Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Blown TD call = Loss?

the "incomplete" pass to M-rob in the endzone was a disppointment, to be sure. But it was worse that the vikes couldn't get the ball into the endzone on the subsequent 2 downs.

Sadly, the vikes offense and special teams were just outplayed yesterday. The offensive penalties in particular killed the O unit's momentum at so many points. The defensive unit stepped up though. The 55 yd parker run notwithstanding, the D unit played exceptionaly well, I thought.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikes" wrote:
    The officals sucked. No doubt about it. Even the Steeelers fan that were watching the game with me said the officals sucked.

1. The Robinson catch was a TD.
    2. The 3 and 10 was short. It was stupid we had to fight for ever call.
    3. The push off from Randle EL. (We wasted a challenge)

I mean that's when I knew were not playing the Steelers we were playing the NFL Front office. I think this game was a message from the league clean your act up! We probaly will get a fair shake in Baltimore then Chicago.
    You gotta calm down. The idea that it was a message from the NFL is just baloney. We didn't lose because of the officiating, we lost cuz we played a crappy game and didn't take advantage of our opportunities. Come up with all the excuses you want, but we played a terrible game.

As for your mistakes,

1. I agree that it could've been called a TD, but it was arguable. He was bobbling the ball, and you couldn't really tell from the camera angle when if he ever really had control. The field judge was standing right there, he had the best view, and I couldn't see any conclusive evidence on the replay to change my mind.

2. Once again, I would've called it the other way, but I'm kinda biased (and I have the idea that you are too).

3. I don't even know why this is on the list. They made a mistake and they changed it IN OUR FAVOUR.

Even with those two other calls going in our favour, we still would've lost. We simply made too many mistakes and didn't capitalize on our opportunities. The Steelers are a good team, and you can't throw Red Zone INT's and fumble kickoffs etc the way we did and expect to win.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Thats true canadian but its human nature to be curious. We are a very curious species, and alot of us can't go without wondering how the game would have turned out if a couple calls would have went our way instead of there way.

Anyways we did play a horrible game, we've battled through bad officiating all year and still overcame it. We must learn to become a smarter team as a whole, the penalty thing just killed us yesterday.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Remember that, in the 6-game winning streak, we created turnovers and worked on a short field a lot of the time because of it (keeping the opposing team in their end). In the game against the Steelers, how many turnovers did we cause?

0. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

There's as good a reason as any why we lost.

That, and 13 penalties (8 for offsides!!!!!!)
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Thats true canadian but its human nature to be curious. We are a very curious species, and alot of us can't go without wondering how the game would have turned out if a couple calls would have went our way instead of there way.

Anyways we did play a horrible game, we've battled through bad officiating all year and still overcame it. We must learn to become a smarter team as a whole, the penalty thing just killed us yesterday.
    O Don't get me wrong I would've loved to see all those calls go our way, and I even disagreed with quite a few calls by the officials.

I was just upset over all the excuses I saw here on the board about how we lost because of the officiating. In any game, you have to expect that a few calls will go to both teams. If you need every single call to go your way just to have a chance at winning, you probably aren't a very good team to begin with.

The officiating was pretty even overall - the fumble recovery was a HUGE break but we couldn't take advantage of it (I know they called back the TD, but we should've been able to punch it in on 2nd or 3rd down).

Basically we played a crappy game - gave them turnovers, didn't create any, and our offence stunk. That's why we lost.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

"shockzilla" wrote:
    Remember that, in the 6-game winning streak, we created turnovers and worked on a short field a lot of the time because of it (keeping the opposing team in their end). In the game against the Steelers, how many turnovers did we cause?

0. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

There's as good a reason as any why we lost.

That, and 13 penalties (8 for offsides!!!!!!)
    Technically, wasn't the punt recovery considered a fumble recovery?

I know that's not really the point of your post, but just clarifying.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Will Vike org protest the bad No TD call to the NFL?

"mfenlon" wrote:
    For real?? It's over dude, let it go... It's like
    complaning to the ref about a holding
    call in the forth that happened in the first.
    The call did suck but it's over. We are now
    playing for a draft spot......
    Not crying about it...just wondering if they will!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Will Vike org protest the bad No TD call to the NFL?

we arent crying yet...a bears loss in green bay we win in baltimore...hopefully and then its the showdown in the met

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

damn i dont even want to remember that damn game right now...offsides...calls against the vikes like crazy...geesh get ready for baltimore its not over yet

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

The refs were bad, but we could have won anyway. There's really nobody to blame for the loss except for ourselves and the Steelers. They played a very good game, especially defensively. The no TD call was questionable, but nothing to write home to mom about.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast