sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Blitzing the Packers

A lot of people have been calling for Cottrell to blitz more. I used to disagree with this because I didn't think the Vikings defense was able to handle the other team's blitz adjustments, especially the Colts who are masters at blitz adjustment. But I am starting to change my mind, after watching the tapes of both the Giants and Colts games again. I am tired of seeing the opposing offense able to set up their timing and their play with almost no disruption from our guys. This has been happening for weeks now. Cottrell does need to come up with some creative ways to blitz against the Packers, as Vikeman pointed out.

We play the Packers all the time, we know their blitz adjustments and we should be able to account for them. If we sit back and allow Favre to pick out who he wants to throw the ball to each and every time, with the Lambeau crowd behind him, we will be screwed.

Moss is out. The defense cannot count on the offense to strike quick and put up a lot of points. The front 4 are awesome but in a game like this we may need more help in getting to the QB. Maybe if we zone blitz, and pull one of the linemen back to cover the blitz adjustment. Or use Chavous, I am sure he knows all the ways the Packers respond to the blitz and could probably react better than anyone else if he is brought up.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

Blitzing the Packers

I think it would be better to send our LBs on a blitz and mess everything up instead of having them roam around confused in coverage.
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Blitzing the Packers

How about confusedly blitzing? Or messing around in coverage?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Blitzing the Packers

Don't listen to Los...he is just trying to confuse and befuddle us...you are getting sleepy, you are getting sleepy.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Blitzing the Packers

Yeah biltz with the LB's they cant cover anyone anyways. Hell send them on every play, f*ck it.

PDXPackfan is offline Waterboy

Blitzing the Packers

blitz away....it should make it easier for Favre to hit Driver or Walker on the quick slant

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Blitzing the Packers

"PDXPackfan" wrote:
    blitz away....it should make it easier for Favre to hit Driver or Walker on the quick slant
    That's exactly what I was talking about...they need to be ready for those blitz adjustments the Packers make.

I would think Franks or Green would be used more when Favre is blitzed. I haven't seen as many Packer games lately, but a lot of teams will adjust to a blitz by shifting the o-line and having the TE run a quick out or quick slant right off the line. If the Packers use Driver or Walker in those situations though, I think we could still have somebody covering their route if we blitz.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Blitzing the Packers

"PDXPackfan" wrote:
    Hey man whats with your town or city that you are from???

ALoha oregon???? Never knew they had a town called that. I guess oregon is trying to be like hawaii huh? :roll:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

PDXPackfan is offline Waterboy

Blitzing the Packers

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Hey man whats with your town or city that you are from???

ALoha oregon???? Never knew they had a town called that. I guess oregon is trying to be like hawaii huh? :roll:

trying to be like hawaii?.. that would be a futile attempt ..unfortunately..