk about a quote that'll boil my blood...

Playing for a draft spot? Well, perhaps YOU have thrown in the towel and leaped off the bandwagon, but I have to say that looking at the NFCN picture - with Chicago facing Green Bay and Us to finish, and the overall NFC picture, I'd say we're still very much ALIVE in the Play-Off hunt.

If Chicago losses their last two, and we win, we take the Division based upon a better Division record. Chicago MUST win one of their last two or have us lose one, to lock in the Division.

In the overall NFC picture, we're 8-6...just like the other 3 teams fighting for the 6th slot. Atlanta, Washington, and Dallas are all 8-6, and Tampa Bay sits at 9-5.

Atlanta plays Tampa and Carolina...two games they could easily LOSE.

Washington plays the Giants and the Eagles, and the Giants are shooting for Home Field, so they're comming to play.

Dallas plays Carolina and St. Louis, and Carolina is also playing for Home Field.

So, each of the 3 other teams at 8-6 could EASILY lose one (or more)...which could put us in the Driver's seat. All we have to do is win out.

Playing for a draft spot? Not on your life. Go sell that tripe to the Lions and Packers.

Caine
    Contenders shouldnt have to count on a 3-10 team beating the div leaders to make the playoffs. Contenders shouldnt have to depend on who loses to who to make the playoffs. Contenders put themselves in position to make the playoffs. I hate to say it but I dont feel that the vikings are contenders now.
    Who's talking about being a contender at this point in the season? I'm talking about making the Play-Offs, not taking it all the way.

So we need a little help to lock...is that so bad? So do plenty of other teams. Two years ago Green Bay slid into the Play-Offs when we (Contenders who needed only to win to take the Division) suffered that improbable loss to Arizona...I didn't see THEM saying, "No, we're not really Contenders...you guys should have the Division title".

The only way we steal the Division is with a Packer win versus Chicago. Is that LIKELY? No, not after Monday nights game it isn't. Green Bay looked as bad as I've seen a team look all season. But, this is Chicago...and in a Division game, the records go out the window. Anyone who's been following the NFCN (and the former NFCC) knows this. Green Bay will be up for Chicago...just because they ARE Chicago.

11/16/97, the 0-10 Colts take on the 8-2 superbowl bound Packers...and WIN. It happens every year in the NFL...heck, it happens almost every week. Houston has actually won TWO games this year...who picked that to happen? San Francisco beat Tampa Bay this year. The improbable happens all the time.

So, can Green Bay beat Chicago? Absolutely. The Bears did it to US last season, starting our slide. That's why they play the games. If they didn't, we'd already have the Superbowl won because - on paper - we were a far better team than we have been so far.

As for the second part, we HAVE put ourselves in a position to make the Play-offs...we did that by beating 6 teams in a row. Sure, they were all crappy teams, but we beat them, and now we are in a position to have a REAL shot at making the post season. What more do you require?

Are we contenders? That question isn't complete. Contenders for WHAT? For the Play-Offs? Absolutely. For a Superbowl? Not yet...not really...

...but there's still a slim chance, and miracles happen every single day. Ask the 1980 US Hockey team.

Caine
    Caine,

Man Im sorry if I come across as being so negative.
    I want the vikings to win games just as much as anyone.
    A lot (all) of my ill feelings are toward Tice. He always seems to find a way to put his foot in his mouth.
    When the Vikes are hot he has a cocky sarcastic attitude that just turns people off. When they are not so hot he seems to point fingers and doesnt accept responsibility. IMO Mike Tice has no business being a HC in the NFL (my opinion). It seems like we get our hopes up and Tice and his staff find a way to let us down. When Tice is gone Zygi and the Vikes have a bright future.

sureban is offline Rookie

"skum" wrote:
    I know its a bad excuse - and we made turnovers and stupid penalties..

But as i think about it.. the "not to be" Marcus Robinson Touchdown - ment much more than seven points..

If we would have gotten that Touchdown we would have the lead 7-3..

Our first turnover comes from that shovel pass.. its clearly that the pass is way overrushed.. if we would have had the lead, i dont think that Brad Johnson would made that decision to make i risky pass like that.. infact it was only 2nd down, so we would have had 1 more shot at the endzone..

The second turnover also comes from going 100% for a TD.. - at this time we are behind cause of the Ben TD..

we could have settled for a FG here.. so actually we could have been up by 13-10 by halftime.. if we would just have taken it easy..

I think that the fact we didnt get the lead in this game, was a big factor we lost.. cause we overrushed things..

Well my thoughts..

Thumbs for to Steelers for an awesome defence.. allthough i think we could have beat it..

I do not understand B.J.'s thought process. The Vikings were in a close game, where they obviously had the momentum, and he panicks (for some reason thinking about the need for a TD) and throws two STUPID interceptions. FG's would have been fine at the time.

Sincerely,
    Mark.

sureban is offline Rookie

"skum" wrote:
    I know its a bad excuse - and we made turnovers and stupid penalties..

But as i think about it.. the "not to be" Marcus Robinson Touchdown - ment much more than seven points..

If we would have gotten that Touchdown we would have the lead 7-3..

Our first turnover comes from that shovel pass.. its clearly that the pass is way overrushed.. if we would have had the lead, i dont think that Brad Johnson would made that decision to make i risky pass like that.. infact it was only 2nd down, so we would have had 1 more shot at the endzone..

The second turnover also comes from going 100% for a TD.. - at this time we are behind cause of the Ben TD..

we could have settled for a FG here.. so actually we could have been up by 13-10 by halftime.. if we would just have taken it easy..

I think that the fact we didnt get the lead in this game, was a big factor we lost.. cause we overrushed things..

Well my thoughts..

Thumbs for to Steelers for an awesome defence.. allthough i think we could have beat it..

I have been fuming over BJ's brain-lock since sunday. FG's would have been FINE at the time.

The Vikings will send in a tape to the NFL in protest. Even if the NFL does admit to a bad call, it does not change the L into a W.

I personally do not believe Robinson had full possesion of the ball (i.e. he was juggling it).

Sincerely,
    Mark.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

And the rookie, mudcat, learns that it's not nice to mess with the raw force of nature that is Caine (or as we should really call him, HurriCaine!) :evil4:

Don't feel too bad, mudcat...that is why his title is Reality Check...it is what he does!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Caine's new Theme Song (I hope you like it, Caine!) :lol:

Messin' with the Man named Caine (sung to the tune of Rock You Like a Hurricane by the Scorpions)

It's close to game day
    The trolls comes out
    PP.O is rocking
    The posters shout
    The fans are cheering
    But above the din
    Caine is calling
    For another win
    He's spewing logic
    He does it well
    He sends all lame trolls
    To moron hell