Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: To blitz, or not to blitz?

If you bring the blitz.. you better get there.. otherwise Sharper and his slow feet will be exposed along with suspect experience at corners.. that is minus Winfield.

Want my honest opinion, blitzing this week isn't a good idea.. sit short on the pass routes especially in the middle.. roll the safeties at the hashs and make Favre complete the long passes along the sidelines.

Play a nichel back in the short middle zone of the field.. make the us work the edges and bring your A game tackling..

Blitzing will ensure a quick exit for your defense though.. after Jennings, Jones or Driver cross the goal line.
    ;D

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

I think we should blitz but in certain situations... Favre is smart enough to beat teh blitz that's why we should mix it up and come after him with lb's then the occasional corner blitz and drop de's back in coverage for the slant routes.. etc... whatever we do.. even if we don't blitz.. i don't like us staying back in zone coverage..

if anything.. play some man uder and send a lb/corner/ or somebody else... with safeties over the top or in help.. especially on 3rd downs and 3rd and long situations....

Favre is good enough to find the holes in the zone and/or cover two...

whatever we do somehow we have to get the him...

Frostbite is offline Coach

"pack93z" wrote:
    If you bring the blitz.. you better get there.. otherwise Sharper and his slow feet will be exposed along with suspect experience at corners.. that is minus Winfield.

Want my honest opinion, blitzing this week isn't a good idea.. sit short on the pass routes especially in the middle.. roll the safeties at the hashs and make Favre complete the long passes along the sidelines.

Play a nichel back in the short middle zone of the field.. make the us work the edges and bring your A game tackling..

Blitzing will ensure a quick exit for your defense though.. after Jennings, Jones or Driver cross the goal line.
    ;D

Sorry.....not buying it. Farve is just as human at the QB position as any other QB under the right pressure. He will take a sack....throw it away...or get pounded if the blitzes are called at the right times and disguised in ways Farve has not seen. It will be up to our defensive coaches to put this together. The biggest mistake you can make against Brett is to allow him to stand in the pocket uncontested and throw. If you can make him uncomfortable by throwing off his rythm with a great pass rush and occasional blitzes he will eventually make a mistake you can take advantage of. As great as he is....he can't beat you if he doesn't have the time to do so.

To me this misses the whole logic of play we should bring into this contest anyways. Brett can't beat us if he isn't on the field that much. Our strategy should be ball control....time consumption with long drives for eventual scores. Large doses of A.P. and C.Tay....mixed in with the occasional play action should do the trick.

JMHO

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Big C is offline Coordinator

"Brett can't beat us if he isn't on the field that much".

With AP busting all these long touchdowns it's kind of hard to do that ;D. Not that I am complaining though.

To para-phrase Herm Edwards: "Favre will throw 3 potential interceptions per game. Whether you catch them or not is the question". I would like to see some blitzing on 3rd down. Up until the Chargers game, thats when we would sit in the zone and watch miserably as teams kept converting 3rd down and long.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Yes. Blitz, blitz, blitz.

The play must be stopped at the point of origin. If the secondary sucks, get to the QB.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Frostbite" wrote:
    Sorry.....not buying it. Farve is just as human at the QB position as any other QB under the right pressure. He will take a sack....throw it away...or get pounded if the blitzes are called at the right times and disguised in ways Farve has not seen.
    There is no blitz that Favre has not seen.
    Get that thought outta your head right now.

You can't sit back in coverage, and you can't blitz too much.
    What the Vikings need to do is get a pass rush from the DEs with some EJ and Leber blitzes sprinkled in the mix.
    I, for one, have not forgotten the way that Favre picked apart the Vikings a couple weeks back with 3-step drops and quick slants.
    All the fucking blitzes in the world won't stop that.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NordicNed is online now Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    Sorry.....not buying it. Farve is just as human at the QB position as any other QB under the right pressure. He will take a sack....throw it away...or get pounded if the blitzes are called at the right times and disguised in ways Farve has not seen.

What the Vikings need to do is get a pass rush from the DEs with some EJ and Leber blitzes sprinkled in the mix.
    I, for one, have not forgotten the way that Favre picked apart the Vikings a couple weeks back with 3-step drops and quick slants.
    All the fucking blitzes in the world won't stop that.

=Z=
    That just about sums it up for sure.
    The best way to get to Favre is by your defensive line to get the push needed to colapse the pocket around Favre.
    Once you start sending in those extra rushers and blitzes, it's like sighning your own death cert........Favre is at his best doing those little dinks and dunks, and he will just pick you apart.....

Win the battle of the line, and you can get Favre to lose his rythem.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

VikingsMB is offline Pro-Bowler

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

All the fricken blitzes in the world won't stop that.

=Z=
    That just about sums it up for sure.
    The best way to get to Favre is by your defensive line to get the push needed to colapse the pocket around Favre.
    Once you start sending in those extra rushers and blitzes, it's like sighning your own death cert........Favre is at his best doing those little dinks and dunks, and he will just pick you apart.....

Win the battle of the line, and you can get Favre to lose his rythem.....
    I noticed yesterday that our guys don't rush with their hands in the air to bat down passes.
    They are trying to power collapse the pocket but it is taking to long.
    Let's face it, we are not facing another Norv Turner this week.
    The Vikes will need to be bring in pressure from the outside to contain the old man and the front line need to push with
    power from the body and a hand in the air.
    Favre is ready for his annual pathetically average game.
    Send in the interception King...BTW...Sharper is also due for a career game.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234