Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Purple D is offline Starter

Re: To blitz, or not to blitz?

Nothing wrong with getting your hopes up.
    Lets hope that the team can be consistent now and play like they did this week, next week.
    Maybe the players attitudes and effort is Changing.
    They maybe doing it just like before but they are doing it with more effore and heart.
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

I see where your coming from Zeus, and we did throw a bunch of wrinkles at them, and some situations where we looked to blitz but didn't,
    But at the same time, we did blitz more than we usually do, and a few where even on 1st downs......Whatever it actually was, blitzing or not, it worked and kept Rivers guessing and running for his life all day.......

That was the best defensive showing ( as a whole) for us so far this season.....
    But if you go back and watch most of the games, EJ and Leber have been doing that for several weeks.

Again, funny how a win and people think things are changing.

Hell it just worked this weekend.
    ;D

I think your wrong there Marr,
    from what I've been seeing, EJ has been dropping back into his zone during passing play situations,
    and yesterday, he was holding his ground or blitzing, .......

But like I said earlier, definetly a great game by our Defense.
    And yes Zeus, earlier I posted somewhere, that was the first game in a long time that I've seen so many pass attempts knocked down or out of the oppenents.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

What choice is there?

If the Vikes don't blitz BF will have all day to throw LONG ball.
    The blitz might get a bit of a hurry or if BF reads it he may check down or call a quick slant... short throw.

The front 4 are a run stopping machine and actually get a good push, they just can't shed the block to get the QB.
    The front 4 got great pushes against the Cowboy's, started to collapse the pocket and Romo just stepped up and out and threw or ran.
    I sort of miss the great swim moves of John Randle...

Trust in the vets of Leber, EJ, Sharper, and Tank to hide the blitz and make the plays.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NordicNed" wrote:

And yes Zeus, earlier I posted somewhere, that was the first game in a long time that I've seen so many pass attempts knocked down or out of the oppenents.

I mentioned it as well.........

"singersp" wrote:
    What they changed their schemes to better their players abilities?

Yes, there was more man-to-man coverage in there. Both on the line & in the backfield. Did anyone besides me notice how many more passes where batted away yesterday over past games?

It was a thing of beauty I tell you.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

I see where your coming from Zeus, and we did throw a bunch of wrinkles at them, and some situations where we looked to blitz but didn't,
    But at the same time, we did blitz more than we usually do, and a few where even on 1st downs......Whatever it actually was, blitzing or not, it worked and kept Rivers guessing and running for his life all day.......

That was the best defensive showing ( as a whole) for us so far this season.....
    But if you go back and watch most of the games, EJ and Leber have been doing that for several weeks.

;D

from what I've been seeing, EJ has been dropping back into his zone during passing play situations,

You are partly correct.
    EJ and Leber have been (pre snap) charging the line, backing off, charging at another gap and then after the snap either dropping back or blitzing.

The one that seems to work the best is when they both do it, both drop back and then delay blitz.
    Leber came clean against Dallas on that one.

Trust me my friend.
    I pay close attention to that kindof crap.

I look to see if Chad gets involved, but to date he has mostly stayed in coverage when he is out there unless on some cases where they give an allout blitz.

Might be a new wrinkle they throw in next week.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

;D

You are partly correct.
    EJ and Leber have been (pre snap) charging the line, backing off, charging at another gap and then after the snap either dropping back or blitzing.

The one that seems to work the best is when they both do it, both drop back and then delay blitz.

Trust me my friend.

I look to see if Chad gets involved, but to date he has mostly stayed in coverage when he is out there unless on some cases where they give an allout blitz.

;D
    Looked to me like the coaches had Greenway keying on LT which worked out good for us....Greenway had the speed to catch LT on that run to the outside.
    Did a hell of a game plan on LT and Gates.....Did Gates even play?....LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

;D

You are partly correct.

Trust me my friend.

;D

Looked to me like the coaches had Greenway keying on LT which worked out good for us....Greenway had the speed to catch LT on that run to the outside.

Seemed like Gordon had him a few times as well.
    Good team effort if you ask me.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NordicNed" wrote:

LOL!..................

Gates had 1 reception for 10 yards.

Can you imagine how many people started Rivers, LT & Gates on their FF teams?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tke0933 is offline Pro-Bowler

Like Singer said earlier, it seemed we were able to break up more passes yesterday in the man- to-man coverage when we blitzed than when we were in a zone coverage.
    I say blitz and disguise it like we did against SD.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Favre is MUCH more composed under pressure and has been in the situation much more often than Rivers :P Hopefully we can get some pressure on him just so he doesnt have much time to make decisions and let routes open up.. but we're not going to make him uncomfortable thats for sure :P we're not messin with a young player next week.. we're messing with a first ballot HoFer thats playing like he's at his prime

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast